• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Dartastic

I didn't think he even had his clearance from FIFA as of yet.
I think that was a few weeks ago, at least. Things certainly could have changed since then without anyone knowing.
FWIW, the new USMNT roster should be out on Sunday, and there will undoubtedly be a few leaks before then. I assume some of the picks might be contingent on MLS playoff results.
Quite possible. There's also the two week break between playoff games, which means there should be no effect on the playoffs.

Quite possible. There's also the two week break between playoff games, which means there should be no effect on the playoffs.
Ah, I didn't know they were taking a break. Guess we'll see. I imagine a few coaches still don't want their players on international duty since it can lead to injuries.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
I don't post here much, but I do have a passing interest since San Antonio is consistently in the running for a later expansion possibility down the line.

There's some big news recently of the city buying out Toyota Field and have Spurs run it.

SAN ANTONIO — City and county officials announced Wednesday that they've reached a deal to purchase Toyota Field from Gordon Hartman and have realized a pathway with Spurs Sports & Entertainment to bring Major League Soccer to the Alamo City.

Subject to approval by the Bexar County Commissioners Court and the City Council next week, the two entities will purchase the soccer stadium from Hartman for $18 million, split equally among the two. Spurs Sports & Entertainment will also pay Hartman $3 million. The city and county will jointly own the facility, which will be leased to Spurs Sports & Entertainment for 20 years.

I don't I'll like this deal personally, since the Spurs treat their other owned franchies (AHL's Rampage and WNBA's Stars) like complete shit, but seems like their the city's best hopes of landing the team.

Not sure how the stadium situation works, since Toyota Field is in the middle of no where and the Alamodome, while old, kinda needs another tenant and is located downtown, which MLS wants.

My brief two cents on the matter here.

Dartastic

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS NAGBE!

Please don't get hurt before the end of the season. ;-;

...I have a red white and blue Timbers Army fringe scarf with Nagbe's signature on it waiting for this day. :D

Cystm

I think it'll be Vancouver anyway

1jq4Maa.png

Dartastic

Would love to see Nagbe with the National team and not facing the Sounders next weekend.
Leg 1 is Nov. 22. The national team plays on the 13th and the 17th. If we beat Vancouver and progress, Nagbe will be available for the Western Conference final.
That's awfully specific to have lying in wait, haha.
I met him during the All Star Game and had him sign it. I was surprised that he's shorter than me. I figured it would be a good thing to have him sign. :p
3KwbYbKl.jpg

I think it'll be Vancouver anyway
Nope. Lineups are being announced officially Sunday. He's available against Vancouver.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La2LSzsOUlY

imBask

Banned
I just watched a thing about the Timbers Army, it's pretty cool... I hope the Ultras in Montreal will keep growing, if marketed well I think next season might be a turning point if Drogba can keep playing the way he does

Your #USAvVIN World Cup Qualifier Roster-

GK: Guzan, Hamid, Howard.
DF: Alvarado, Besler, Cameron, Johnson, Miazga, Orozco, Ream, Shea
MF: Beckerman, Bradley, Diskerud, Ibarra, Jones, Nagbe, Yedlin.
FW: Altidore, Gordon, Morris, Wood, Zardes

ngower

Alan Gordon isn't even a starter for LA and is approx. 9 billion years old, yet gets a callup over guys like Davies, Agudelo, Boyd, Green, Wooten, Rubin, etc. Hell, even the midfielders like Nguyen, Trapp, Shipp, Feilhaber, etc...I don't get it. This is a stupid roster. I hope we get embarrassed so USSF will finally fucking make a move on Jurgen.

Meier

I am okay with dropping Deuce given how uninterested he was versus Mexico. Gotta send him a message. These two qualifiers are absurdly easy as well so he shouldn't be needed.

What do you guys think the point is that Jurgen actually gets the boot? Like how badly does qualifying have to be going? Would he hold the job all the way until we don't qualify, or would it be like, at the halfway point we're not in great shape so he's out? Is there some specific result? Like, if we don't win both of these first two games that should be gimmes, is that enough?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What do you guys think the point is that Jurgen actually gets the boot? Like how badly does qualifying have to be going? Would he hold the job all the way until we don't qualify, or would it be like, at the halfway point we're not in great shape so he's out? Is there some specific result? Like, if we don't win both of these first two games that should be gimmes, is that enough?

I think if it's looking like we aren't even going to make the play-off at the half-way point in qualification they'll dump him and bring in someone like Arena to right the ship. There's no way they'd let us miss out on a World Cup.

I am okay with dropping Deuce given how uninterested he was versus Mexico. Gotta send him a message. These two qualifiers are absurdly easy as well so he shouldn't be needed.

Yep. Dude was invisible in that game.

Cystm

Deuce was the top goal scorer in the gold cup and has been in good form with Seattle. His was off in the money grab match, but I'm not sure that should keep him off the team. At all.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Deuce was the to goal scorer in the gold cup and has been in good form with Seattle. His was off in the money grab match, but I'm bout sure that should keep him off the team. At all.

Honestly we should be starting to phase him, Jones and Beckerman out of the team anyway. None of them will be in Russia.

Bobby Wood with a goal and an assist this morning. Yedlin starts for Sunderland at right back.

Sciaretta said:
Borussia M'Gladbach - Ingolstadt just underway. Fabian Johnson starts for BMG. Alfredo Morales starts for Ingolstadt. #USMNT

Arials

Is that even a legal surface under FIFA rules?

Actually answering my own question, no it isn't.

Matches may be played on natural or artificial surfaces, according to the rules of the competition

The colour of artificial surfaces must be green.

Where artificial surfaces are used in either competition matches between representative teams of member associations affiliated to FIFA or international club competition matches, the surface must meet the requirements of the FIFA Quality Concept for Football Turf or the International Artificial Turf Standard

I assume the league and the two teams have given it the thumbs up but it must be an awful surface to play on.

Cystm

#RebullOUT

of the Semifinals and into the Conference Championship. No sweaters but an MLS Supporters' Shield and a team record 18 league victories and 60 points.

GRW810

Wasn't pretty but the Red Bulls got the job done. Solid defence, Dax and Felipe mopped up in midfield and Veron's pass for BWP's winner was delightful.

I think I'd rather face Montreal than Columbus. Montreal have Drogba and a few other decent players but Columbus are a more all-round team.

As I speak, Columbus PK!

EDIT: Kamara missed! Montreal still in control. Wow.

Cystm

Ciman gave up a pen when the ball was heading away from goal.

Plot twist Kamara to take the pen over Higgy.

LMAO. Why? Like...hahaha

Saved. lmao.

Top Bottom