• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glix

I see the inkling female to be rare and perhaps the 3 pack. I see the inkling male though just hogging up shelves.

Going Amiibo hunting on lunch most days and just seeing 1000 Pikachus at every store I go to has actually made me hate the cute yellow bastard lol. He has become associated with disappointment in my brain, lol.

Going Amiibo hunting on lunch most days and just seeing 1000 Pikachus at every store I go to has actually made me hate the cute yellow bastard lol. He has become associated with disappointment in my brain, lol.

I refuse to get Pikachu. He is everywhere taunting me at every store.

Shauni

I'm assuming by Megaman/Sonic-rare, you guys are saying that Pacman will be rare at first, and then pretty common? Because Sonic is pretty much everywhere around me now, and Megaman was though it seems he's thinned out a bit more.

Kirby is common? lol I have yet to see him in person.

Eh, pretty sure Kirby is insanely common. My local Wal-Mart has ten, and my local Gamestop has three or four last I was in there. Pretty sure he's often sighted as one of most common figures.

They're all rare. I don't see Splatoon being as rare because it gives missions but we'll see. I say that as I can't get a Shulk anywhere for Xenoblade 3ds

Glix

I'm assuming by Megaman/Sonic-rare, you guys are saying that Pacman will be rare at first, and then pretty common? Because Sonic is pretty much everywhere around me now, and Megaman was though it seems he's thinned out a bit more.

Eh, pretty sure Kirby is insanely common. My local Wal-Mart has ten, and my local Gamestop has three or four last I was in there. Pretty sure he's often sighted as one of most common figures.

"Rare at first" - Well, yeah, he'll probably sell out, but WILL be restocked somewhat over time like has happened with MM and Sonic.

Glix

While we're just shooting the shit F5ing, is there a consensus among the GAF Amiibros (and gals) on which sculpt/paint is the most impressive?

I'm SO impressed with Shulk. His outfit is detailed, even with little rivets and stuff, and tons of intricate paint work. Its really really impressive.

Rosie is really nice too, nice dress details (stars, trim, petticoat) earrings, brooch, crown, FINGERNAILS PAINTED, and the awesome little Lum buddy.

The really simple ones look very very nice (Kirby, Toad, Sonic) but are not as impressive.

Special mention for Toon Link, the statue is just super pleasing and awesome.

Haha. At least it's one of the better looking figures.

Eh, he's ok. Just plain lookin Pikachu standing. Wished he had a cool pose like this:

Pokken_Pikachu.jpg

GeekComplex

Neo Member
These silent periods on the forum are like death.
I immediately assume I'm behind, and it takes a few f5's to realize I'm probably over reacting.

Glix

Now that I'm participating in the thread more, I thought I'd show off my collection. This is my desk at work.

Not seen - Kirby and MK (at home for Rainbow Curse fun) and Gold Mario (Still in box)

broooos.jpg

My desk has always been barren, just an upside down candy dish.

I've never thought about putting stuff on my desk, but our building has thieves and my group is moving offsite in a few weeks, so maybe then... maybe.

Glix

My Amiibo keep me happy while at work. (work from home.)

That looks really really nice, bro. Well done.

Some of the collectibles on top are pretty sweet too!

Are they the crazy multicolor LED's that you can program all sorts of cool fades and stuff into?

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Leaving for a bit to get food and maintain sanity.
This would be doable if I could, ya know, play video games and watch this obsessively at the same time, but ya CAN'T because a damned minute makes the difference.
Drowning my sorrows in McChickens til I die...

The_Afroman

That looks really really nice, bro. Well done.

Some of the collectibles on top are pretty sweet too!

Are they the crazy multicolor LED's that you can program all sorts of cool fades and stuff into?

Just basic white. I could have gone RGB but i chose not too. I like the simple clean bight white leds.

cheap too. only 13 bucks for the lights.

Alright, gotta concentrate with my work these next couple of hours. Hope I get lucky and refresh on time if it comes.

Edit: Afroman, love your setup! Not jealous at all :p

Screw it, I bought some LEDs with wireless motion tracking.
Going to do Spring Cleaning in my apartment and get the Amiibos out of the box I am holding them in.

Well, I'm leaving work and starting my 45 minute drive home. You can all thank me when Amazon puts these up in 5 minutes.

No worries, I'm leaving in about 30 mins. for a 45 mins drive home as well, they will wait until then and put up pre-orders so we both miss them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom