• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
16916807589_303e0f66e6_n.jpg" width="240" height="320" alt="IMG_0010-1

I finally got a Mega Man Amiibo! The sculpt is spectacular, and looks great next to my Sonic considering their comic crossover coming soon. He has to be my favorite Amiibo so far.

So what is your favorite Amiibo you own and why?

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Pre orders for wave 4 opened up back in mid january. Ness, Robin and lucina have been out of stock since then.

pac man charzaird and wario are occasionally seen backc up but not the others.

yeeeeeeeah, there are other sites other than amazon. So your statement is still false :D.

There is always hope outside of the US!

Jawmuncher

I finally got a Mega Man Amiibo! The sculpt is spectacular, and looks great next to my Sonic considering their comic crossover coming soon. He has to be my favorite Amiibo so far.

I really like Shulk. Really all of the sword based guys are my favorite. They all look pretty cool side by side.

Why was this not an Amiibo???

61yXVrTrXxL._SL1060_.jpg

Wave 3 of Jakks Pacific's World of Nintendo figure line is going to have a 6" Skull Kid. It's supposed to be out in July and the MSRP on the deluxe 6" line is only $14.99. It should be a decent alternative to an amiibo/MM3D limited edition statue/japanese import. I have the 6" Bowser from wave 1 and it's pretty awesome, especially for the price.

shandy706

I hope they are making a TON of those Yoshis. My daughter was looking at them and we both have to have a set.

(This is going to suck isn't it....)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I hope they are making a TON of those Yoshis. My daughter was looking at them and we both have to have a set.

(This is going to suck isn't it....)
I imagine/hope that since Yoshi is rather well known & one of the more common amiibo, they shouldn't be TOO bad to find. Maybe harder to find the other two colors, but green might be the most common.

Wave 3 of Jakks Pacific's World of Nintendo figure line is going to have a 6" Skull Kid. It's supposed to be out in July and the MSRP on the deluxe 6" line is only $14.99. It should be a decent alternative to an amiibo/MM3D limited edition statue/japanese import. I have the 6" Bowser from wave 1 and it's pretty awesome, especially for the price.

Nice! Thanks for letting us know. I have the bowser 6" too. Love it.

Regiruler

I only own captain falcon currently.
So captain falcon.

I've seen a bunch of folks on the B/S/T thread selling these for about $80. Which aint bad at all considering it was $50.

I paid $100 for mine and then immediately started seeing a bunch in the B/S/T thread for $80. And most of them were in better condition too! It pays to wait sometimes. Oh well. Live and learn.

King DeDeDe because he looks like an asshole and he's sturdy as fuck.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

I agree Mega Man looks awesome.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I've just been bored lately and when I'm idle, I just refresh AmiiboGAF. I must be bored these days or just trying to tie myself over when I should be doing productive things...

The fiasco that was wave 4 has made me not care. An obsessive toy collector not care about this anymore.

Wow, Nintendo. Even Hasbro's shitty early run of Marvel Legends didn't keep me away.

I'm sure I'll find most, if not all (except exclusives) in stores. Baffling to me I can get a Gold Mario, Marth, Villager, two Lil Mac's with ease and not any of these exclusives.

I'm 34, I'm not getting up ass early to get a Jigglypuff either. You kids enjoy, where is my mush!?

Vena

The fiasco that was wave 4 has made me not care. An obsessive toy collector not care about this anymore.

Wow, Nintendo. Even Hasbro's shitty early run of Marvel Legends didn't keep me away.

I'm sure I'll find most, if not all (except exclusives) in stores. Baffling to me I can get a Gold Mario, Marth, Villager, two Lil Mac's with ease and not any of these exclusives.

I'm 34, I'm not getting up ass early to get a Jigglypuff either. You kids enjoy, where is my mush!?

As I said before, I never got on this train and have been building a collection very casually and I've found just about everything I've wanted eventually without paying a single scalper.

So its been a bit weird for me to hear about the craze, lol.

I'm 35. Suck it up.

Fox Mulder

I felt like an asshole just lining up at gamestop for ness.

It's funny looking back at the jakks pacific world of Nintendo toys I was interested in. Same bullshit before amiibo came out and I walked away from it.

dcx4610

Decided to go to Amiibo hunting today just to see what was out there. After 10+ stores, I found nothing of interest unfortunately. Toys R Us by far had the best stock with a full wall devoted to Amiibo. Lots of Sonics and Mega Mans.

I guess it's time to give up on Pit and Little Mac until the re-issues.

Anime

Neo Member
Target opens at 8 AM on Fridays. I'd hardly call that "ass early", especially if you're 34.

Chances are he might have to wake up earlier to get a good place in line otherwise he could kiss his chances at jigglypuff goodbye.

Although this all strictly relies on his Target location and store traffic that day.

Vylash

As I said before, I never got on this train and have been building a collection very casually and I've found just about everything I've wanted eventually without paying a single scalper.

So its been a bit weird for me to hear about the craze, lol.

yup, i have to get up a little early to go to stores but other than that i've had no problems

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
People lined up at 5am for Rosalina. So 8am won't get me shit.

I lined up around 7:20 to mine, and there were about 5 people in front of me (I think 2 were brothers, so came together). One guy came at like 4am since he got screwed out of a Lucario by a scalper from a TRU :/ He was first in line.

I lined up around 7:20 to mine, and there were about 5 people in front of me (I think 2 were brothers, so came together). One guy came at like 4am since he got screwed out of a Lucario by a scalper from a TRU :/ He was first in line.

My target has 3-4 scalpers I recognize. I usually have to beat them to anything I'm intersected in. Lego, Marvel or Star Wars figs and even Amiibo. Then I see them sell them on Craigslist or this toy group on FB.
Kind of a bummer.

Josh5890

People lined up at 5am for Rosalina. So 8am won't get me shit.

I showed up at 7:50 and I was 4th in line. I also happen to live in Chicago and we were in the middle of a tough blizzard with heart attack snow falling. I barely got out of my drive way. I wish I had video to show amiibogaf. It was kind of embarrassing.

Anyway I'm shooting to show up around 6:30 on the 29th.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
My target has 3-4 scalpers I recognize. I usually have to beat them to anything I'm intersected in. Lego, Marvel or Star Wars figs and even Amiibo. Then I see them sell them on Craigslist or this toy group on FB.
Kind of a bummer.

At my job about a week ago, a customer bought like 10 Star Wars figures. They weren't on sale and he showed my a receipt from another store where some were on sale and he got like 10 there too. We couldn't price match (I guess different toy lines, so they didn't match) but he mentioned about the ones he did pick out to buy that they were "more rare". I'm guessing when you spend close to $100 on the same Storm Troopers, you either want a huge Storm Trooper army, or you're scalping them. Pretty sure he was scalping them with his "rare" comment, and I felt dirty for serving him :p

zulux21

At my job about a week ago, a customer bought like 10 Star Wars figures. They weren't on sale and he showed my a receipt from another store where some were on sale and he got like 10 there too. We couldn't price match (I guess different toy lines, so they didn't match) but he mentioned about the ones he did pick out to buy that they were "more rare". I'm guessing when you spend close to $100 on the same Storm Troopers, you either want a huge Storm Trooper army, or you're scalping them. Pretty sure he was scalping them with his "rare" comment, and I felt dirty for serving him :p

at my job I know like 5 of the scalpers by name. I often help them find stuff as their money is as good as anyone else's. Granted I work at a thrift store, so our goods are random (no chance of someone coming in later angry about us not having a certain item in stock), and the money is going to a good cause, so we in general don't care whose money we get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom