• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Askani

Just Ike out there. Running around being Ike. Doing Ike things. NBD.

GD1yHlQ.png

Solid and necessary win for the Quakes. Nice to see Hoesen and Urena get going. Lima was a dumbass on his second yellow and now he'll miss the Clasico. The injury and suspension issues are still hurting the team a lot.

Glad to see Opara continuing to be successful, but it really bums me out that he was a Quake first and asked to leave after a few injury plagued seasons.

RBH

And here are the players that didn't make the 23 man roster, but who are on the 40 man roster and can still be called in after the group stage:

GOALKEEPERS: Joe Bendik (Orlando City SC), Jesse Gonzalez (FC Dallas), Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids)

DEFENDERS: Steve Birnbaum (D.C. United), Greg Garza (Atlanta United FC), Matt Polster (Chicago Fire), Jonathan Spector (Orlando City SC)

MIDFIELDERS: Michael Bradley (Toronto FC/CAN), Tommy McNamara (New York City FC), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), Chris Pontius (Philadelphia Union), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund/GER), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC)

FORWARDS: Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC/CAN), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), C.J. Sapong (Philadelphia Union), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

With Fioranelli coming in, along with other major changes for the Earthquakes, it was only a matter of time.
Sure, and I'm certainly happy about it. The timing is just strange (after a win, before the Clasico), and putting Leitch, the technical director, in as the new manager without an interim tag is odd. Leitch doesn't have much experience, and it doesn't make sense to me that they'd do this for him if they were actually looking elsewhere for a new manager. We'll see what happens.

Icolin

Banned
I need to get to a Timbers match, maybe even against Seattle one day.

Nah, go to one against Vancouver. Vancouver v Portland>>>Seattle v Portland.

Also, this game hasn't been very good so far, but hopefully that changes soon.

EDIT: And here we go. Joevin Jones with the goal, 1-0 Sounders.

Chris R

DOGSO, didn't win the ball, and scissor tackled. Red for me personally, but I wouldn't disagree with a yellow either.

Ya after a few replays it looked worse than it did live.

Seattle playing well for being down, but that 2nd goal is going to be hard to overcome.

Cystm

After forgetting to set my Fantasy team for 3 straight weeks, I finally am (barely) back in triple digits for a week.

Fell so far in many leagues tho.

zroid

Banned
TFC XI for CC Final

Irwin
Zavaleta
Moor
Mavinaga
Beitashour
Edwards
Bradley (C)
Osorio