• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
It's not that she's rare. Fans like her. Wario and Waluigi where popular upon their release (Wario even managed to get his own spin off title right after Mario Land 2: Sacred Coins).
Rosalina just happens to be an amiibo everyone wants. If anything, I don't think they're pushing her enough.

Honestly, for me It's this and the idea that she's sort of two amiibo in one. Why Peach or Toad don't get a Power Star as a tag-along is beyond me...

BigBossJelly

Neo Member
It's not that she's rare. Fans like her. Wario and Waluigi where popular upon their release (Wario even managed to get his own spin off title right after Mario Land 2: Sacred Coins).
Rosalina just happens to be an amiibo everyone wants. If anything, I don't think they're pushing her enough.

Being a Target exclusive doesn't help, seriously she sold out the first 10 minutes at my local store....DURING A GOD DAMN SNOW STORM

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I was reading the USGamer Amiino article and I noticed thry used the phrase "adult collectors". I don't think they (or Nintendo, above all) realizes that the age demographic that's most into them, grew up with both the games and cool figures/toys. Whether it be the 80s or 90s for nostalgia/figures, many of us were there. Add more recent/popular characters, and no one should he "surprised" as to how popular they got. They struck a cord with us!

SaviourMK2

Being a Target exclusive doesn't help, seriously she sold out the first 10 minutes at my local store....DURING A GOD DAMN SNOW STORM

Oh yeah, definitely, if she wasn't a store exclusive she'd be right there with Ike and Dedede instead of up there with Shulk, Meta Knight, Marth and WFT
Which would be less painful and make me more reluctant to open her japanese box

Oh yeah, definitely, if she wasn't a store exclusive she'd be right there with Ike and Dedede instead of up there with Shulk, Meta Knight, Marth and WFT
Which would be less painful and make me more reluctant to open her japanese box

The issue is will we see any of those again. Remembering when Shulk sold out in about an hour.

AdanVC

I still can't get used to go to the community section and go into this thread. :( Amiibo hype soon will have 20+ OTs like Destiny

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I think Rosalina was available online for a while after she was actually released in stores, so I'm hoping Jigglypuff will be the same.

prateeko

Hopefully now that the thread has been moved off the main page things can quiet down and get back to where it was between waves.

Also getting into LINE is real hard. Diggeh and CH4OS must be getting slammed

LiK

Hopefully now that the thread has been moved off the main page things can quiet down and get back to where it was between waves.

Also getting into LINE is real hard. Diggeh and CH4OS must be getting slammed

I prefer Community. less of a menace from lurkers.

I was reading the USGamer Amiino article and I noticed thry used the phrase "adult collectors". I don't think they (or Nintendo, above all) realizes that the age demographic that's most into them, grew up with both the games and cool figures/toys. Whether it be the 80s or 90s for nostalgia/figures, many of us were there. Add more recent/popular characters, and no one should he "surprised" as to how popular they got. They struck a cord with us!

Exactly. I first played games on the NES and started my son gaming with Nintendo; passing that love on. I sure hope I can get his FE amiibos and Ganondorf, then we're out.

LiK

At this point I'm just calling it peace of mind payment, I guess. Been way less stressed about Robin and Lucina since getting the preorder done somewhere.

I would immediately preorder for Robin and Lucina but Pac-Man, Wario and Charizard might be commons. what to do...

RootCause

I would immediately preorder for Robin and Lucina but Pac-Man, Wario and Charizard might be commons. what to do...
I'm just waiting for Amazon to put Robin, and Lucina up. If I fail to get them, I'm heading to PA. I just need them to hurry up before PA runs out too. :/

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Better to be angry that you paid extra than be angry that you missed out and had to pay $40 to some scalper, imo.

BTW, Is there a reason that Play-Asia hasn't be stocking Greninja lately? I guess that's the only Wave 4 I'm missing now.

LiK

are they out of Robin and Lucina? Gosh.

no restocks for them atm.

Better to be angry that you paid extra than be angry that you missed out and had to pay $40 to some scalper, imo.

BTW, Is there a reason that Play-Asia hasn't be stocking Greninja lately? I guess that's the only Wave 4 I'm missing now.

yea, which is why i'm on the fence cuz the stuff they have up I already own or not that in a rush for. all I really wanted day 1 was Ness and FEA.

shandy706

Did anyone get their Zavvi orders canceled?

I saw someone say they were canceling some.

Mine says processing, but they still haven't addressed my shipping info being fixed yet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Any news about GameStop getting more pre-orders available for Lucina, Robin, Pac-Man, &/or the Splatoon 3-pack? I've still got about $16 in credit and can get $10 in credit for either GameStop or Amazon.

The more days that go by the more that I think it's possible Amazon isn't getting wave 4, at least not at launch. I can't think of any other time that they've been this far behind other retailers in terms of having a product up for preorder.

CorvoSol

Hey on the topic of Play-Asia do they not let you pay prior to the actual item being in stock? Like there's no pay option under my order for Robin and Lucina.

Did anyone get their Zavvi orders canceled?

I saw someone say they were canceling some.

Mine says processing, but they still haven't addressed my shipping info being fixed yet.
Mine is still good but what do you mean by your shipping info being fixed? I noticed I had entered my house address twice but I wasn't sure how to go by fixing that. Should I just leave it as it is?

LiK

Hey on the topic of Play-Asia do they not let you pay prior to the actual item being in stock? Like there's no pay option under my order for Robin and Lucina.

didn't you already have payment options set up in your account during check out?

CorvoSol

they don't usually charge until shipping so I thought that was normal.

IDK. Marth's got an orange "Pre" but Robin and Lucina now have a purple "Soon" I don't know how this works. Beginning to really get sick of online stores freaking the fuck out.

IDK. Marth's got an orange "Pre" but Robin and Lucina now have a purple "Soon" I don't know how this works. Beginning to really get sick of online stores freaking the fuck out.

pre-order pretty much means shipment will be incoming. soon means, they hope to know how many they can offer for pre-order. once they know, it will go up for purchase

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Any news about GameStop getting more pre-orders available for Lucina, Robin, Pac-Man, &/or the Splatoon 3-pack? I've still got about $16 in credit and can get $10 in credit for either GameStop or Amazon.
Nope. Latest rumor is Amazon pre-orders go up April 17th, so one week from now.

shandy706

Mine is still good but what do you mean by your shipping info being fixed? I noticed I had entered my house address twice but I wasn't sure how to go by fixing that. Should I just leave it as it is?

I have no idea. I mean they SHOULD be able to ship it to my house with what I entered, lol. I didn't enter anything incorrectly (numbers/letters wise), but like you the info looks jumbled, with the house address twice and it has the "COUNTY" on there...which doesn't even matter in US mail. There was no spot for the "STATE" although zip-code would tell you that. It just looks goofy on the "address" page.

The part I'm worried about is it clashing with confirming my card payment. That's my worry. Hopefully it wont' cause a problem.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nope. Latest rumor is Amazon pre-orders go up April 17th, so one week from now.
Oh well, at least I can get free shipping if I get Splatoon 3-Pack & then Robin &/or Lucina, plus I can still get credit for Amazon via Bing Rewards & Swagbucks.

Plus it's on a day I don't have class, so hopefully the rumor is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom