• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart did a pre-authorization on my card. Guess it's safe to say I'm in the clear. Got all that I wanted though from this wave.

Ness (Gamestop)
Charizard (Gamestop)
Lucina (Walmart)
Robin (Walmart)
Splatoon Triple Pack (Gamestop)

Hopefully wave 5 and 6 won't be as BS.

Joei

Walmart did a pre-authorization on my card. Guess it's safe to say I'm in the clear. Got all that I wanted though from this wave.

Ness (Gamestop)
Charizard (Gamestop)
Lucina (Walmart)
Robin (Walmart)
Splatoon Triple Pack (Gamestop)

Hopefully wave 5 and 6 won't be as BS.

It will be worse, don't worry. Every wave has progressively gotten worse with more people buying them.

Also, almost 1 AM here on the east coast, I wouldn't be surprised if something pops up in the next 2 hours. Last night everyone was checking Amazon and out of no where Wally World sneaks in with preorders.

DooD1234

I know there are going to be amiibo cards for the Animal Crossing house builder game, but when did they announce cards for the upcoming Fire Emblem?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/amiibo-cards/1100-6426694/

This is where I saw it listed, is this a mistake or did I miss something?
So far Japan only and they don't appear to be coming overseas. But considering they have download codes for FE: if to get Marth, Lucina, and Minerva maybe they will? I heard it for a card game and not actually amiibo cards.

10410230_472759699547835_2411970665863934144_n.png

Amiibo when?

Sorry if posted.

tiijj

I know there are going to be amiibo cards for the Animal Crossing house builder game, but when did they announce cards for the upcoming Fire Emblem?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/amiibo-cards/1100-6426694/

This is where I saw it listed, is this a mistake or did I miss something?

They announced it on the last Nintendo Direct in japan, apparently it contains a code for the marth and lucina dlc. It's a tcg called fire emblem cipher.

The announcement >>> https://youtu.be/KLlvaX_rRTc?t=2541

batfax

Sure makes it easier to follow, though on the downside I forget to check in as often.

Maaan I can't wait for Roy to be announced so I can know what his amiibo will look like.

Cracked and decided to grab Ness, Robin & Lucina off yesasia. If I manage to get any domestic releases, I'll probably keep them.

Despite the fact that Ike is being held hostage by Gamestop... Here's my happy little family so far (bonus Nendoroid Solid Snake behind WFT's arm):
85v0g0N.jpg

Well... you're stuck with them no matter what you do, yesasia won't accept cancellations

Of course, same with the Shulk and second Ike I got from Play-Asia. I figure, especially with Ike, that so long as I get the ones I want, I don't care where they're coming from.

At least with both WFT and Marth, my best friend was able to get them for me while Little Mac was a Christmas present from another friend. All my other ones I bought in-store, particularly Villager, whom I got on launch day as well as Pikachu.

Nia

I finally got the Splatoon Amiibos preordered. I just need to import Jigglypuff from somewhere, then I'll be out of this mess for now.

BigBossJelly

Neo Member
It seems as though I'll be getting my Lucina and Robin Amiibo from Walmart, hopefully my accidental Paypal pending payment doesn't cancel it out.

hobart

Amiibros-

I just nabbed the 3-pack, Boy and Girl from Walmart.

Worth a shot at them if you are up and willing to give it a go.

Edit: I may have gotten the last 3-pack. Maybe they will come available randomly during the course of the day.

NeOak

Going by how long the Splatoon Amiibos have been up, i guess the reason it sold out so fast at Gamestop was they ordered a low amount >.>

mhayes86

Well... you're stuck with them no matter what you do, yesasia won't accept cancellations

I noticed Play-Asia doesn't seem to accept cancellations either. It's been a while since I've imported from the site, so I wonder when that change happened?

It pains me that my work blocks a lot of these import sites, and since I can't have any personal electronic devices within my workspace, they're sold out by the time I run out to grab my phone. The Amazon UK pre-orders yesterday were my savior.

Ulysses 31

I noticed Play-Asia doesn't seem to accept cancellations either. It's been a while since I've imported from the site, so I wonder when that change happened?

Play Asia does cancel orders if you contact them about it, I did with a Xenoblade Cover Plate Order stating that I got one from an european site and they cancelled and refunded the order.

Shauni

They will probably function like the cards, I imagine. Who knows.

The cards actually aren't amiibo cards like the AC ones are. You get a download code with the starter packs. As of now, I don't think there's been any actual amiibo functionality announced for If.

Is GameStop still taking in store pre orders? I've literally missed out on all pre orders so far. Either working while they go up or get to the pre orders too late. I just saw Wario go up and he's already gone. Fucking crazy.

kirby_fox

Banned
Is GameStop still taking in store pre orders? I've literally missed out on all pre orders so far. Either working while they go up or get to the pre orders too late. I just saw Wario go up and he's already gone. Fucking crazy.

Keep checking Walmart it goes in and out. I don't think target has had any except jiggly go up, and Amazon too.

I was able to grab wario yesterday in one of the times he was up at Wal-Mart. So there's some hope there.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

One thing I did notice is that they've apparently dropped free shipping over $25 :(

AdanVC

So Ness is likely to never appear again to preorder at Gamestop, right? And since he is a f***ing GS exclusive then Ness NA version is now top massive tier rare thing. Ness is the most wanted figure of wave 4 and is the only one with a retail exclusive I hate NoA so much :)))))))))))))))))))

:))))))))))))

So Ness is likely to never appear again to preorder at Gamestop, right? And since he is a f***ing GS exclusive then Ness NA version is now top massive tier rare thing. Ness is the most wanted figure of wave 4 and is the only one with a retail exclusive I hate NoA so much :)))))))))))))))))))

:))))))))))))

I feel your pain. I'm praying someone on Gaf has an extra NA version of him pre ordered so I can buy it ;_;

Best Buy Canada - Work-around Method to Pre-Order Wave 4 NOW

STEP 1
Go to the following link to list all amiibo on their site
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...b9b4beca91fe414314b86bb581f8en20&query=Amiibo

STEP 2
Check off the "Compare" button on all 5 available (Robin, Lucina, Charizard, Pac Man and Wario).

STEP 3
Click the "Compare Selections" button that will bring you to a new page that lists each one you checked off but now has a "Add to Cart" button at the bottom of each column. Add all 5 to your cart.

STEP 4
Once in the cart just keep spamming the Checkout or Checkout with PayPal buttons. You will get errors but just keep spamming the buttons until it brings you to the order screen.

STEP 5
Enter all your details and submit. If it gives errors just keep going. Sometimes it will bring up the "Processing Order" screen and then the "Verified by Visa" screen if you use a Visa as well. You might submit and then go back to the order screen saying it needs an address again. Just keep trying! I went through that loop a dozen times before it worked.

STEP 6
You will receive an order confirmation email once it works and sit back and enjoy!

These orders may get cancelled so be aware

I checked out with PayPal as a Guest but many others used their accounts and a Credit Card so it doesn't seem to matter what you use. You just need to keep trying again and again! And again and again and again!

Best Buy Canada - Work-around Method to Pre-Order Wave 4 NOW

STEP 1
Go to the following link to list all amiibo on their site
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...b9b4beca91fe414314b86bb581f8en20&query=Amiibo

STEP 2
Check off the "Compare" button on all 5 available (Robin, Lucina, Charizard, Pac Man and Wario).

STEP 3
Click the "Compare Selections" button that will bring you to a new page that lists each one you checked off but now has a "Add to Cart" button at the bottom of each column. Add all 5 to your cart.

STEP 4
Once in the cart just keep spamming the Checkout or Checkout with PayPal buttons. You will get errors but just keep spamming the buttons until it brings you to the order screen.

STEP 5
Enter all your details and submit. If it gives errors just keep going. Sometimes it will bring up the "Processing Order" screen and then the "Verified by Visa" screen if you use a Visa as well. You might submit and then go back to the order screen saying it needs an address again. Just keep trying! I went through that loop a dozen times before it worked.

STEP 6
You will receive an order confirmation email once it works and sit back and enjoy!

These orders may get cancelled so be aware

I checked out with PayPal as a Guest but many others used their accounts and a Credit Card so it doesn't seem to matter what you use. You just need to keep trying again and again! And again and again and again!

These count as NA right? Do they ship to the US?

Neo Dark

woah. two and a half hours of silence? that's gotta be a record.
Yeah if you don't count the middle of the night when everyone is sleeping and we have even more silence lol. Ugh... I need to be on the lookout for Robin now. I Pre-ordered two Lucina the other night cause I figured a friend wanted one. Didn't know he want a Robin too. Sigh... The amiibo game... It will never end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom