• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

avens

Neo Member
Just order what you want in Play-Asia and stop being salty about the matter :p

(Then pay an extra to scalpers for that Jigglypuff).

este-692x1024.jpg

Amazing.

Damian.

Banned
Probably something to do with NOA sucks too much of whatever is inside that package? That's my best guess.

BTW, Nintendo fucking sucks for this whole Amiibo fiasco in America.

MADGAME

Can someone explain the Esteban joke?

Esteban joke:

Earlier this week, a Redditor posted a screenshot of a live-chat with an agent named Esteban. In this chat, Esteban revealed that wave 4 preorders would go up on Amazon on Thursday, April 9th at noon CST. Then another Amazon screenshot surfaced of another rep saying the same thing, which further corroborated Esteban's original date/time. This rumor spread and gained "rumor credibility", even here on GAF with thousands mashing F5 on Amazon yesterday. The Amiibos obviously did not go up for preorder and a few hours later, Amazon Video Games tweeted a picture of the desk rooster with the caption "Meet Esteban"

Andddddddddd just preorder Splatoon Inkling Boy and Girl off Amazon.de and the Squid off of Amazon.co jp. My friend is selling me a Lucina and Robin Nib. And I have a JP Pit, Zard, Ike and Dedede from Playasia. That's as good as my amiibo hunting will get.

My next hunt will be the ridiculous amount of Animal Crossing cards and one yarn Yoshi. :)

AdanVC

I laugh a lot everytime NoA tweets something because 90% of replies are about amiibo. Literally NoA can announce Zelda U will release tomorrow and still people will only tweet about amiibo. The thirst is real and getting out of control. It's good NoA will never do something about it (ya' I lost hope) because it's very fun to read those salty tweets.

Gameboy415

Wish NA stock would step up its game. I'd love to have a yarn preorder (preferably the pack-in with the game), but Amazon doesn't even have their placeholders up yet.

Agreed, but I don't think US pre-orders will be going up for quite a while considering the game (and Yarn Yoshi amiibo series) isn't scheduled to release until this fall.

Assuming they stick to the announced release schedule/pattern in the US, I'm thinking we'll see Wave 5 pre-orders open up in early June, Wave 6 pre-orders open up in late-July/early-August, and the Yarn Yoshi series go up about a month before the game launches in fall.

Since Gamestop is holding my Ike hostage, I ended up pre-ordering him and Shulk off Play-Asia, though I used some of my store credit to cover the cost of expedited shipping.

/sighs

Joei

Esteban joke:

Earlier this week, a Redditor posted a screenshot of a live-chat with an agent named Esteban. In this chat, Esteban revealed that wave 4 preorders would go up on Amazon on Thursday, April 9th at noon CST. Then another Amazon screenshot surfaced of another rep saying the same thing, which further corroborated Esteban's original date/time. This rumor spread and gained "rumor credibility", even here on GAF with thousands mashing F5 on Amazon yesterday. The Amiibos obviously did not go up for preorder and a few hours later, Amazon Video Games tweeted a picture of the desk rooster with the caption "Meet Esteban"

I don't know why, but I find this hilarious. Amazon is trolling NA Amiibros.

kirby_fox

Banned
So I was curious Amiibo-GAF. I had this idea since a lot of us are importing and spending more than MSRP on these figures.

What if Nintendo came out and released "Amiibo Premium" figures? How it would work is similar to the figma figures where you can order them up until a certain date and be guaranteed one. They would be slightly higher quality than the ones we have now, but would cost upwards of $50 and range in price. They would also have the exact some pose and function as the current amiibo line- but more detailed and probably a little bigger. If you're on a line from amiibo to figma, it's not in the middle but it's slightly higher than amiibo and not at the half mark.

How many of you paying $50+ for these regular amiibo would jump on the premium line instead? This would probably also deter scalpers, because instead of having to pay $60 on ebay you could give $60 to Nintendo for a better product up until a certain date.

I know if I had that kind of money I'd be doing that instead. Importing Villager and Marth was more than I wanted to spend on these things, if I could've spent more to get a nicer looking Villager and Marth- I'd be down for it.

RootCause

So I was curious Amiibo-GAF. I had this idea since a lot of us are importing and spending more than MSRP on these figures.

What if Nintendo came out and released "Amiibo Premium" figures? How it would work is similar to the figma figures where you can order them up until a certain date and be guaranteed one. They would be slightly higher quality than the ones we have now, but would cost upwards of $50 and range in price. They would also have the exact some pose and function as the current amiibo line- but more detailed and probably a little bigger. If you're on a line from amiibo to figma, it's not in the middle but it's slightly higher than amiibo and not at the half mark.

How many of you paying $50+ for these regular amiibo would jump on the premium line instead? This would probably also deter scalpers, because instead of having to pay $60 on ebay you could give $60 to Nintendo for a better product up until a certain date.

I know if I had that kind of money I'd be doing that instead. Importing Villager and Marth was more than I wanted to spend on these things, if I could've spent more to get a nicer looking Villager and Marth- I'd be down for it.
Part of the reason I love Amiibo is the price range. Not paying more than $40 for any figurine, but that's just me.
I do love how great the fig a look. It's just st hard for me, I could buy something that I would actually use, and not just put it on a shelf.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully now that the thread has been moved off the main page things can quiet down and get back to where it was between waves.

Also getting into LINE is real hard. Diggeh and CH4OS must be getting slammed

Yeah, if I haven't responded to your PMs yet it's not because I hate you! Super busy with all the crazy thread stuff and whatnot. I'll get to you eventually! :(

A lot of the PMs I got were from lurkers who just wanted in for alerts.

Opened my Mario today. It really exemplifies what I think an amiibo would/should be. He's solid and just the right size and weight. Here's an updated picture of my open amiibo collection.

axEeMbR.jpg

I'm highly anticipating Ganondorf to sit between Link and Zelda, Falco to sit by Fox, and Charizard, Mewtwo, Ness and Lucas to round out my display. I have a feeling I'll be opening more and crafting small wall-mounted display shelves if I get a raise/promotion at work in the next couple months.

Cappa

Banned
Yeah, if I haven't responded to your PMs yet it's not because I hate you! Super busy with all the crazy thread stuff and whatnot. I'll get to you eventually! :(

I'm no lurker sir.

That gaming website that no one likes on NeoGaf has an article about Esteban in case anyone has no fucking clue who he is. :)

http://kotaku.com/amiibo-has-a-false-prophet-and-his-name-is-esteban-1697018954
Edit: Also I'm internet famous

prateeko

No, I wasn't trying to be rude. I get that you're both busy and while I'm not a lurker, I just can't check GAF a ton at work so LINE would be a god send. I think the move to community will help too

At that price point, they should just have Good Smile make figmas and Nendos for each character and put an nfc chip in the stand for an additional 10 on top of the Figma price.

Lucina Figma is about 65 USD with posability, alternate options and looks leagues ahead of amiibo. My D-arts charizard has full tail joints, posable wings and all sorts of other little joins and I only paid about $40 for it. Add the nfc chip and I'd have no problem paying $50.

I could find myself paying 50 for a single amiibo. Hell 50 with shipping for the two splats is cutting it close

If anyone got Blue Yarn Yoshi, Green Yarn Yoshi, Greninja or Jigglypuff from Amazon Germany earlier today, please PM me if you want to trade any to secure any Wave 4 amiibo.

Jomjom

Banned
I love Gamestop! Just got called by a amazingly nice woman from corporate who said she read my feedback that I was disappointed that I waited and couldn't get any preorders on preorder day (I wasn't at all mean or impolite in my feedback, stating that the employees were all great and tried their best given the circumstances). She asked if I would like to preorder the entire wave! Now I just need to figure out how to get a greninja!

I love Gamestop! Just got called by a amazingly nice woman from corporate who said she read my feedback that I was disappointed that I waited and couldn't get any preorders on preorder day (I wasn't at all mean or impolite in my feedback, stating that the employees were all great and tried their best given the circumstances). She asked if I would like to preorder the entire wave! Now I just need to figure out how to get a greninja!

This is bullshit, no offense. I was second in line, waited two hours before they went live, and their slow ass system made me miss out on THREE of the six characters. I complained formally when I took the survey, but have yet to hear anything about it. I also called CS last Saturday and they didn't really offer me any consolation at all. This isn't right.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
This is bullshit, no offense. I was second in line, waited two hours before they went live, and their slow ass system made me miss out on THREE of the six characters. I complained formally when I took the survey, but have yet to hear anything about it. I also called CS last Saturday and they didn't really offer me any consolation at all. This isn't right.

What did CS tell you exactly? What did you tell them? I had a different issue myself, and they allowed me to pre-order Robin and Lucina saying they were "still available". Sounds like they might be holding onto stock from those ghost orders to offer to people who got screwed by the servers.

Still waiting on a response to that thing I sent you ;)

Opened my Mario today. It really exemplifies what I think an amiibo would/should be. He's solid and just the right size and weight. Here's an updated picture of my open amiibo collection.

axEeMbR.jpg

I'm highly anticipating Ganondorf to sit between Link and Zelda, Falco to sit by Fox, and Charizard, Mewtwo, Ness and Lucas to round out my display. I have a feeling I'll be opening more and crafting small wall-mounted display shelves if I get a raise/promotion at work in the next couple months.

That Wii Sensor bar Amiibo.

What did CS tell you exactly? What did you tell them? I had a different issue myself, and they allowed me to pre-order Robin and Lucina saying they were "still available". Sounds like they might be holding onto stock from those ghost orders to offer to people who got screwed by the servers.

I told them basically just that, and they said they didn't know what was going to happen with the Amiibo pre-orders. I was very nice all the while, and in the survey, I made sure to give props to the workers who were doing everything they can to make sure we got what we wanted. I told them to contact me about my complaints in the survey, but haven't heard from anyone yet. Obviously there's no way they can offer pre-order opportunities for everyone who complains, so I'm sure even if they do get back to me, it'll be too late by that point. Maybe I'll luck out and they'll offer priority pre-order opportunities for future waves or something.

RootCause

They might've done right by you, but a lot of people were left in the cold.
I'm just glad I was able to get four of the six at GS. Currently hunting the last three, Greninja, Robin, and Lucina.

Jomjom

Banned
I told them basically just that, and they said they didn't know what was going to happen with the Amiibo pre-orders. I was very nice all the while, and in the survey, I made sure to give props to the workers who were doing everything they can to make sure we got what we wanted. I told them to contact me about my complaints in the survey, but haven't heard from anyone yet. Obviously there's no way they can offer pre-order opportunities for everyone who complains, so I'm sure even if they do get back to me, it'll be too late by that point. Maybe I'll luck out and they'll offer priority pre-order opportunities for future waves or something.

The representative told me that they are still contacting people. She said she personally gets all the feedback and had about 2,000 to get through.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Seeing as how tied up the phone lines have been there lately, I doubt they have been able to contact too many people back. I also had more firepower as well, being on hold for 2 hours just to be hung up on. So yeah I dunno, since wording is an important thing when calling CS. I also made sure to mention the ghost orders and that others online were able to receive some by calling. Gotta give it all you've got, especially depending on the person you speak to.

I didn't realize the thread had been moved to Community! I thought it was weird that I hadn't seen it on the front page for the past day or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom