• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone amiibofy the second angle and turn it avatar sized, please?

gQNmY1D.png

Upps wrong angle but since it's already done... ;-)

DHY1j9k.png
mH4IMuy.png
78ju1zy.png

With Amiibo-base / Without Amiibo-base / Mirrored to 'look' at your posts

Bonus, and because I like this angle:
n9th5GR.png
uAn7G0b.png

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
at my job I know like 5 of the scalpers by name. I often help them find stuff as their money is as good as anyone else's. Granted I work at a thrift store, so our goods are random (no chance of someone coming in later angry about us not having a certain item in stock), and the money is going to a good cause, so we in general don't care whose money we get.

I get what you mean, but I personally always blame scalpers for never finding anything awesome myself at thrift stores :/ Not that it's the best place for finding games (you really need to venture out further to the more richer areas where they donate good quality stuff), but I've only ever found a couple good finds and that's been it. Not that I have time on my hands to go hunting all the time either. Half-Price books has also started pricing the more rare games higher too, so they are becoming more aware as well.

I guess there are always flea markets. I'm terrible at negotiating myself and only started going to them a few years ago, but fortunately I know someone who is good with making deals if I find something I want. They know how to play the game! Sadly even at the flea market the guys there know about which ones are rare too >_>

zulux21

I get what you mean, but I personally always blame scalpers for never finding anything awesome myself at thrift stores :/ Not that it's the best place for finding games (you really need to venture out further to the more richer areas where they donate good quality stuff), but I've only ever found a couple good finds and that's been it. Not that I have time on my hands to go hunting all the time either. Half-Price books has also started pricing the more rare games higher too, so they are becoming more aware as well.

I guess there are always flea markets. I'm terrible at negotiating myself and only started going to them a few years ago, but fortunately I know someone who is good with making deals if I find something I want. They know how to play the game! Sadly even at the flea market the guys there know about which ones are rare too >_>

I can get that feeling, but at the same time in general if it wasn't a scalper it would just be the first customer that knew what the item was. It would be nice if the goods always ended up with someone that really wanted it, but given the nature of a thrift store is so random we will take what ever sales we can get.

I haven't seen any amiibos at my store yet though. We do get skylanders at this point though from time to time.

Personally I have decent luck at garage sales in the richer neighborhood for finding treasures. I do have some luck at work but not as much as I would like most of the time... though garage sale season is coming up so my place should have more product in general. I will be sure to brag if someone donates some amiibos and I can buy them through work though lol.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Personally I have decent luck at garage sales in the richer neighborhood for finding treasures. I do have some luck at work but not as much as I would like most of the time... though garage sale season is coming up so my place should have more product in general. I will be sure to brag if someone donates some amiibos and I can buy them through work though lol.

I really should go to my yard/garage/neighborhood sales to dig around. My wants list is getting thinner and thinner (although I do add the odd game I forget about) and many of them left are the super rare/super lucky finds.

Still I have heard success stories! Someone from a Pokemon community once found a HUGE lot of authentic Pokemon plush at a garage sale, include some really rare/valuable giant plush! I also saw on Reddit yesterday that some guy found a MiP Little Mac for $7 (haggled down from $10, but c'mon they are already getting an awesome deal!)

BooJoh

Don't really get why this is in Community, as amiibo are still being released. Isn't that the point?

I think it's because this has basically become a long-lasting amiibo community thread discussing all things amiibo. Same reason the Nintendo Download threads are in Community despite constant new releases. People who are interested in the topic are probably subscribed to it anyway and people who aren't interested don't have to see it (along with other similar community topics) constantly bumped to the top of the Gaming section.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's because this has basically become a long-lasting amiibo community thread discussing all things amiibo. Same reason the Nintendo Download threads are in Community despite constant new releases. People who are interested in the topic are probably subscribed to it anyway and people who aren't interested don't have to see it (along with other similar community topics) constantly bumped to the top of the Gaming section.

Yeah, the community and topic has been huge for several iterations. I'm part of a few smaller communities, but since the amount of posts are not as frequent, those topics are allowed to be in the main gaming/off-topic forums, I'm guessing.

Shun

I kinda just want the MK8 costumes.

Anyone with a collection of amiibo, specifically Captain Falcon, in the Bay Area willing to meet somewhere and swap/scan amiibo for unlocks?

AdanVC

Damn if the inklings end up looking like those photos then they are gonna be the best looking amiibo. So detailed and colorful. Totally love the splats of ink on the base. In other news I want Ness so bad.

Cappa

Banned
Pre orders for wave 4 opened up back in mid january. Ness, Robin and lucina have been out of stock since then.

pac man charzaird and wario are occasionally seen backc up but not the others.
You grouped all of Europe which is false since preorders in spain never happened, yet.

People lined up at 5am for Rosalina. So 8am won't get me shit.

Maybe my area is just abnormally scalper-free, but I got to Target at 7:30 on release day and got one just fine. They had like 20 or so to go around, so everyone got one. Hell, I was even able to drive to another Target, walk in at 8:15, and buy another Rosalina off the shelf, with 2 or 3 left after that. And that store wasn't even doing a per customer limit.

Anime

Neo Member
Maybe my area is just abnormally scalper-free, but I got to Target at 7:30 on release day and got one just fine. They had like 20 or so to go around, so everyone got one. Hell, I was even able to drive to another Target, walk in at 8:15, and buy another Rosalina off the shelf, with 2 or 3 left after that. And that store wasn't even doing a per customer limit.

Yeah its definately area based i had to head out at 6 A.M. to get Rosalina, otherwise i would have been out of luck.

I have a feeling JigglyPuff will be worse for a variety of factors.

1.Warmer Weather meaning more people willing to wait/camp out.

2.Amiibo hype has gained traction since Wave 3 so more people will be interested in buying her.

3.Stock appears to be even lower than before, if Pre order inventory level is any indication release day will be pretty scarce.

4.1 per customer still not stantardized meaning even if you are early you can still be out of luck(Milage may vary with this one)

LAA

Don't if it's been known previously, but it seems to be confirmed only the yarn yoshi amiibo will have compatibility with yarn yoshi game.
http://www.nintendo.be/nl/Divers/amiibo/Figurenoverzicht/Figurenoverzicht-932319.html

It does confirm the yarn yoshi amiibo will be treated as a normal yoshi in other games though, but just not the other way round. Isn't that nice.

Really hope it's a trend that doesn't continue, otherwise the appeal for amiibo for me will be dropping.

Rocky

Banned
Yeah its definately area based i had to head out at 6 A.M. to get Rosalina, otherwise i would have been out of luck.

2.Amiibo hype has gained traction since Wave 3 so more people will be interested in buying her.

3.Stock appears to be even lower than before, if Pre order inventory level is any indication release day will be pretty scarce.

4.1 per customer still not stantardized meaning even if you are early you can still be out of luck(Milage may vary with this one)

The one thing that might give people a chance is that May 29 is a weekday, so people have work/school and might not be able to line up. Rosalina was released on a Sunday which made it easier to line up early.

Additionally, it seems Target isn't interested in doing anymore preorders online and is opting for releasing their Wave 4 stock, along with Jigglypuff, on May 29th so more people might show up just to get either Robin/ Lucina combo.

Am_I_Evil

Still says Coming Soon for me. I'm on mobile, tho.

looks to be done already

i went back immediately after trying to add again (just to add a few more other characters for free shipping, i would have cancelled the first, but it was already out)

if/when i get the 3 pack ordered i will most likely cancel this order...

i actually got this due to the nowinstock.com text alert...

Regiruler

Nowinstock is reasonably quick with the BB splatoon alerts. I still haven't gotten one though, and the triple pack remains out of stock.

When does wave 5 release in non-us countries, anyone order from pygehd, have you gotten your stuff or at least a tracking and how long do you have to dispute a PayPal transaction?

Tomita

Oh, GAF. The only amiibo I ever wanted was Ness, but the nearest Gamestop is an hour away from me. ): (35-40 min, then would have to take a bus...)

Now I am "settling" by trying to get my hands on a Lucina. Why can't I like a common, lol

Missed so much shit cause of school, so maybe now it's in community I won't have to miss out.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It be slow here this weekend! Stupid Jiggypuff is still "up". Why can't Target just turn off the button and stop teasing us :/ It's not nice.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guys, I purchased the wrong Mario Amiibo. I wanted the Super Mario Series one, but ordered the smash one by mistake
tears.gif

Probably a dumb question, but has there been any information on when we will be able to preorder the plush Yoshi amiibo? I'm not really an Amiibo collector, but I absolutely HAVE to get my hands on the pink one for my fiancée and really don't want to miss my chance to.

Probably a dumb question, but has there been any information on when we will be able to preorder the plush Yoshi amiibo? I'm not really an Amiibo collector, but I absolutely HAVE to get my hands on the pink one for my fiancée and really don't want to miss my chance to.

Assuming you're asking about North America, no, nothing yet.

Richie

Between all of the madness, it's easy to forget what these figures mean to kids who love the characters. Mod of a Facebook Amiibo group just posted this:

"We finally have the "birdie" my baby wanted so much"

Between all of the madness, it's easy to forget what these figures mean to kids who love the characters. Mod of a Facebook Amiibo group just posted this:

11070508_10153312589746579_6496966404284096993_n.jpg
That's probably like the only kid with a Dedede. I think I'd literally be shocked if a kid is able to get their hands on a Robin or Lucina.

they're all extremely defensive and/or borderline pacifists o_O
Pacifists? More like sadists. They don't do much at early levels but when they max out at 50 they show no mercy.

That's adorable. Looking at this makes you want to detest scalpers even more for robbing kids like her from getting the amiibo they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom