• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

I love Gamestop! Just got called by a amazingly nice woman from corporate who said she read my feedback that I was disappointed that I waited and couldn't get any preorders on preorder day (I wasn't at all mean or impolite in my feedback, stating that the employees were all great and tried their best given the circumstances). She asked if I would like to preorder the entire wave! Now I just need to figure out how to get a greninja!

lol, this is only going to make more people mad.

it's bullshit that people first in line couldnt preorder what they wanted because of the shit system, plus Gamestop was pulling orders from their entire company wide stock instead of store allotments. Now they're giving random people they contact about a survey crack at them again.

gamestop is great.

LegendX48

sorry misread you. they never went up

tumblr_mj82a6Uj971r1ilogo1_400.gif

oh, scared me for a moment there lol

lol, this is only going to make more people mad.

it's bullshit that people first in line couldnt preorder what they wanted because of the shit system, plus Gamestop was pulling orders from their entire company wide stock instead of store allotments. Now they're giving random people they contact about a survey crack at them again.

gamestop is great.
I'm pretty pissed off about it, that's for sure. It's not a fair way to handle the problem at all.

weevles

I told them basically just that, and they said they didn't know what was going to happen with the Amiibo pre-orders. I was very nice all the while, and in the survey, I made sure to give props to the workers who were doing everything they can to make sure we got what we wanted. I told them to contact me about my complaints in the survey, but haven't heard from anyone yet. Obviously there's no way they can offer pre-order opportunities for everyone who complains, so I'm sure even if they do get back to me, it'll be too late by that point. Maybe I'll luck out and they'll offer priority pre-order opportunities for future waves or something.

That's nice to hear and great for you but what about everyone else? :p

Yeah, if I haven't responded to your PMs yet it's not because I hate you! Super busy with all the crazy thread stuff and whatnot. I'll get to you eventually! :(

A lot of the PMs I got were from lurkers who just wanted in for alerts.

I don't mean to be a lurker, but I honestly have nothing to contribute to this thread. If I find that a preorder goes up before anyone else sees it, I will post it.

BUT,i have a job and family, and can't/won't waste my free time F5'ing.

Only looking for Ness and the Splatoon 3-pk for my son.

kirby_fox

Banned
So uh...Target trolling again.

Just got an email saying "You're so close! Come finish checking out!"

Open up the email and there's Jigglypuff. I would be so mad if I hadn't already gotten one.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So uh...Target trolling again.

Just got an email saying "You're so close! Come finish checking out!"

Open up the email and there's Jigglypuff. I would be so mad if I hadn't already gotten one.

I'm still trying to add mine to cart, just for that chance that it MIGHT actually go up again!

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
What amazes me more about it is that it was just a $10 upgrade over the normal game to get him, and is bigger/looks better then any amiibo.

Eh, I think some amiibos look better. Plus amiibos have NFC which adds to the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom