• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Askani

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW AWFUL IT WAS TO
WATCH THAT.

Welcome to how we felt watching in the stadium when we won in 2013. You've been indoctrinated. When it goes your way...feels good man. GL in the playoffs. Normally I'd probably root for Portland but I don't know if I can bring myself to since you put us out. Plus my strong dislike for anything Borchers.

Dartastic

Welcome to how we felt watching in the stadium when we won in 2013. You've been indoctrinated. When it goes your way...feels good man. GL in the playoffs. Normally I'd probably root for Portland but I don't know if I can bring myself to since you put us out. Plus my strong dislike for anything Borchers.
But like, Borchers is the best... :(

you really need a Laurent Ciman, that defense of yours... good lord

but then again even your forwards didn't seem to give a damn last night
Maybe not actually Ciman, though. But yeah, we have a busy offseason ahead of us. Less turnover than most seasons, but we need a new defense entirely, and I'd like a good keeper again.

Melia situation disgusted me. MLS needs to be proactive and make a rule change. Melia should have come off for more tests and the back up comes in without it costing a sub. The TRAINER then decides if he is okay to come back on. It's not like it can be exploited much at the keeper position.

Steven Goff said:
Bobby Boswell confirms he has been suspended for Sunday's MLS playoff match vs. Red Bulls. Re: Agudelo incident Wed.

#DCU capt Bobby Boswell: "I committed a play where you put your hands at the mercy of the [disciplinary] committee."

"Geiger saw it & makes a decision [yellow] based on flow of game, but at same time, u have to respect decision of committee"

Judderman

drawer by drawer

vOz06Qw.gif

Askani

How can you not love this?

Because for me it comes with crap like this

http://i.imgur.com/4gbaqVU.gifv

and this

http://i.imgur.com/JJ7i37T.gif

and this

http://i.imgur.com/TYH2cmK.gif

He did another shoulder block off the ball into Dom's chest last night again. He's good at not getting called. I mean, look, I get it. He's a good player and he plays the game hard. I imagine this is what the other side of the coin felt like every time someone would complain about Aurelien Collin when he was here.

I just watched the highlights of the Portland-KC game. Amazing.
If TFC would have lost the game like KC did then at least I could have been proud of them. The way they lost against their game against Montreal was disgraceful.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Also...in front of SKC's bus after the game:

Cooold...bloooodeeed

Damn.

Flags, drums and tifos are banned for the Montreal Ultras next sunday

that sucks

I missed the match, did they do anything during the game that deserves this punishment? I saw a video of some asshole Ultras hassling Gio as he walked to the team bus, but that was it.

...Well then.

Dartastic

Also...in front of SKC's bus after the game:

Cooold...bloooodeeed
Holy shit.
HOLY SHIT. HAHAHAHAH.

RE: 2 post shot. Saw this on Reddit. "If the ball had been aimed 0.02" further to the right, it would be a goal. If it had been 0.02" further to the left, it would have cleanly bounced out without striking the second goal post." HOLY SHIT.

imBask

Banned
Damn.

I missed the match, did they do anything during the game that deserves this punishment? I saw a video of some asshole Ultras hassling Gio as he walked to the team bus, but that was it.

...Well then.

yeah I was right in there and they deserve it, they used everything... pyros, flares, smoke bombs, streamers

they posted on facebook that they assume what they did and will just sing louder instead

Dartastic

Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay. Gameday. LET'S. GO. TIMBERS.

Cystm

Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay. Gameday. LET'S. GO. TIMBERS.

Previous meetings:

Jul 18, 2015 POR 1 - 1 VAN
May 2, 2015 POR 0 - 0 VAN
Mar 28, 2015 VAN 2 - 1 POR
Sep 20, 2014 POR 3 - 0 VAN
Aug 30, 2014 VAN 0 - 3 POR

I think Portland has a good shot. POR 1 - 0 VAN

Also, DC Captain Boswell is out of today's match for throwing a Knee into Swags no where near the ball. Stadium Cam caught it and dude is an asshole.

NYRB are going to take this. 2 - 0

SEA 3 - 2 DAL
I think these two teams are going to go HAM. Seattle gets the edge. Though It's going to be close.

CLB 1 - 3 MON

Drogba. If not for him, I would give CLB the edge.

GRW810

What a result. Diving header by Dax was a glorious way to win. Wish we could have grabbed a second but still, we should have enough to keep the scum at bay at RBA.

Also, Zubar, not a red. Fucking rash and clumsy, but yellow sufficed.

Top Bottom