• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Well I wanted Wario regardless of rarity (I don't know why but I kind of like his character) but honestly not enough to sit around at night to order him.

I feel like there's some weird disconnect going on here amongst us buyers and Nintendo themselves and I almost wonder if they know or understand what is even going on.

Disconnect? Nintendo? Surely you jest!

tiijj

Well I wanted Wario regardless of rarity (I don't know why but I kind of like his character) but honestly not enough to sit around at night to order him.

I feel like there's some weird disconnect going on here amongst us buyers and Nintendo themselves and I almost wonder if they know or understand what is even going on.

You can also add what the buyers are kinda feeling. If it wasn't for the shortage I'm sure some wouldn't even buy Wario on release date (or even pre-order it). I guess buyers are like "if I dont pre-order this now, I won't be able to get it if I decided to get it in the future".

No problem! I can understand amiibo being super confusing, especially when you have to resort to ordering from overseas because everything sells out in minutes at 3 AM.

I just dont get why Nintendo didn't release both the EU and US amiibos at the same time..that is what is confusing to me. I figured Nintendo knew that people would be desperate and buy these things from wherever they can get their hands on them, so of course people from the US would buy them from the UK..at least I have these pre ordered, just need to get hold of Pac-Man that is the one I am missing, and Robin and Lucina if I am lucky enough to get them..would like Jigglypuff too but its not the end of the world..I just thought that maybe these amiibos require a patch in order to play them and that it would be better to use them on release day

Gwarf

Banned
I landed Lucina, Robin and the 3 pack today. I jumped on the site when people said they were sold out after missing the initial rush and they still went through.

Then people started talking about cancellations so I figured mine were oversold and would be cancelled. Still no cancellation email though!

Maybe ordering them together protected me against the Lucina cancellations?

Anime

Neo Member
Hey guys about what time did walmart put up wa ve 4 pre orders? luckily i wasnt reliant on them otherwise i would have a problem on my hands

Samurai Snake

Neo Member
I have an order for 2 Robins, 2 Lucinas and a 3 Pack to be paid with cash at the store. Can I somehow transfer that to someone else here? Would hate for it to go to waste.

I had mentioned earlier I'm banned from Walmart.com, but I tried the cash option and it went through in the morning.

Except I'm not driving to Long Island to pay for that shit. Also I don't like fully paying preorders.

Man, I'm just dying for Amazon to go up so I can actually secure these and relax.

I'll pay you for 1 Robin and 1 Lucina.

I have an order for 2 Robins, 2 Lucinas and a 3 Pack to be paid with cash at the store. Can I somehow transfer that to someone else here? Would hate for it to go to waste.

I had mentioned earlier I'm banned from Walmart.com, but I tried the cash option and it went through in the morning.

Except I'm not driving to Long Island to pay for that shit. Also I don't like fully paying preorders.

Man, I'm just dying for Amazon to go up so I can actually secure these and relax.

I'll take a Robin and Lucina!

Anime

Neo Member
Thanks for the replies guys! Lol i shoudlnt be suprised at this point, i find it funny how fast it sells out even during off peak hours

Those who stay still in the game even after stuff like this are truly dedicated hunters, most people would have dropped out at this rate.

NateDrake

If you are willing to sell your pre-orders, I'd be interested. However, I feel like you are saying you want someone in your general area to pay for the pre-order and to take care of everything.

Neoxon

I'll take Robin & Lucina if you're giving them away.

rjinaz

How do you get banned from walmart . Com

One way is fraud. Intentionally buying things new and returning them with one that was already broken. That sort of thing. Too many returns over all will get you banned as well. Another way is chargebacks.Amazon will ban people too for the same reasons.

Also Inkling Boy and Girl are also available to pre order, its been like that all day..I guess now we know who are the lone wolves, the ones that will be easy to find in stores on release day

It's been up nearly all day.
I figured as much (seeing as I was actually able to buy one)

It's strange that Splatoon (which realistically will probably not sell very well) is seemingly going to get a steady supply, but far more popular/in demand characters get nothing. Unless there's just way less people pre-ordering the Splatoon ones (which I kind of doubt, seeing as they sold out everywhere else...)

I personally wasn't gonna get them before, thought $34.99 was a bit much for an impulse buy, but ehh.....if there was an NA bundle with the game I'm sure I would've bought it

skaflone721

Neo Member
If you are willing to sell your pre-orders, I'd be interested. However, I feel like you are saying you want someone in your general area to pay for the pre-order and to take care of everything.

Yeah, to you and others that asked I was looking to get rid of the whole thing. I'm in NYC and it's a drag to get to Walmart in LI by tomorrow.

If I were to go, I'd keep one of each at least because I still need them, that's why Amazon is my lost hope.

And I got banned by the executive department. Someone from that department got into my account and made a bunch of gift card orders to random people. When I confronted them, they tried to play it off including the manager. When I went to my credit card company and told them what happened, they said that's considered fraud. When I told Walmart what the credit card company said, all of Walmart put me on block. I literally cannot reach anyone anymore.

I'm working with a local newspaper to get this out in the light.

I figured as much (seeing as I was actually able to buy one)

It's strange that Splatoon (which realistically will probably not sell very well) is seemingly going to get a steady supply, but far more popular/in demand characters get nothing. Unless there's just way less people pre-ordering the Splatoon ones (which I kind of doubt, seeing as they sold out everywhere else...)

I personally wasn't gonna get them before, thought $34.99 was a bit much for an impulse buy, but ehh.....if there was an NA bundle with the game I'm sure I would've bought it

I missed out on it last night(But tonight I will be staying up til 12:30AM I dont care what it takes) so I was surprised that I was able to get the Splatoon 3 pack this morning..but wario and pac-man were sold out..so now I have to hope that I can get hold of Pac-man, Lucina, or Robin from Amazon UK..the Inkling Boy and girl are also up for pre order I guess they are not as popular but most people would want the 3 pack since it comes with that extra amiibo and they all do different things with the Splatoon game

Walmart has an unusually higher stock of them. They went quick as normal on target, and did sell out before 6 at gamestop.

That's the strange thing. They didn't last that long on Best Buy either.
Boy took longest 45 min / 1 hour. Girl and 3 pack were gone fast.
Watch it be site error and many will get cancelled..

AdanVC

Yayyyy. Just preordered Pac-Man! Thanks Salvapot for making it possible. Since I only wanted Pac-Man and Ness from wave 4 then I have half of the mission achieved. Now I just need a retail in Jupiter to preorder from there cuz I'm sure it will be easier than preordering a Ness from North America.

kirby_fox

Banned
Anyone have links to the Amazon Wave 4 preorder pages? Just keep finding the scalper ones.

Which is amazing to find because of all the 1 star reviews talking about hating scalpers...including the last one I just read titled "scalpers deserve to die"...amiibos are serious business.
Literally, it's made people a lot of money.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Anyone have links to the Amazon Wave 4 preorder pages? Just keep finding the scalper ones.

Which is amazing to find because of all the 1 star reviews talking about hating scalpers...including the last one I just read titled "scalpers deserve to die"...amiibos are serious business.

All in list view
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n...496994&ie=UTF8&qid=1428344085&rnid=3075112011

Lucina
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V86BJV4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Robin
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V86BRHU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Wario
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V86C4LS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Splatoon three-pack
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VHWMK44/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Charizard
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V86BJX2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Pac-Man
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V86BRK2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

-Horizon-

That's the strange thing. They didn't last that long on Best Buy either.
Boy took longest 45 min / 1 hour. Girl and 3 pack were gone fast.
Watch it be site error and many will get cancelled..
Terrifying prospect. Never speak of it again.

Well that escalated quickly.

So where can I find the Splatoon 3 pack? Are Amiibos Region Locked? Did Amazon go up btw? How do I join line? How many Digs could a Diggeh dig if a Diggeh could dig digs?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So where can I find the Splatoon 3 pack? Are Amiibos Region Locked? Did Amazon go up btw? How do I join line? How many Digs could a Diggeh dig if a Diggeh could dig digs?

u0RYmf1.png

A Diggeh could dig as deep as ya dig if a Diggeh could dig digs!

Isotope

You missed the 3 pack that was up for nearly the entire afternoon. Best to wait for Amazon or if Wal-Mart gets more
They are not region locked
Amazon has not put them up
Pray to Diggeh
If a rare amiibo is up as payment, as many as he needs to

Lunarian

Neo Member
We expecting US Amazon preorders to go up tonight at midnight PST or what? Also...Has Amazon.co.uk already sold out on Greninja preorders? It's the last amiibo I need from this wave! D:

Yeah, to you and others that asked I was looking to get rid of the whole thing. I'm in NYC and it's a drag to get to Walmart in LI by tomorrow.

If I were to go, I'd keep one of each at least because I still need them, that's why Amazon is my lost hope.

And I got banned by the executive department. Someone from that department got into my account and made a bunch of gift card orders to random people. When I confronted them, they tried to play it off including the manager. When I went to my credit card company and told them what happened, they said that's considered fraud. When I told Walmart what the credit card company said, all of Walmart put me on block. I literally cannot reach anyone anymore.

No dice to ship them? I would pay in advance via PayPal and pay for shipping.

Josh5890

Holy crap. If that is true then that is super shady. I hope everything works out for you.

Jrs3000

Now-In-Stock is insisting Pac-Man is up at Best Buy, but it doesn't seem to be working.

When I first checked it, the Shipping status was green and said 'Pre-Order' but the button was greyed out and said 'Coming Soon'.

Upon refreshing the page, the Shipping status is red and says 'Coming Soon' but the Pre-Order button is active...

So, uh...he might be up soonish?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintend...D=1&siteID=AKGBlS8SPlM-cLwEx_h4QuiInfgQUDpRhQ

Nowinstock is slow on it's alerts. You already missed it most likely. When walmart went on sale last night I didn't get my alert until 10minutes after it went live, lucina and robin were gone by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom