• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If I owned a professional sports team I would pay someone to make sure the players get home safely after a night out. The players clearly can't use common sense.

I'm a little surprised MLS doesn't already do this for it's younger players. The older guys, and anyone coming over from Europe, aren't going to be much trouble in this regard, but the homegrown guys? Gotta keep better tabs on them.

This dashcam video of Cyle Larin's arrest (via TMZ) is really something.

Before, I thought that CSA should, but wouldn't, suspend him for the Gold Cup, but now that this video is out, it's definitely going to happen.

Well, there goes Canada (and Orlando's season).

Icolin

Banned
Well, there goes Canada (and Orlando's season).

Hey, Canada still has goal scoring machine Anthony Jackson-Hamel!

Orlando on the other hand will probably have to play Rivas and Barnes together up front, which doesn't sound like a recipe for success, to put it lightly.

RBH

DCYh6h_VwAEKeGv.jpg:large

Restaurant-Aerial_resize.jpg

DCZKxECXgAA7yU3.jpg:large

061617%20falcons%20stadium%20HS16.JPG

DCYC4eyUQAEasI_.jpg:small

Meier

I'm pulling for Ajax. Going to City, PSG or Chelsea would suck.

If he went to City, he'd get loaned out to one of the City affiliate loan clubs in Europe: NAC Breda (Eredivisie like Vitesse) or Girona (La Liga this season for the first time in their ~75 year history). Ajax have a few very, very talented young CBs but they get sold regularly so he could take over in time. Wouldn't depose De Ligt or Davinson Sanchez at the moment though. Sanchez will get snatched up by someone soon but they also have Jairo Riedewald who is very promising.

Chris R

How soon is the new ATL stadium opening??? Looks like it's almost done, can't wait for them to get a friday/saturday night FS1 game on TV so I can check it out.

RBH

How soon is the new ATL stadium opening??? Looks like it's almost done, can't wait for them to get a friday/saturday night FS1 game on TV so I can check it out.
First event is Falcons preseason game on August 26th

First match for Atlanta United is on September 10th versus FC Dallas

Icolin

Banned
Beautiful goal by Techera.

EDIT: I'll take a draw against FC Dallas any day of the week, doubly so when the Whitecaps are as depleted as they are. Good defensive performance, but a lacklustre offensive performance; today showed just how crucial Christian Bolanos is to the offense.

Oh, and Alphonso Davies was fantastic once again. This kid is something special.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
BWP can only be kept down for so long. The man is going to feast on NYCFC.

Also, I want to say I think Veron needs more minutes. He should be given a month's worth of starts and if he can't keep performing then get someone new, but he should be given the chance because when he plays he usually does well.

I'm not a huge fan of the stars, but maybe it'll look better in-game. Hoops are fine. My overall beef with the US kit designs is that they keep on doing different stuff. Just find one thematic idea (hoops, sash, whatever) and stick with it.

Dartastic

I'm kinda genuinely surprised that you guys aren't digging this more. It looks so good IMO. Around when do we expect these to go on sale? I need one.

wEhjSuK.jpg

Icolin

Banned
Atiba Hutchinson to Whitecaps rumors heating up again. Sources in Turkey are saying that the Whitecaps, with the help of MLS, have offered Beskitas a 5 million dollar transfer fee for Hutchinson.

Top Bottom