• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol @ Amazon Video Games twitter account

Amazon Video Games ‏@amazongames 19s19 seconds ago
Meet Esteban.
CCLP955UkAEAU2P.jpg

Wait, is this wooden rooster rare? When can I preorder it???

GeekComplex

Neo Member
For me, shipping is so high I'm looking at almost 2.5x retail prices, but still less than scalpers today. Do we know for sure if there's no more restocks for the US yet?

No major restock confirmed like Play-Asia are selling, but based on NoA's statement to Gameinformer in that bit they wrote up, It's becoming clear it's intentional shortages with the intent of another reprint down the line...

I know he's probably not rare anymore, I remember amazon got restocked for a while, but I found a Toad in a gamestop today, and I'm happy to have him ^_^

He just looks so damn happy lol

Ha, i said the same thing to my friends when i sent the pic.

"LOOK AT THAT FACE, LOOK AT IT. I DARE YOU NOT TO SMILE BACK"

weevles

No major restock confirmed like Play-Asia are selling, but based on NoA's statement to Gameinformer in that bit they wrote up, It's becoming clear it's intentional shortages with the intent of another reprint down the line...

Ok thanks. I will wait then.

Draxal

It seemed like a random Nintendo CSR, because preorders weren't being fulfilled.

It seemed like a random Nintendo CSR, because preorders weren't being fulfilled.

Well that and the fact that the entire part about the retail distribution train made zero sense. There's no distribution center responsible for retailer exclusive Amiibos since there's only one place for them to go.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Complete fakes. I already proved most of those are the Tomy toys and the Blastoise is D-Arts Blastoise.

illadelph

'no Amiibo being out of print' is certainly interesting.
I haven't paid more than MSRP for an amiibo yet, and it looks like my patience might pay off if they stick to their word. Still might shell out some bills for Ness, though. I'm playing Earthbound for the first time right now and I need my Ness haha

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I missed the joke. Why is Esteban a rooster, specifically? Because he was early or something?

weevles

I missed the joke. Why is Esteban a rooster, specifically? Because he was early or something?

The joke is that Amazon is fully aware of the rumors swirling around their preorder dates for Amiibos since they aren't up yet. It's not specifically about the image per se.

Edit: although you could interpret the rooster as being a cock tease. :p

NeOak

And unlike the other websites, Amazon did not crash when everyone was hitting F5 like crazy.

Got that Gamestop!?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Of course they'd choose Best OT to be the OT that goes to Community. After all my hard work too!

OCBATPg.png

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
And unlike the other websites, Amazon did not crash when everyone was hitting F5 like crazy.

Got that Gamestop!?

Amazon is pretty pro at this stuff, though. They've had lightning deals, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom