• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just told my wife about the Lilly Pullitzer thing and she said she knew about it and likes it, but didn't care that she missed it. I wish I had that kind of restraint with amiibo.

Lunarian

Neo Member
I just don't understand why Nintendo doesn't put their amiibo in their own online store. They could make 100% profit and not have to worry about selling them cheaply to 3rd party stores like EBGames or Gamestop. They can just meet the freaking demand... "OH hey we got 500,000 preorders - k guyz, lets make 500k Greninja" and then have 2nd edition preorder time frame go up where they meet the exact # and demand. I just don't understand the logic. Artificial demand or not I would of bought the whole smash line....the rarity of them isn't what is making ME buy them. Obviously might be different for other people... /sigh

I just don't understand why Nintendo doesn't put their amiibo in their own online store. They could make 100% profit and not have to worry about selling them cheaply to 3rd party stores like EBGames or Gamestop. They can just meet the freaking demand... "OH hey we got 500,000 preorders - k guyz, lets make 500k Greninja" and then have 2nd edition preorder time frame go up where they meet the exact # and demand. I just don't understand the logic. Artificial demand or not I would of bought the whole smash line....the rarity of them isn't what is making ME buy them. Obviously might be different for other people... /sigh

That's bad business. Pisses off retailers, who are much more equipped to handle these sorts of things at this scale than they are.

Fox Mulder

NoA is just cheap. You can buy amiibos right now on the Nintendo UK website, but we get nothing here.

Josh5890

I'm honestly fine with paying up front for these and getting them shipped six months down the road.

i have a feeling they will do this next year/during the holidays , like for a select few

they cant be that stupid, can they
dont answer :p

shanafan

NoA is underproducing the amiibo line. This all comes down to that. Before wave 1 was released, and even the first couple weeks of wave 1 in stores, no one knew how limited amiibos would be in North America. I easily preordered Shulk and Meta Knight during that time. I thought they looked neat, and I decided to preorder them.

If NA saw the same filled store shelves like in Germany, there would never be 500,000 preorders for Greninja. It just wouldn't happen.

I think NoA likes how much attention amiibo is getting here, and they will continue to do what they are doing. They sell out of every wave of "rare" amiibo in NA, and if people can't get like Robin or Lucina here, they will import one from Germany - and so that stock gets sold. It's really a win-win on Nintendo's side.

-Horizon-

Eh. They sell their stock, so why do they need to frustrated?

But, if a Ness preorder crashed their system, then yeah I would think so.

The customer complaints and constant barrage of questions about amiibos probably doesn't help matters.

It really isn't up to NoA. This is all Iwata's doing. He really runs the show here in the states.

Yeah, didn't Iwata designate himself as the CEO of NoA?

Neo Dark

not far off. Target's site had issues from people rushing to get some new exclusive designer clothes and other shit. There were massive crowds outside stores that ran in at opening and snatched everything off shelves. Make amiibos look small time really.

https://twitter.com/amiiboinq/status/589779289085714432

Search #LillyForTarget on Twitter and it looks like every amiibo thread ever
Wow... Yeah I only said shoes as a joke cause I know my cousin had made a big deal about some shows before but wow... Didn't think I was close with that guess

-Horizon-

They would get angry at Nintendo if their own website can't handle the visitor traffic? 0o
"I never asked for all these customers."

Managed to get two Splatoon Amiibo off of Walmart.

Granted it's not the 3 pack, I'm still grateful that I managed to snag at least two of all the Amiibo that have been announced.

There seems to be low demand, so act fast, for those interested in the Splatoon line.
I still think the splatoon line will be readily available.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I still think the splatoon line will be readily available.

I know a dude who works for GameTruck, and Nintendo is supplying them with Splatoon decals for the trucks, making sure there are Wii U's for all the stations, and plenty of Amiibo (ie: one free for the birthday kid, and have others for sale). I didn't get the exact details on that last part, but I'd assume he meant just for Splatoon.

-Horizon-

I know a dude who works for GameTruck, and Nintendo is supplying them with Splatoon decals for the trucks, making sure there are Wii U's for all the stations, and plenty of Amiibo (ie: one free for the birthday kid, and have others for sale). I didn't get the exact details on that last part, but I'd assume he meant just for Splatoon.

With the marketing push they're giving this, I really really hope Splatoon is a success. Might actually give Nintendo more reason to invest in new IPs.

Josh5890

With the marketing push they're giving this, I really really hope Splatoon is a success. Might actually give Nintendo more reason to invest in new IPs.

I am praying that Splatoon takes off. This franchise could set up Nintendo for the next generation in so many different ways.

Hello AmiiboGAF! Long time reader, first time poster. My account was just approved and I'm happy to be a non-lurking part of this community! Needless to say, I had no idea collecting these would be so time-consuming and difficult, but this community has been so helpful. So many of you have put so much time into helping others here and it is truly appreciated. Thank you all!

Fox Mulder

i hope it does too, but I've fallen off the hype train. Gimped local multiplayer, no voice chat online for a team based online shooter, and probably a tacked on single player.

ExVicis

Hello AmiiboGAF! Long time reader, first time poster. My account was just approved and I'm happy to be a non-lurking part of this community! Needless to say, I had no idea collecting these would be so time-consuming and difficult, but this community has been so helpful. So many of you have put so much time into helping others here and it is truly appreciated. Thank you all!
Hi guy! Congrats and welcome
to hell
!

Anyways hope you get all the amiibos you wanted and more

O.v.e.rlord

Banned

Welcome to the thread! Glad to see more amiibro/or gal join!

-Horizon-

I am praying that Splatoon takes off. This franchise could set up Nintendo for the next generation in so many different ways.
One thing I see happening would maybe for Nintendo to start handing the reins to the younger generation at their company to work on new projects.

i hope it does too, but I've fallen off the hype train. Gimped local multiplayer, no voice chat online for a team based online shooter, and probably a tacked on single player.
Maybe they'll fix all of that with the second game :)

I've never heard this before.
Hey, the last time I said this with the gold mario, the gold mario was pretty available for a couple of weeks after it was out lol.

Joei

Aside from rares, I wonder how much these are selling. Whenever I go to TRU their shelves are packed to the edge with Amiibo. We all say you can't find them, but honestly, really? Mega Man, Zelda, Mario, Luigi, Link, Bowser, Yoshi, Peach, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, I could go on and they're all readily available. People just want the select ones that aren't. Scalpers know this, so shit, they buy the lesser produced ones and sell them for a markup. Because really, if they doubled production of Ike, would they have sold as much? Scalpers wouldn't buy them which would probably account for half the sales, so now those are sitting of shelves, I doubt casual fans know who it is (it's only because of Amiibo I know who Robin, Ike, etc are) and honestly, if you have a choice, as a company, who do you fill shelves with? Mario, Link, Mega Man? Or King Dedede, Ike, Villager? I don't t know about you, but I'm going with the well known characters.

-Horizon-

I had a dream that the yarn yoshi amiibo went up for pre order.

I have a problem
I would recommend a doctor but I'm sure the doctor is already infected with it as well.

Aside from rares, I wonder how much these are selling. Whenever I go to TRU their shelves are packed to the edge with Amiibo. We all say you can't find them, but honestly, really? Mega Man, Zelda, Mario, Luigi, Link, Bowser, Yoshi, Peach, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, I could go on and they're all readily available. People just want the select ones that aren't. Scalpers know this, so shit, they buy the lesser produced ones and sell them for a markup. Because really, if they doubled production of Ike, would they have sold as much? Scalpers wouldn't buy them which would probably account for half the sales, so now those are sitting of shelves, I doubt casual fans know who it is (it's only because of Amiibo I know who Robin, Ike, etc are) and honestly, if you have a choice, as a company, who do you fill shelves with? Mario, Link, Mega Man? Or King Dedede, Ike, Villager? I don't t know about you, but I'm going with the well known characters.
Reggie pls.

My TRU keeps insisting that they are not doing preorders at all for any.

They expect to get less greninjas than they got of lucario... they got 4 lucario.

Seems like they only had a few. He was gone in seconds.

I knew something was strange about the site, it kept on asking me over and over again for the last 4 security digits of my American Express card so I just said screw it and I put in my Discover card and this time it took. At first Wario was removed from cart, but then it was put back in..I notice on my discover card site that both the Splatoon 3 pack and Wario have not been charged yet, does Walmart only charge AFTER the item ships?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom