• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
My friend who works at the mall texted me saying there's a guy sitting outside the Gamestop waiting for the preorders to open.

Ship to store is some bullshit.

If I'm a Canadian and order ship to store for an American friend to pick up, will there be issues?

Will he have some shit to deal with since my name is not his name? How does ship to store work in that regard? Can I specify he'll pick it up?

Thanks for verifying! I was gona do the same. Wonder if my GS has a line already

Oh yeah I'm assuming youre Pacific time zone?
Yeah I'm PT. I'm thinking about driving by and seeing if there's a line lol To be honest, getting a web in store pre order should be a lot easier than an online one though

Gartooth

My friend who works at the mall texted me saying there's a guy sitting outside the Gamestop waiting for the preorders to open.

Fucking hell what's the point, no way I can do that today. :(

Going to have to be vigilant tonight and tomorrow for Ness and relying on Amazon for the others.

Boogiepop

Man, why does this keep spiraling worse? Like, of the last wave of exclusives, at least all of those but Rosalina had a decent lifespan on being able to preorder, but I feel like with these it's going to be "you have to be at the computer and ready to order right when it goes up." This crap is seriously draining.

Crom

Man, why does this keep spiraling worse? Like, of the last wave of exclusives, at least all of those but Rosalina had a decent lifespan on being able to preorder, but I feel like with these it's going to be "you have to be at the computer and ready to order right when it goes up." This crap is seriously draining.

Rosalina was also Target. I just think that Target is terrible at handling preorders. They probably only allocate a tiny bit for online and then the rest stores?

rjinaz

OK OK OK, just want to get one thing straight here. Essentially what is going to happen is that Gamestop does preorders in stores at 3 EST, and then they will put up pages online at an unspecified later time. The note made it sound like though that by going in store you get the first pick, so I'm kind of worried if they will never go up online at all if they sell out in stores.

Usually that's not how it works. They usually have separate allocations for online and for stores. I seriously doubt what happens at stores will effect online ordering. But then we are talking about amiibo here so always expect the worse especially for store exclusives.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Its literally just all 6 amiibos in one package, there is no discount. Maybe it helps logistics though, since they can pre-prepare a large number of 6 packs.

I know, but it takes away the frustration of hunting.

Velcro Fly

Lucario was up for 30 minutes in the middle of the night and then randomly a few other times for a short amount of time.

I seriously woke up for work one morning and preorders were open and that's how I got one, otherwise I'd be in the same boat I am with Rosalina.

Bog

Junior Ace
Time Amiibo Preorders were up:

Rosalina: 1-2 minutes about 3 or 4 times at 3:30AM for a total of 6-8 minutes
Jigglypuff: 6 minutes
Ness: probably 6 minutes or less.

Completely untrue about Rosalina. Each time was roughly 20 minutes, including nearly an hour ON release day.

//ARCANUM

oh man, best buy would be perfect since I have GCU.

anyone have a link to this gamestop bundle y'all have been talking about? or is it just an assumed bundle?

Chaos17

splatoon-amiibo-6.jpg
http://nintendoeverything.com/more-splatoon-amiibo-images/?pid=79929

http://nintendoeverything.com/more-splatoon-amiibo-images/?pid=79920

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom