• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charizard is up at Walmart!

*****************************************************************************************************************************
Edit: Aaaaaand gone.

Missed it again...I'm really hoping Charizard and Wario end up being commons. I held off importing those (and Pac-Man), since it would end up getting really pricy. I was lucky and snagged a Pac-Man this morning.

Shauni

Missed it again...I'm really hoping Charizard and Wario end up being commons. I held off importing those (and Pac-Man), since it would end up getting really pricy. I was lucky and snagged a Pac-Man this morning.

I would bet a lot that at least Charizard will be. The only I could see him being rare is if he had got roped into a retailer exclusive thing, but since not, I would be shocked (like seriously shocked) if he was that hard to find after release.

I have a question about these amiibos..here is the thing..I already have pre ordered Charizard, Wario, and Ness( From this morning) from amazon UK..they will be shipped out to me(In the US) in April 29th..I know the supposed ONLY difference is the packaging is a tiny bit different but I just want to be sure that once these are officially released here in the US on May 29th that I will be able to use them. I dont want it to be like a game where if I try to play it early I get banned..I dont know for these amiibos if they require a patch no matter where you get them from just want to know so that I dont have to worry about it

rjinaz

I have a question about these amiibos..here is the thing..I already have pre ordered Charizard, Wario, and Ness( From this morning) from amazon UK..they will be shipped out to me(In the US) in April 29th..I know the supposed ONLY difference is the packaging is a tiny bit different but I just want to be sure that once these are officially released here in the US on May 29th that I will be able to use them. I dont want it to be like a game where if I try to play it early I get banned..I dont know for these amiibos if they require a patch no matter where you get them from just want to know so that I dont have to worry about it

You have nothing to worry about. There won't be any kind of restrictions in place.

HiroTSK5

I could be wrong but for Smash at least I'm pretty sure amiibo functionality is there for all characters, I remember someone hacking a Duck Hunt and Mr. Game and Watch Amiibo into the game shortly after the functionality was added.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still nothing on Amazon? I sure hope they don't go up over the weekend, considering I gotta help run the coat check at a hair show & won't have my laptop for most of the day...

Shauni

There's no game that I know of that you can use amiibo functions online (none of your Smash AI can be brought online, and MP10 isn't online at all), so I don't know what there would be to ban you from.

You have nothing to worry about. There won't be any kind of restrictions in place.

So how will it work..when I get them I cant obviously use them since they technically are NOT available here yet..so I have to wait til May 29th in order to use them..and will there be a patch release to use them or I just start using it as if I got them from here

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
what in the name of god is a hair show?
Basically, a bunch of hair product companies have booths to show &/or sell their shampoos/conditioners/other hair products, some stylists have presentations, some models, etc. I guess a "salon convention" is the best way of putting it.

I've been doing it each year for about 5 years now. Get paid about $80-$100 to run coat check for a day.

Shauni

So how will it work..when I get them I cant obviously use them since they technically are NOT available here yet..so I have to wait til May 29th in order to use them..and will there be a patch release to use them or I just start using it as if I got them from here

I think what's confusing you is that you think the amiibo functionality is based solely around the software. It is somewhat, but what's more important is the NFC chip in the amiibo. They activate automatically when you scan them on your hardware, so no, you've got nothing to worry about. As long as the amiibo in question has a function NFC chip, it will work as intended.

I think what's confusing you is that you think the amiibo functionality is based solely around the software. It is somewhat, but what's more important is the NFC chip in the amiibo. They activate automatically when you scan them on your hardware, so no, you've got nothing to worry about. As long as the amiibo in question has a function NFC chip, it will work as intended.

Well I assume it will have that function NFC chip, its the same amiibo, just released in a different country..if Charizard and Wario were somehow available here to purchase I would purchase them and cancel the amazon UK order..but still keep Ness since Ness is so hard to get

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, I had a feeling the thread would be getting plenty of salt from the Walmart 3 AM fiasco. Take a shaker and pass it down.

KGJkwz8.png

Shauni

Well I assume it will have that function NFC chip, its the same amiibo, just released in a different country..if Charizard and Wario were somehow available here to purchase I would purchase them and cancel the amazon UK order..but still keep Ness since Ness is so hard to get

Yeah, it's the same chip no matter what country it's free, there's no kind of region-locking (which is crazy, since Nintendo is one of the few game companies left who still region-lock shit, but they didn't for amiibos). So, no worries.

Shauni

The main bulk of Wal-Mart preorders went up super early yeah, but they actually popped up off and on into the afternoon. I know the Spatloon pack back like twice? And stayed up for a decent while each time.

The main bulk of Wal-Mart preorders went up super early yeah, but they actually popped up off and on into the afternoon. I know the Spatloon pack back like twice? And stayed up for a decent while each time.

If it processed your order, are you good or are the chances of being screwed still high???

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmm, seeing the 3-pack still available makes me wonder if it'd be alright to wait & focus on Robin, Lucina, & then maybe Pac-Man as well.

Yeah, it's the same chip no matter what country it's free, there's no kind of region-locking (which is crazy, since Nintendo is one of the few game companies left who still region-lock shit, but they didn't for amiibos). So, no worries.

Good cause I figure if something were different people here wouldn't even be ordering from amazon UK that live in the US, there would be no point..I really dont get why EU gets the amiibos released a month before us, Nintendo knows that getting these amiibos will be tough and people in the US will be ordering from the UK so the release date should have been the same..I know the packaging is a drop different but the amiibos themselves look exactly the same?

Draxal

Good cause I figure if something were different people here wouldn't even be ordering from amazon UK that live in the US, there would be no point..I really dont get why EU gets the amiibos released a month before us, Nintendo knows that getting these amiibos will be tough and people in the US will be ordering from the UK so the release date should have been the same..I know the packaging is a drop different but the amiibos themselves look exactly the same?

The amiibos are exactly the same, America is by far the strongest market for Amiibo, so I guess they're running into supply issues.

The only one that might be different is R.O.B. as he might have different color schemes.

weevles

Man, I'm so burnt out waiting for these things. I really would've preferred to go through Amazon, but I don't think I can do it. I've already missed almost every single online preorder except for the Yesasia ones where I have Lucina, Robin, and Ness. I did get Greninja and Charizard from TRU in, and I will try to get Jiggly in store. In fact, if anything, in-store seems like my only option at this point. This is really depressing.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I know the packaging is a drop different but the amiibos themselves look exactly the same?

You must be messing with us. This is the seventh time in the thread you've asked about regional differences. I've answered you each time about how amiibo are the exact same figure, use the exact same RFID chip, aren't region locked, and have a slightly different box depending on the region. Please read the first post.

I'll post Kierwynn's excellent comparison once again.

kierwynn said:
I have 3 Rosalinas from 3 different regions (I love her!), so I decided to take some pictures of the differences.

Here's the front of them. It's JP -> EU -> NA

l75RUvS.jpg

Here's the back. Again, it's JP -> EU -> NA

uFwwEnL.jpg

Here is also a comparison of the bottoms which are exactly the same. It's a JP Rosalina -> EU Villager -> NA Little Mac

lptIYE8.jpg

You must be messing with us. This is the seventh time in the thread you've asked about regional differences. I've answered you each time about how amiibo are the exact same figure, use the exact same RFID chip, aren't region locked, and have a slightly different box depending on the region.

I'll post Kierwynn's excellent comparison once again.

Id rather be safe than sorry..Im sorry about constantly asking about it I just want to be totally sure

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Id rather be safe than sorry..Im sorry about constantly asking about it I just want to be totally sure

No problem! I can understand amiibo being super confusing, especially when you have to resort to ordering from overseas because everything sells out in minutes at 3 AM.

Kilau

I appreciate you getting the clarification, it isn't always clear what people are saying on the internet.

So I knew the packaging was different, but the numbers on the bottom are different too? Ugh, I ordered a JPN Villager and this will bug me that he will be different in game now.

Draxal

I appreciate you getting the clarification, it isn't always clear what people are saying on the internet.

So I knew the packaging was different, but the numbers on the bottom are different too? Ugh, I ordered a JPN Villager and this will bug me that he will be different in game now.

Nope, my american rosalina has the same exact number has her JPN Rosalina. She has three different types of amiibo for the number display. ( JP Rosalina -> EU Villager -> NA Little Mac)

ExVicis

I'm just at least glad I got Wario, I can't undertand why he is selling out so goddamn quickly too along with everyone else from the wave. Are people just running to buy whatever and to hell with whatever it is?

Oh man, I had a feeling the thread would be getting plenty of salt from the Walmart 3 AM fiasco. Take a shaker and pass it down.

KGJkwz8.png

i have had salt before amiibos for west coast PST people, i remember game unlocks would open at 12 am PST all the time, the fuck, 3 am EST is such bs

also now they release games at 9 pm PST for 12 am release games in stores 0_o

if wario is common as fuck i can see a mass return of wario hahah, will be funny to see but also sad cause poor wario will be emo :(

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Kilau pls

dat classic trolling

I'm just at least glad I got Wario, I can't undertand why he is selling out so goddamn quickly too along with everyone else from the wave. Are people just running to buy whatever and to hell with whatever it is?

Sometimes I wonder if the NA/US amiibo availability has to do with how they interpret the peg warmers from Wave 1 (which makes the whole Super Mario line kind of weird to me)... and their fear of overstocking after the Wii U's first year.

Shauni

That's the feeling I get. I really don't know how else to explain it.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Don't hesitate. Buy on sight. Hesitation leads to that .01 second where you miss it.

VICI0US

sigh.. missed walmart pre-orders because i had to sleep for work.

on the plus side I snagged wario when he re-opened. gives me a small glimmer of hope that robin/lucina might go up again as well with cancelled multiple orders and what not

edit: also who would I speak with regarding a line invite? i only have 2 pre-orders locked in for this wave because they keep going up between 1 and 3 in the morning :\

skaflone721

Neo Member
I have an order for 2 Robins, 2 Lucinas and a 3 Pack to be paid with cash at the store. Can I somehow transfer that to someone else here? Would hate for it to go to waste.

I had mentioned earlier I'm banned from Walmart.com, but I tried the cash option and it went through in the morning.

Except I'm not driving to Long Island to pay for that shit. Also I don't like fully paying preorders.

Man, I'm just dying for Amazon to go up so I can actually secure these and relax.

ExVicis

Don't hesitate. Buy on sight. Hesitation leads to that .01 second where you miss it.

Buy now, think later.

That's the feeling I get. I really don't know how else to explain it.

Sometimes I wonder if the NA/US amiibo availability has to do with how they interpret the peg warmers from Wave 1 (which makes the whole Super Mario line kind of weird to me)... and their fear of overstocking after the Wii U's first year.

Well I wanted Wario regardless of rarity (I don't know why but I kind of like his character) but honestly not enough to sit around at night to order him.

I feel like there's some weird disconnect going on here amongst us buyers and Nintendo themselves and I almost wonder if they know or understand what is even going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom