• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jergingha

Neo Member
I knew something was strange about the site, it kept on asking me over and over again for the last 4 security digits of my American Express card so I just said screw it and I put in my Discover card and this time it took. At first Wario was removed from cart, but then it was put back in..I notice on my discover card site that both the Splatoon 3 pack and Wario have not been charged yet, does Walmart only charge AFTER the item ships?

Walmart does an initial charge just to make sure funds are there (if you have less than the total price in your bank account, the purchase will not go through).

Then they refund it, and then when it ships, they charge you.

Walmart does an initial charge just to make sure funds are there (if you have less than the total price in your bank account, the purchase will not go through).

Then they refund it, and then when it ships, they charge you.

I see the initial charge for the Splatoon 3 pack on my american express card that I placed on Friday..but I guess for the Discover card(since I just placed the order for Wario about 15 min ago) it takes a little time..I just hope they have Pac-Man available I Really want that one I keep refreshing hoping that it will pop up like Wario did..whats funny is that I had signed up for a in stock alert and received nothing LOL

Velcro Fly

Yeah I had an in stock alert on Walmart.com for Ike and it popped up once or twice and nothing

It probably sells out too fast for it to even register.

Yeah I had an in stock alert on Walmart.com for Ike and it popped up once or twice and nothing

It probably sells out too fast for it to even register.

It was just pure luck that I happened to be online at that moment. I wasn't even going to bother looking since on twitter no one had said anything about any amiibos being available, so I figured what the heck lets see if Wario, Charizard, and Pac-Man are available, and there was Wario available for pre order..so now I have the others on my tab on firefox too just in case

Shauni

I see the initial charge for the Splatoon 3 pack on my american express card that I placed on Friday..but I guess for the Discover card(since I just placed the order for Wario about 15 min ago) it takes a little time..I just hope they have Pac-Man available I Really want that one I keep refreshing hoping that it will pop up like Wario did..whats funny is that I had signed up for a in stock alert and received nothing LOL

I really wouldn't stress about getting Pacman. He may be hard to find at first, but odds are he'll be like Mega Man and Sonic and end up being the most common figure of his respective wave.

I really wouldn't stress about getting Pacman. He may be hard to find at first, but odds are he'll be like Mega Man and Sonic and end up being the most common figure of his respective wave.

So far its a major pain to find online. I guess it was available for a brief moment on bestbuy.com today, and yesterday morning it was available again on walmart.com but I of course missed it(Apparently showed up at 7am along with Wario) thats why I keep on refreshing the site, maybe since Wario came up so will Pac-Man..I really want Lucina and Robin too..already have Ness pre ordered from amazon UK I know I will never be able to get that one at gamestop so Im glad I got it from amazon UK..Jigglypuff, who knows, will try going on release day to Target and seeing what happens

HOT DOG I JUST GOT A PACMAN!!!!! FROM WALMART.COM!! All I need now is a Robin, Lucina, and a Jigglypuff but I doubt I get that from Target.com probably will have to wait til release day for that one

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
HOT DOG I JUST GOT A PACMAN!!!!! FROM WALMART.COM!! All I need now is a Robin, Lucina, and a Jigglypuff but I doubt I get that from Target.com probably will have to wait til release day for that one

Seems like they only had a few. He was gone in seconds.

I never saw Pac-Man go up, so maybe it was a lucky break. :)

Wait.... Pac Man was available on Walmart just now?

WHAT?

All of a sudden I refreshed and it said pre order (Only 2 available) so I said F it lets try it and it worked..now I just need Lucina, Robin, and Jigglypuff if Im a lucky enough gal to get it
I just hope these pre orders dont get canceled because they just had a few of them. I didnt even see them get posted on twitter or any alerts, I just refreshed and there they were. I doubt I will be that lucky with Lucina or Robin but I will keep trying who knows..I mean once the order is placed walmart cant screw me over and cancel the order because they didnt have it right? Otherwise the order would have never gone through

CorvoSol

I preordered Charizard ages ago from Game.Co.Uk. They haven't canceled him yet but their new anti-America-shipping stance continues to make me fear for the safety of that pre-order.

kirby_fox

Banned
All of a sudden I refreshed and it said pre order (Only 2 available) so I said F it lets try it and it worked..now I just need Lucina, Robin, and Jigglypuff if Im a lucky enough gal to get it
I just hope these pre orders dont get canceled because they just had a few of them. I didnt even see them get posted on twitter or any alerts, I just refreshed and there they were. I doubt I will be that lucky with Lucina or Robin but I will keep trying who knows..I mean once the order is placed walmart cant screw me over and cancel the order because they didnt have it right? Otherwise the order would have never gone through

Not to get your hopes down or anything, but my initial response was "Ohhhh, they can't can they?" They can certainly cancel it, but that's some mad luck right there either way.

I really wish I wasn't so tired, because a gut feeling has me thinking Amazon is gonna have them up at midnight tonight. Or 3 AM. Of course, that's every night I have these gut feelings.

I just don't understand why Nintendo doesn't put their amiibo in their own online store. They could make 100% profit and not have to worry about selling them cheaply to 3rd party stores like EBGames or Gamestop. They can just meet the freaking demand... "OH hey we got 500,000 preorders - k guyz, lets make 500k Greninja" and then have 2nd edition preorder time frame go up where they meet the exact # and demand. I just don't understand the logic. Artificial demand or not I would of bought the whole smash line....the rarity of them isn't what is making ME buy them. Obviously might be different for other people... /sigh

Nintendo's online store starts selling Amiibo, its servers would begin rattling like old washing machines and overheat enough to sink into the planet's core.

-Horizon-

I thought Pac-Man was like the least wanted figure in the new wave? Along with Wario. Like, they would always sell out of preorders only long after everyone else already did.

kirby_fox

Banned
I thought Pac-Man was like the least wanted figure in the new wave? Along with Wario. Like, they would always sell out of preorders only long after everyone else already did.

I just got a Wario the other day. I still don't have Pacman. I mean hell, Wario and Jiggly are the only ones I have besides the 3 Pack Splatoon that I probably should cancel since it was up for forever and I was only gonna use it for trading purposes since I couldn't snag any of Wave 4.

If Pac is the least wanted, there's still a lot of want.

Jergingha

Neo Member

I main Pac Man, and I honestly thought not many cared for his Amiibo, so I wasn't too worried, but goddamn it seems like more people want him than I had originally anticipated.

Not to get your hopes down or anything, but my initial response was "Ohhhh, they can't can they?" They can certainly cancel it, but that's some mad luck right there either way.

I really wish I wasn't so tired, because a gut feeling has me thinking Amazon is gonna have them up at midnight tonight. Or 3 AM. Of course, that's every night I have these gut feelings.

I will stay up cause I really want to get Lucina and Robin, I didnt care about those two before but seeing how everyone else wants them I Figure hey why not, maybe they are worth getting..Walmart better NOT cancel my order, I mean it would be weird if they did I dont see any reason why they would, if they can cancel mine they can cancel anyone's order..I wish that Best Buy had these orders available since I have GCU I would have saved some cash but oh well

-Horizon-

I just got a Wario the other day. I still don't have Pacman. I mean hell, Wario and Jiggly are the only ones I have besides the 3 Pack Splatoon that I probably should cancel since it was up for forever and I was only gonna use it for trading purposes since I couldn't snag any of Wave 4.

If Pac is the least wanted, there's still a lot of want.
I'm more surprised puff is rare. I would've thought any Pokemon amiibo would be common but nope. The power of exclusivity.

I main Pac Man, and I honestly thought not many cared for his Amiibo, so I wasn't too worried, but goddamn it seems like more people want him than I had originally anticipated.
I feel like Pac Man will be as rare as sonic when released...which is not at all.

Im not having the same luck in getting Robin and Lucina I guess those two are really the hard ones to get..I want Jigglypuff too but I have a feeling I wont be getting that one til release day if I go early to Target..oh and I want that amiibo from toys r us cant spell its name

ExVicis

I feel like Pac Man will be as rare as sonic when released...which is not at all.

I would be of the same opinion but why the hell is he sold out everywhere? This is my big question, why are the ones that seem to be the non-rares no becoming the rares right now?

I suppose we'll have to wait and see what happens but this is so puzzling. But maybe is just bothers me because I'm not collecting to collect the whole set but just the ones I like and even the niche ones I like, like Wario, are becoming near impossible to find.

-Horizon-

Well I hope you're right.
The fact that it isn't an exclusive ups the chances from zero at least lol

I would be of the same opinion but why the hell is he sold out everywhere? This is my big question, why are the ones that seem to be the non-rares no becoming the rares right now?

I suppose we'll have to wait and see what happens but this is so puzzling. But maybe is just bothers me because I'm not collecting to collect the whole set but just the ones I like and even the niche ones I like, like Wario, are becoming near impossible to find.
Wasn't Sonic hard to find at first too? I feel like it can be two things: Nintendo shipping out only small batches at a time or scalpers buying a lot, both of which purposefully trying to create artificial shortages to evoke the idea that there is a lot of demand and generate interest when in fact interest would've been average at best.

/puts tin foil hat away

Wasn't Sonic hard to find at first too? I feel like it can be two things: Nintendo shipping out only small batches at a time or scalpers buying a lot, both of which purposefully trying to create artificial shortages to evoke the idea that there is a lot of demand and generate interest when in fact interest would've been average at best.

/puts tin foil hat away

For the first week or two Sonic was selling out instantly, but after a short while he started becoming fairly available. As for the why, I still say the intentional Nintendo shortage thing is complete nonsense. It was/is a mix of scalpers buying en masse trying to corner the market/build inventory, people who actually want the character all attempting to buy at once, and others panic buying on sight.

-Horizon-

For the first week or two Sonic was selling out instantly, but after a short while he started becoming fairly available. As for the why, I still say the intentional Nintendo shortage thing is complete nonsense. It was/is a mix of scalpers buying en masse trying to corner the market/build inventory, people who actually want the character all attempting to buy at once, and others panic buying on sight.
Sounds more reasonable yeah.

Velcro Fly

25th anniversary for Fire Emblem makes me yearn for the 29th so I can get my Lucina and Robin and have the whole set. Ike and Marth were such a pain to get but I lucked out hardcore with Lucina and Robin assuming Best Buy doesn't cancel them.

Of course if Roy is really DLC he'd get one too. And I wonder if amiibo support would be patched in for him on Code Name Steam.

Ryfferr

Went to the EB Games in the city my uni's at and saw what was probably 90% of the amiibo stock in New Zealand

ANndNPY.jpg

Most were Japanese, just commons.

Also saw several of the GC adapters

Which I would use for Smash if I had a Wii U.

Slightly off topic but I've been considering importing a Wii U from France, I know NZ and France are both PAL so I would assume it would work and accept games from here, just wondering if there's anything else hindering my plan to import one since it's cheaper.

Ferga

I walked into a store today to buy some earphones and somehow found a Lucina and Robin preorder available (Australia, JB hifi)

Holy shit.

Slightly off topic but I've been considering importing a Wii U from France, I know NZ and France are both PAL so I would assume it would work and accept games from here, just wondering if there's anything else hindering my plan to import one since it's cheaper.

You'd need to use an adapter for the power supply and gamepad charger which would be a bit of an annoyance.

CorvoSol

Finally got Mewtwo downloaded, now I wish I could have that sweet, sweet Mewtwo Miibo. That I haven't even seen yet.

Also I wish we were getting Snake so I could have a Snake miibo. Can't even find a good figure online that'd pass off as one.

CorvoSol

Just one of these things right?

ts_nwg2c.jpg

I should probably get around to preordering Mewtwo and Lucas, don't want to put them off for them to end up selling out.

I am violently jealous of people who have time to sit down and think about whether they want to or not, as opposed to the seconds you have to rush through an internet gate to get your preorder and pray it isn't cancelled like America has.

Shauni

It's worth noting here that ever since Wave 2, pre-orders of all characters eventually sold out. Not so quickly and feverishly, of course, but they still did. So, it's really not something I think is actually all that worrying.

Are toys r us in store pre orders still on for the 27th? My store insists they are online only and won't be getting any..

Mine insisted that they are not doing in store preorders and that it will be first come first serve on release date.

Their logic is that they only took 4 preorders for lucario and only got 4 lucario, so everybody who showed up on release date didnt get one because the people who preordered got first dibs and it wasn't fair to everyone else who sat outside and waited all night...

crimnos

Mine insisted that they are not doing in store preorders and that it will be first come first serve on release date.

Their logic is that they only took 4 preorders for lucario and only got 4 lucario, so everybody who showed up on release date didnt get one because the people who preordered got first dibs and it wasn't fair to everyone else who sat outside and waited all night...

I...that doesn't even make any sense, four Lucario is four Lucario, someone's going home disappointed either way. Maybe they're just hoping and praying for a miracle or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom