• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glix

No worries, I'm leaving in about 30 mins. for a 45 mins drive home as well, they will wait until then and put up pre-orders so we both miss them.

Starting at five I have a 40 min Subway, 1 hr drive, and then fun at....

THE CONTAINER STORE!!

Then back to Brooklyn.

I won't be home and chillin at the PC until 11 at the earliest. They will certainly be going up in that window. (if they are going up today. If not, they will wait until I'm at the basketball game Wed evening, lol)

Starting at five I have a 40 min Subway, 1 hr drive, and then fun at....

THE CONTAINER STORE!!

Then back to Brooklyn.

I won't be home and chillin at the PC until 11 at the earliest. They will certainly be going up in that window.

You win hahah, better have that amazon 1-click ready! Honestly I won't be surprised at all when they don't go up today at all.

Sooo...in order to make the Amazon wait/F5 grind a bit more entertaining I thought I would throw out the following wager...

US Amazon pre-orders for Wave 4 will not go up by midnight eastern time today, April 6th. If they do I'll take a permaban on GAF.

I'll make a new wager on US Amazon pre-order availability each day until I correctly select the day they go live or until I'm banned, whichever comes first.

ace_of_space

Neo Member
Changed my avatar because that's what amiibo have turned me into.

With amazon.ca putting pre-orders up I'm stuck at my computer, like so many others, refreshing the amazon.com pages...

goldenpp72

Sooo...in order to make the Amazon wait/F5 grind a bit more entertaining I thought I would throw out the following wager...

US Amazon pre-orders for Wave 4 will not go up by midnight eastern time today, April 6th. If they do I'll take a permaban on GAF.

I'll make a new wager on US Amazon pre-order availability each day until I correctly select the day they go live or until I'm banned, whichever comes first.

....why?

Shauni

Could July not count as Fall? I was thinking Summer ended up at May? Shit, I don't know, August then? I just can't see them releasing in it September, because we have Mario Maker and Rodea then. I know Rodea is third party, but I would assume Nintendo is hoping to space out releases.

backlot

Could July not count as Fall? I was thinking Summer ended up at May? Shit, I don't know, August then? I just can't see them releasing in it September, because we have Mario Maker and Rodea then. I know Rodea is third party, but I would assume Nintendo is hoping to space out releases.

It'll be October. Summer is generally June-August.

Draxal

Summer begins late June ends in late September.

What are we talking about with TRU removing amiibos? The listings? Or are people getting their orders canceled?

They're talking about the ones that they added to the cart, but couldn't find a location to ship to on checkout.

Glix

I WANT TO "DISCOVER THE POWER INSIDE"

WHY WON'T YOU LET ME DISCOVER IT AMAZON!!!

edit - MY GAMES ARE NOT SUPERCHARGED ENOUGH

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on mobile now with no one click and full sites never stick. I really hate a lot of mobile sites, Amazon included.

Glix

I'm on mobile now with no one click and full sites never stick. I really hate a lot of mobile sites, Amazon included.

A lot of mobile sites are really really bad. Its super annoying. Not just for insane amiibo hunting, but just for everything.

Fox Mulder

Which is why I am pretty ticked off at Yoshi's Wooly World getting pushed to Fall.
So nothing to play on Wii U during May (not interested in Splatoon), June, July, or August. Sigh...

Sucks, but the wiiu is my secondary console.

The apps are better, but I'm on windows phone and don't even get many of those.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of mobile sites are really really bad. Its super annoying. Not just for insane amiibo hunting, but just for everything.

Yeah most of the stuff I want to use aren't even listed on mobile :/ "Making it easy" doesn't come with a lot of options :/

Anyone sign up and trust Amazon's Alert Me function for these amiibo? By the time you would get the e-mail, they would probably be long gone.

Thank you! I know what I'll be doing this weekend.
Yeah the Baseball Bat case is a premium, but I bought it during a B1G1 sale so it was both for $50-ish Got extra cases for Amiibo that I do not care to take in and out.

Planning on unboxing some and keeping others sealed until I know what is going to be rare or not after the craze is gone.

LowSignal

I wish Amazon would let me preorder a preorder, when X item is available from Amazon(not another seller) it just sells it too me with my card on file.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Decided the 3DS new release BoxBoy has enough to engage me and little enough I can set it down and not worry about missing amiibo.
The downside, all I can think about is how much I want a Qbby amiibo. :D
He'd likely be made the same way Game & Watch will be, 2D model made 3D object.
boxboy2.0.jpg

rjinaz

I wish Amazon would let me preorder a preorder, when X item is available from Amazon(not another seller) it just sells it too me with my card on file.

As a prime member would love this feature as prime exclusive, or even better, get an hour heads up or even an hour early access. Bet they would double their prime subs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom