• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExVicis

86822-not-like-this-gif-perfect-loop-pD6b.gif

3pm: It doesn´t go up
3 to 3:45, servers are down, people keep refreshing the page to not avail, people post fake orders claiming they went through, reddit implodes in itself
4:15pm, people give up hope, stop refreshing, go play some smash to cheer up.
4:22pm, preorders go up, only scalpers where ready, lucina, robin and splatton sold out in 38 seconds, but hey, you are on time to buy pac-man!
4:23pm, aww, you second guessed too much, everyone is sould out again.
4:25pm you saw the thousands of listings popping up on ebay.

You know on whatever day Preorders do happen this will most likely be the case yes?

rjinaz

It looks like everyone's putting in links with affiliate referals on em. Seems a bit rude to sneak that in.

I doubt it's malicious. Most people are just getting them from websites that are sharing. Those websites have every right to add their own links.

Ibuki

Banned
I don't care about Gamestop and Black Friday. Gamestop fucked itself on Wave 4, and that's why it was brought down. Amazon handled this traffic pretty easily.

Amazon also didn't make an official announcement that they would go up. Unlike GameStop that officially posted the pre-orders were going up.

I don't care about Gamestop and Black Friday. Gamestop fucked itself on Wave 4, and that's why it was brought down. Amazon handled this traffic pretty easily.

Maybe I was talking with someone else earlier, but the conversation was about how Black Friday was/wasn't worse than this... and you just basically stated that this was worse...

Draxal

Maybe I was talking with someone else earlier, but the conversation was about how Black Friday was/wasn't worse than this... and you just basically stated that this was worse...

It was me, but traffic for Black Friday for Amazon is much worse than this. You have to remove gamestop from this equation, as Amazon just handles so much more traffic than Gamestop.

I could have been me. I said a while back that I wondered if even Amazon would get brought down by this since GS supposedly said the traffic was greater than BF.

rjinaz

I guess we'll just wait till April 17th then?

If one rep was proven wrong, so can another. So I would not rely on the 17th. Could go up anytime before.

It took about 10 days from the time the SM amiibo went up to the time they were live. If they follow the same pattern it would still be this week sometime.

If one rep was proven wrong, so can another. So I would not rely on the 17th. Could go up anytime before.

It took about 10 days from the time the SM amiibo went up to the time they were live. If they follow the same pattern it would still be this week sometime.

I wonder if the customer rep got the april 17 date from when Mega Man is due back in stock...

The_Afroman

I don;t understand how a game like Lego Dimensions can be announced and go up on preorder with all it's "bits" 5 months before it comes out.. yet Wave 4 comes out in 1 month and they aren't up for preorder..

Why can't retailers get this right? Why

*salty tears pour out of my dried out sockets..*

It was me, but traffic for Black Friday for Amazon is much worse than this. You have to remove gamestop from this equation, as Amazon just handles so much more traffic than Gamestop.

If you want to take GS out of the equation that is fine. Black Friday is a special occurrence, Amazon knows they are going to get slammed higher than usual, so they prepare. This is a situation where they SHOULD prepare, but they probably won't, just like Gamestop. Will Amazon go down? Probably not. Will Amazon slow down? Probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom