• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
0b4.jpg

Ftfy
101084-You-really-think-someone-would-HYhM.gif

Amazon customer rep, you have failed me. I thought you were a man of honor.
Honor? From a man nammed Esteban? HA.

Draxal

If you want to take GS out of the equation that is fine. Black Friday is a special occurrence, Amazon knows they are going to get slammed higher than usual, so they prepare. This is a situation where they SHOULD prepare, but they probably won't, just like Gamestop. Will Amazon go down? Probably not. Will Amazon slow down? Probably.

Yeah, some people are saying it slowed down at 3, but for me personally it didn't.

However, this didn't get nearly as much traffic as gamestop did because there was an official tweet about it, and you had two subsets of people going after the preorders (instore/ and online) on Wave 4 preorder day.

I don;t understand how a game like Lego Dimensions can be announced and go up on preorder with all it's "bits" 5 months before it comes out.. yet Wave 4 comes out in 1 month and they aren't up for preorder..

Why can't retailers get this right? Why

*salty tears pour out of my dried out sockets..*

The problem here isn't retailers.

has palutena, dark pit, gannondorf and zero suit gone up for preorder yet at a site that'll ship to the usa?

also, if i can't find a lucina on release, anyone willing to trade for greninja?

Maitiú

3pm: It doesn´t go up
3 to 3:45, servers are down, people keep refreshing the page to not avail, people post fake orders claiming they went through, reddit implodes in itself
4:15pm, people give up hope, stop refreshing, go play some smash to cheer up.
4:22pm, preorders go up, only scalpers where ready, lucina, robin and splatton sold out in 38 seconds, but hey, you are on time to buy pac-man!
4:23pm, aww, you second guessed too much, everyone is sould out again.
4:25pm you saw the thousands of listings popping up on ebay.

As much as we love to create villains and malicious intentions, I have yet to really see evidence for it on ebay. For example, when I search ebay for "jigglypuff us amiibo" I get less than 90 active listings, and when I look at sold listings, somewhere between 5-10 a day.

Looking at one of the first exclusives, Rosalina, there have been a total of 3300 sold on ebay since Jan 9. Do we have any idea how many of these exclusive amiibo are produced? With 1800 Target stores, arbitrarily setting it at 18 Rosas per store, I get 32400. If I (again arbitrarily) add 10,000 online preorders, then we get 42400, with only 7-8% making it to ebay in the past 4 months. There are a few listings that sold more than one however, so we can increase it to 9%, and I'm also assuming no Rosalina on ebay was resold on ebay later. So perhaps the vast majority of amiibo preorders actually do go in the right hands, even when they aren't our own.

It's not ridiculous. You nip this behavior in the bud -- this is what keeps neogaf different from gamefaqs.

Agreed. Too many people are stressed out about this stuff right now for joke posts. We literally have people adjusting their real life schedules around these rumors, so joke posts like "ITS UP" add nothing to the conversation and only to the confusion.

rjinaz

Y'all meta commenting on bans is against the rules, pm a mod if you don't agree with something . We don't want more casualties.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Why is wave 5 so small with only two characters?

Many are conflicted if it's a separate wave or part of the larger September wave. I separated it just in case, especially because they're two months apart. Less confusing than a "Wave 5 (July - Sepember)" banner.

newarrior

At this point, I've seen the "Want us to email you when this item becomes available?" page, I don't even remember what the actual order page looks like :(

Where things start to fall apart is when the representative takes it upon him or herself to explain how the supply chain works. This person, who likely does not speak for corporate public relations, abdicates all responsibility on behalf of Nintendo of America.

"While this may not be the answer you were hoping for, all of the issues you're describing are retailer related. Nintendo has no input on when or how retailers sell our products, if or when new products are stocked, or when and how the retailer takes pre-orders. These decisions are made by retailers at the administration level. If you have concerns about these kinds of issues, we can only recommend contacting your retailer.

It may interest you to learn that Nintendo doesn't ship products directly to retail locations. We take orders from distributors (who sell our products and products from other companies), and ship our products to their distribution centers. The distributors then take orders from retailers and ship these orders to the retailers' merchandise centers. Once there, the retailers make all decisions about how to best sell this merchandise. They divide this merchandise up into smaller units and send them to retailers based on sales data.

Please also note that no amiibo have been discontinued at this time. We plan to have different amiibo available throughout the year, and characters which seem to disappear at one time will suddenly reappear in the future. This means that amiibo which are hard to find now will be back in stores."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom