• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was Marth deemed worthy of a re-issue, but not Ike or Villager? I thought it was maybe the Codename S.T.E.A.M. tie-in, but then why not re-issue Ike as well?
As far as I know, there's gonna be another shipment sometime this summer at GameStop. I had Ike preorderd originally but never got it when it came out. They told me they're gonna have to fulfill the preorder in the summer when they get more.

Jomjom

Banned
So did anyone else see this on the Amiibo reddit just now?
qdppiSU.jpg

Don't believe Arul's lies.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
I don't believe anything anyone says!

TRU said 5am and it was 3am. Close but no cigar.

I still stand by the idea that if the Toys R Us rep didn't tweet it himself, it was Polygon who opted to tell people the wrong information based on a single conversation with a single rep.

Point is, we were mislead by Polygon, because if the rep didn't have a major outlet to BS, nobody would have given it any weight.
Not that they really should have, I mean it's Polygon.

Removed pic as it was taken off Reddit for alleged misinformation.
Yea, not falling for this again >.>

Edit: LOL, quoted just in time to miss the edit XD
I don't believe anything anyone says!

TRU said 5am and it was 3am. Close but no cigar.

It was actually 7am EDT they said and it went up 4 hours earlier. I still woke up too late even for 7am but that was an epic bait and switch.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I still stand by the idea that if the Toys R Us rep didn't tweet it himself, it was Polygon who opted to tell people the wrong information based on a single conversation with a single rep.

Point is, we were mislead by Polygon, because if the rep didn't have a major outlet to BS, nobody would have given it any weight.
Not that they really should have, I mean it's Polygon.

I'm surprised Polygon isn't a banned site on GAF yet :/

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
So we expect the sell out order to go as follows?

Lucina
Robin
Splatoon 3-pack
Charizard
Wario
Splatoon individuals
Pacman

That is my assumption

Oi. Guess I'll have to try and get Robin and Lucina from amazon.com.

(Don't trust my EBGames pre-order).

EDIT: Oops! This was meant for the Canadian thread...

Jomjom

Banned
Removed pic as it was taken off Reddit for alleged misinformation.

Yeah it didn't make a lot of sense. I mean does that mean Amazon Canada already got theirs from the manufacturer if Amazon only puts up preorders once they receive the product or information from the manufacturer?

weevles

Maybe Amazon is awaiting confirmation on exactly how much they will receive. I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

I thought stock from Nintendo was determined months in advance? Anyway I'm guessing it might be more of an internal inventory decision.

Glix

Yeah, I think he's gonna be megaman-rare, if that makes sense. I feel as though that Wario will be the most common.

That would make the most sense

Wario and Char - common
Pac - 3rd party rarity (same as sonic and MM)
Robin and Luc - One shipment only same as other FE's

Splatoon - No idea.

That would make the most sense

Wario and Char - common
Pac - 3rd party rarity (same as sonic and MM)
Robin and Luc - One shipment only same as other FE's

Splatoon - No idea.
Wario seems to be uncommon, Pac seems more common. Rest is probably right though going by the Gamestop sell-out order.

Although so far it seems the general amount of them are not much allocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom