• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

Wow, Robin seems to be lasting a little longer than the others. Maybe not as rare as we thought, but still rare?

He'll be rare. I wouldn't make any guesses based on how long Amazon uk has them up today considering they put preorders up on and off all the time for wave 4. Maybe they already put more of the others up or maybe they plan to put more of the others up at another time. It's hard to say.

Nori Chan

Jigglypuff is now sold online. Pre order button that was grayed out isn't there anymore. Have they ran out for online orders?

Guess it's time for me to pitch a tent now

kirby_fox

Banned
I got an Amazon rep to personally email me the instant that Robin & Lucina are up on the US Amazon site.

So you'll get an email like...20 minutes after they've sold out right?

Heading off to work, so I expect all of the amiibos to show up and sell out over the next 6 hours.

Portman

Well after saying I wasn't going to mess with more of these things besides the two I bought with Smash I gave in and ordered more. My friend is collecting them all so he is monitoring them and he mentioned the Splatoon tripple pack to me so I got one. I love the way the art for the game looks so I can't resist a chance to get it either.

Now to just figure out if I should try to complete my Zelda collection of amiibos I partially have or stop where I'm at and get rid of the others.

-Horizon-

Hori, did you get anything in today?
Lucina and Robin :3c

Well after saying I wasn't going to mess with more of these things besides the two I bought with Smash I gave in and ordered more. My friend is collecting them all so he is monitoring them and he mentioned the Splatoon tripple pack to me so I got one. I love the way the art for the game looks so I can't resist a chance to get it either.

Now to just figure out if I should try to complete my Zelda collection of amiibos I partially have or stop where I'm at and get rid of the others.
No one just stops once they have a taste.

Portman

No one just stops once they have a taste.

I've done good with watching from the sidelines since they released and I'm proud of myself. The temptation is there to collect a few of the games I want or favorite characters but between the insanity involved with getting them and the fact that I'm trying to cut back on collectibles (gotta save for a place at some point) makes me stop every time.

Now if something else like Splatoon comes along I might give in for it like I did with this but luck and timing played a role in this too. Plus the in game goodies with them haven't been a big draw for me so that's more ammo for me to resist with.

Regiruler

Almost 50 minutes after it was posted and the pre-orders for the inkling amiibos still haven't gone down on walmart. They must have gotten an insane stock or everyone suddenly got bored of it somehow.

NateDrake

Almost 50 minutes after it was posted and the pre-orders for the inkling amiibos still haven't gone down on walmart. They must have gotten an insane stock or everyone suddenly got bored of it somehow.

Splatoon amiibo - aside from the triple pack - will be easy to come by.

Shauni

As well as the Zero Suit Samus War.

You know, I'm going to go against the grain and wager that Zero Suit Samus won't be a hard figure to get. Not in regards to pre-order, since it's seeming like no figure will be easy to really preorder, but I think she's probably going to be uncommon after release, just like normal Samus was.

Shauni

I don't know if rate of pre-orders is really the best indication of how common something will be. Wario has consistently being selling out at the rate of Lucina and Robin, and I have a real hard time buying that motherfucker is going to be rare.

Vena

I don't know if rate of pre-orders is really the best indication of how common something will be. Wario has consistently being selling out at the rate of Lucina and Robin, and I have a real hard time buying that motherfucker is going to be rare.

Wario is popular. Robin and Lucina are also popular though. :p

Piscus

Just curious, I've been eyeing the baseball bat display case @ Michaels for my Amiibo.

It's seems to be a pretty popular display solution among amiibro around here. Would these be able to accommodate DVDs/games/etc. too? There is a Michaels store a little ways from me, and thought I'd ask.

No to the DVDs/games/etc. Not tall enough or deep enough for those things. Works incredibly well for amiibo, though. I have four of those cases.

Edit: Check the coupons they offer on their site. Sometimes the price online doesn't match the price in-store, and there's a coupon in my area for 50% off the regular price of an item.

lumber

No to the DVDs/games/etc. Not tall enough or deep enough for those things. Works incredibly well for amiibo, though. I have four of those cases.

Edit: Check the coupons they offer on their site. Sometimes the price online doesn't match the price in-store, and there's a coupon in my area for 50% off the regular price of an item.

Seconded. I use them for my amiibos and Disney Infinity figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom