• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Icolin

Banned
Zlatan's clothing line posted this on Twitter: (https://twitter.com/azsportswear/status/877535611531517957)

DC2h-9cXYAAkaZh.jpg:large

LAFC colours? Stretching a bit, but it's suspicious.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No way does a brand-new team shell out Zlatan money. They'd have no idea if they could even build a team that could support him, if he's going to LA it'll be to the Galaxy.

Icolin

Banned
Meh, self-inflicted when he slid into another Montreal player.

Not saying it was a foul, but that Lovitz was clearly injured and play maybe should've stopped. Still, Montreal have got to play to the whistle there. Kinda 50/50 on it.

It wouldn't be a 401 derby or Voyageur's Cup game without some controversy though, doubly so when Silviu Pretrescu is the referee.

Not saying it was a foul, but that Lovitz was clearly injured and play maybe should've stopped. Still, Montreal have got to play to the whistle there. Kinda 50/50 on it.

It wouldn't be a 401 derby or Voyageur's Cup game without some controversy though, doubly so when Silviu Pretrescu is the referee.

I'm expecting a red card at some point. As always.

Icolin

Banned
Isn't Piatti left footed? That's the only excuse I can think of for that godawful pen.

EDIT: Here comes Vazquez and Giovinco. RIP Montreal.

This Minnesota/Portland match is silly

Edit: Nice try diving, Valeri. Bit of a delayed reaction there.

Double edit: Good call, Unkel. While we're at it, folks, stop falling over and grabbing the fucking ball.

imBask

Banned
Fuck Petrescu and fuck TFC for scoring with a player lying on the ground with an actual injury for once

but fuck Petrescu more

Fuck Petrescu and fuck TFC for scoring with a player lying on the ground with an actual injury for once

but fuck Petrescu more
I can get on board with the first point, but Lovitz was hurt by his own player, and you guys would do the same thing if it were flipped.

- Earthquakes Sign Valeri ‘Vako’ Qazaishvili as Designated Player

Sounds like a decent signing overall, and I hope he pans out a little better than expected. He's young (24) and has good skills, but his career at Vitesse stalled out last year and he was sent out on loan. We'll see how it goes...

Dual-national Kenny Saief's change of association has been approved by FIFA and he is eligible to play for the USMNT in the Gold Cup. https://twitter.com/JeffreyCarlisle/status/877924441547821056

I've never heard of this dude, frankly, but apparently he is a full-time starter for Belgian club Gent who played in Europa this year and Champion's League last year. Might be worth a flyer.
Could be a useful player, particularly if Arena keeps on rolling out the 3 in the back system that needs wing backs (he's a lefty that typically plays out wide, iirc). He's a talented player but it might take a while for him to get integrated into the system.

You would never know this team just played on Wednesday. Too deep, this team. Vazquez is our team MVP still. So glad Giovinco got one. Mavinga is a beast.

Still #1.

Top Bottom