• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...to cheer everybody up ;_;

P9Hcd5c.jpg

I wounder if it is plastic made to look like yarn, or actually some kind of fabric.

Velcro Fly

Well if I can get Ness and the non exclusives today won't be a total loss.

It would be awful if I wasn't on spring break though. Instead of 1-2 I might not get it would have been 6 or 7.

In the meantime I get to play Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and catch all the legendary pokemon I can while I wait :D

dodgeme

Sitting in class not paying any attention waiting for these pre orders to go up. Gotta have ness lucina and robin. So glad I got jigglypuff. If I get them then I gotta get lucky with the Marth restock and I'll have all the fire emblem amiibos.

Samaritan

What exactly is Web-in-Store?

Basically you go into a GameStop and they do an online order in-store. You have to pay up-front in full, and the item is shipped to you and not the store, but because you're paying all at once, you're pretty much guaranteed to get it since they're allocating stock for your order the minute it goes through.

Meeps

My coworker and I were both refreshing the mobile and desktop Target sites in multiple browsers while it was up and only got errors. That was fun.

LiK

You mean they'll open more preorders at few more times before launch at completely arbitrary times, without warning and only in batches of 100.

As long as I get a preorder in at launch again, not a biggie. Glad I don't care for Pokemon amiibos as much.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I called my friend back home that is a DM for Gamestop and he verified with me this is the case. They may very well never go online, as its the same stock pool. If they do, expect them to be gone at the snap of a finger.

That's... at odds with the way it's always been.
WIS and online store are different allocations.

Is the gamestop online pre order still taking place at 12 noon pacific time? Or do I have to go tomorrow in store and pre order them all? (The closest gamestop to me is in a area hardly anyone goes to so its pretty much deserted all the time) anyone have a link to exactly where on gamestops site the pre orders will be available

Gartooth

So Gamestop isn't doing ANY online orders for Wave 4... and even if they are they won't be available at 3? Am I understanding this right?

I don't care that I have to go in-store to pre-order, I just really hate that it's using their stupid web in-store system. I don't want to have to pay completely up front.

That's... at odds with the way it's always been.
WIS and online store are different allocations.

Hmmmm...
I'm only going off what i've seen mentioned by him and some others around places. Its not 100% about the "same pool" stock, but the online orders not going live til after WIS is 100% true.

Kalyst

Neo Member
Soooo before I take my lunch today-

The preorders are going up at what time PST? I was hearing 12 PM...but has that changed? If anyone knows or has a link that would be great (the Twitter iirc was listing CST not PST?)

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care that I have to go in-store to pre-order, I just really hate that it's using their stupid web in-store system. I don't want to have to pay completely up front.
I'd prefer to have it paid off now, but I hate that it's in-store since I'm on a call until 2:00 pm. lol.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Glad the only ones I really want from this point out are probably commons (Wario, Charizard, Pac Man, Ganondorf, Bowser Jr).

I'd prefer to have it paid off now, but I hate that it's in-store since I'm on a call until 2:00 pm. lol.

I actually add Amiibo costs into my budget each month, but I budget for when they release, not for when pre-orders go up, so having to pay now completely screws me up lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom