• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labrys

so 2 CST is 1 Mountain time, I'd only be at work 1 hour by then and my breaks are usually at 2-3, fuck my life

im so frustrated

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
as if there was any doubt, as there seems to be

CBmb_hIWEAAfWYX.jpg:large

from here: https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/583669157922758658

That bundle looks like the best deal.

as if there was any doubt, as there seems to be

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBmb_hIWEAAfWYX.jpg:large[img]

from here: [url]https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/583669157922758658[/url][/QUOTE]

Well there's that. Online will not be going up at the same time as store orders.

This shit is seriously a scare tactic to get people into stores and nothing more.

I don't have a Target near me so I'm out of luck. I even had an alert from CAG and instantly attempted to order it and still didn't get it. My run of a complete US set of Amiibos is looking shaky.

Seriously considering selling off my entire collection. It's no longer worth it and no longer enjoyable so not sure I can justify continuing the collection.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
There is no discount with it though. It is the same price as separate. If they are allocating more Ness SKUs for the bundle, I may have to cave.

But it would guarantee a Robin and Lucina, which I'm not sure others could do.

Gartooth

That bundle looks like the best deal.

Well if every Amiibo figure is $12.99 then buying six of them is $77.94 so it doesn't seem like a deal at all. I'd still get it though since it is probably more convenient to have all 6 as one "item" for the sake of ordering.

SalvaPot

Ok, before anyone panics remember than Nintendo said that the amount of amiibo they make depend on how many retailers order, and GS ordered a LOT of Shulks, since that was up for a long time and even is getting a reprint they sold on the first launch. GameStop seems aware of how much people are hungry of Ness, so they are going to try and sell as many as they can and I am expecting a good amount of amiibo up for preorder.

Nori Chan

Want these SO hard... I will leave them in the box too. As long as the boxes are not smashed to shit. :/

I get torn because part of me says I need to stop collecting the SSB amiibos for my own sanity. But then they work on other games. Or I genuinely like those characters. And then I'm just like... fuck. Then what's the point of getting rid of the couple of other ones I just care slightly less about? May as well keep them all.

*sigh*
I open mines up and keep them in the box, but this one I will actually take out of the box and dump.

These are too precious to keep in the box ;__;

Labrys

so 2 CST is 1 Mountain time, I'd only be at work 1 hour by then and my breaks are usually at 2-3, fuck my life

im so frustrated

oh my god i love my boyfriend he's going to go out at 2 CST his time and preorder me one
okay now i just have to worry about lucina and robin. and i don't have to trade away my ike or dedede for one

RootCause

I don't have a Target near me so I'm out of luck. I even had an alert from CAG and instantly attempted to order it and still didn't get it. My run of a complete US set of Amiibos is looking shaky.

Seriously considering selling off my entire collection. It's no longer worth it and no longer enjoyable so not sure I can justify continuing the collection.
My streak ended with Rosalina. Had to pick her up from EU. Not a real issue for me, but a real let down for those going for region set.

Are people still offering Gold Mario for trades?
It's the only one that I'm missing from the released batch.

Tanukid

Ok, before anyone panics remember than Nintendo said that the amount of amiibo they make depend on how many retailers order, and GS ordered a LOT of Shulks, since that was up for a long time and even is getting a reprint they sold on the first launch. GameStop seems aware of how much people are hungry of Ness, so they are going to try and sell as many as they can and I am expecting a good amount of amiibo up for preorder.

True. Hopefully it's the same case with Ness. Gamestop wants to hold a few over for their expensive bundles of course. :/

Man when Amiibos were announced I did not envision this nightmare.

ditto. I'm still kicking myself for ignoring the captain falcon amiibo at target that i saw a few months ago. There were like 6 of them too and this was around 10pm when i was just browsing the game section after work.

This whole situation is disheartening. I just want to get my favorite characters. Recolors should be exclusive to retailers, not the actual figures.
Agreed.
Also the limited numbers seem to be from the Nintendo's crap output and not really from the strike. The Amiibos out at sea are probably 1 million Peach.

Nori Chan

I'll just probably buy the bundle at gamestop to be safe. I doubt they'll sell out of it too since they're up for pre orders and won't have a limit to how many of them can be pre order since they stock on pre orders. That's good at least.

Drago

Target already charged me $19 for the Jigglypuff, am I going to get that money back or do they take the money as soon as you preorder? I don't really care if they charge me early I'm just curious

Gartooth

OK OK OK, just want to get one thing straight here. Essentially what is going to happen is that Gamestop does preorders in stores at 3 EST, and then they will put up pages online at an unspecified later time. The note made it sound like though that by going in store you get the first pick, so I'm kind of worried if they will never go up online at all if they sell out in stores.

I'll just probably buy the bundle at gamestop to be safe. I doubt they'll sell out of it too since they're up for pre orders and won't have a limit to how many of them can be pre order since they stock on pre orders. That's good at least.
I think the allocation will be 90% bundle, 10% individual.

TheGrue

It was going to be bad enough that I had to pre-order online at Gamestop the exact moment I had an appointment to get my taxes done. But having to go to the store means my chances just went down. Or maybe up if you basically have to be present to order one? Hopefully they limit to one per customer and when I get there an hour later they will still be there. I'd hate to have to pay more than MSRP for an amiibo when I haven't had to yet.

Target already charged me $19 for the Jigglypuff, am I going to get that money back or do they take the money as soon as you preorder? I don't really care if they charge me early I'm just curious
I think both Target and Walmart do not charge until they ship.

On the other hand, this is Ness, and we are lucky that they didn't just make 10 of them.

It's a confirmation process. It'll disappear in the next couple of days.

The funs not even over guys. After today we get to worry about Greninja from TRU tomorrow!

My streak ended with Rosalina. Had to pick her up from EU. Not a real issue for me, but a real let down for those going for region set.

The only thing that keeps me in it at the moment is my 5 year old daughter LOVES them. She wants all of them and gets excited whenever one arrives in the mail or she see's a new one in a Nintendo Direct, commercial or online. I'm still holding out hope that jigglypuff goes back up and I can get one.

I've already decided that after the Smash series I'm calling it quits, other than a few that I may want.

Ha. I'm not going to go to a Gamestop to wait in a line.

Amazon Prime and Best Buy GCU have way better prices anyway.

Oh... Wait... Ness...

maybe I will go to a Gamestop.

dodgeme

Honestly I don't even know why I'm collecting these things.

Bought a gold Mario and it hooked me in to the hype of trying to get these things. Can't wait for May 29th.

zulux21

I still see them pop up on the buy sell trade thread from time to time.

I have two I eventually plan on trading, but I am waiting to see if marth/ike get restocked with the wave 4 preorders as those are the main two I am after. (beyond that I have been waiting for the weather to get better since I would have to walk to the post office :p)

I'm not going after everything, just the FE and zelda characters. though I might add the KI characters soon with the new wave added, plus my wife likes pit.

I do wish I had someone locally (near madison wi) that collected these things

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Ugggg I'm stuck for like 7 hours and can't pre-order until then. They won't sell out by 7PM PST right? RIIIIIGHT????

Velcro Fly

On the bright side my local GameStop is awesome so I shouldn't have any problems getting a preorder. The only problem I can see is if I go in to preorder and they have no idea what I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom