• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far this is the only amiibo figure I have.

B_ysQCGU8AAOXFC.jpg

Standing next to the Elsa figure I got from Disney Movie Rewards.

I'm currently aiming for Zero Suit Samus and Palutena.

This... Looks at this. Whole wave 4. No bumps no problems to get them, not insane prices to get them. So cool... *cries*

Edit: Damn this shelf only with top tier rare amiibo... Now I understand why it's behind glass and everything.

Germany used to be the promised land for amiibo, but even here it is getting increasingly difficult to get them. I got pretty lucky with wave 4. Made some calls on a hunch and a friendly clerk reserved them all till I picked them up.

And yes, I bought that shelf just for amiibo, lol.

Lucina and Robin, so pretty :) those are the last ones I need that is a beautiful collection u have there

Thanks man! Hope you guys will be as lucky as me.

I will also forever be grateful to Crom who traded the Gold Mario with me!

Crom

B_ysQCGU8AAOXFC.jpg

I see two. Is that the new version of Rosalina for Mario Party?

Crom laughs at his own jokes

Crom

Germany used to be the promised land for amiibo, but even here it is getting increasingly difficult to get them. I got pretty lucky with wave 4. Made some calls on a hunch and a friendly clerk reserved them all till I picked them up.

And yes, I bought that shelf just for amiibo, lol.

Thanks man! Hope you guys will be as lucky as me.

I will also forever be grateful to Crom who traded the Gold Mario with me!

I am too am grateful to you for the plentiful bounty that you gifted me in return. That was awesome of you to throw an extra amiibo in. You didn't have to do that. It could have stayed as a 1 to 1 trade but I appreciate it and now my opened Wave 1-3 sets are complete.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I dont see why they would cancel our orders..it was put on their web site legit, the orders got processed..therefore I dont see a reason for them to cancel it

You should've seen what some of the other websites have done. Nothing is truly secure. Look at EB Games Canada and only able to get 33% of stock to send out.

Gameboy415

B_ysQCGU8AAOXFC.jpg

Dang, they had DI figures up on DMR??
I've got 11,500 points (plus all the recent DMR codes I haven't redeemed yet) to blow on there but they never seem to have any rewards I want, haha.

sphinx

the piano man
America, are you hammering the german amazon site with that F5 key on a daily basis? Availability has never been this bad, ever. I can't think Germany being that crazy about it. Will check stores next week

-Horizon-

America, are you hammering the german amazon site with that F5 key on a daily basis? Availability has never been this bad, ever. I can't think Germany being that crazy about it. Will check stores next week

I've stopped doing that the moment I saw the international shipping price. I won't go out of my way to get something from them unless they're the only ones offering an amiibo I want.

kirby_fox

Banned
I've stopped doing that the moment I saw the international shipping price. I won't go out of my way to get something from them unless they're the only ones offering an amiibo I want.

Yeah, if it's mid-June and there's no sign of Greninja, Ness or Wave 4 anywhere...I'd start looking at Germany.

SaviourMK2

Can you blame us? All my effort has gone into Canad and Japan. The US Market is the worst kind of market, it's unreliable. GameStop said isn't trying, Amazon is dragging it's feet, and nothing stays in stock plus, we have to deal with stupid store exclusives.

Only idiots deal with the US market.

-Horizon-

Yeah, if it's mid-June and there's no sign of Greninja, Ness or Wave 4 anywhere...I'd start looking at Germany.

Germany has bad shipping in terms of cost, UK has it bad as well. And the exchange rate for the pound doesn't help matters.

France is better. If you can find the amiibo you want lol

Can you blame us? All my effort has gone into Canad and Japan. The US Market is the worst kind of market, it's unreliable. GameStop said isn't trying, Amazon is dragging it's feet, and nothing stays in stock plus, we have to deal with stupid store exclusives.

Only idiots deal with the US market.

I really can't blame you guys. Those store exclusives are completely ridiculous and I don't understand how NOA can get away with it. In-box collectors in the US must be masochists.

You should've seen what some of the other websites have done. Nothing is truly secure. Look at EB Games Canada and only able to get 33% of stock to send out.

If that is the case that is some serious BS..so I have to wait til May 29th to know if my orders will be canceled or not?

SaviourMK2

Germany has bad shipping in terms of cost, UK has it bad as well. And the exchange rate for the pound doesn't help matters.

No Villager though T-T

...you're not wrong. That's all I got to say. The amount of money, is worth the trade off. If I have to pay a little more to guarantee getting a amiibo, so be it.

I feel it is. The US market is notorious for cancellations, and delays. We where the LAST to get our Wave 3. At least I'm guaranteed the product.

I really can't blame you guys. Those store exclusives are completely ridiculous and I don't understand how NOA can get away with it. In-box collectors in the US must be masochists.

Unfortunately... I'm an inbox masochist. It's super painful for me, considering my WFT and Marth are Japanese, and I'm so desperate for a Villager, I'll take an opened one. But I won't stoop to scalper level.

I'm not that pitiful yet.

kirby_fox

Banned

Didn't Amazon France stop their imports of these?

I got Villager and Marth from Amazon.de but it was way more than I wanted to spend. I'd up it to $15 for the rest of Wave 4 that I don't have locally if I could...

I wonder how much it'd cost me to just go to a distributor and buy directly at this point...

sphinx

the piano man
the situation has gotten worse with every wave.

the one with Ike, Rosalina, Bowser, etc was fairly allright, every amiibo minus rosalina was pre-orderable at all times.

then the next wave came, the one with Meta Knight and King DDD and all of a sudden those two and Shulk were never ever pre-orderable but you could still get Mega Man and Sonic

check right now, NOTHING from the new wave is available and has never been.

I'd bet money this is people from Canada, México, Nicaragua, etc. that have it even worse than the US and are willing to pay whatever price necessary to secure their figurines.

...you're not wrong. That's all I got to say. The amount of money, is worth the trade off. If I have to pay a little more to guarantee getting a amiibo, so be it.

That's been my philosophy for the past couple of waves. I've been telling myself "a bird in hand..." over and over again. Better to just go ahead and pay more for an import than worry about NA pre-orders (especially with the exclusives). With pre-orders if you happen to catch it in the 5 minutes it's up you never know it will go through till the moment it's in your hands. I really don't want to resort to buying from resellers but for Jigglypuff and Greninja that's looking increasingly likely.

Speaking of which, maybe I missed it earlier in the thread, but it appears Play-Asia already had Wave 5 sell out. They have listings for them under "Pre-order" but the prices are listed as "N/A" and each product page says the pre-orders are sold out. Is there any chance they'll get more pre-orders up?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
If that is the case that is some serious BS..so I have to wait til May 29th to know if my orders will be canceled or not?

We're all in the same boat. I think I recall tons of orders getting cancelled from Wave 2, and I think Walmart.com was one of the cuplrits...

This is Amiibo. Nothing is secure.

:(

-Horizon-

No Villager though T-T

I feel it is. The US market is notorious for cancellations, and delays. We where the LAST to get our Wave 3. At least I'm guaranteed the product.

Unfortunately... I'm an inbox masochist. It's super painful for me, considering my WFT and Marth are Japanese, and I'm so desperate for a Villager, I'll take an opened one. But I won't stoop to scalper level.

I'm not that pitiful yet.
Villager was up on Play Asia as a reprint a couple days ago (last week?) >.>

Didn't Amazon France stop their imports of these?

I got Villager and Marth from Amazon.de but it was way more than I wanted to spend. I'd up it to $15 for the rest of Wave 4 that I don't have locally if I could...

I wonder how much it'd cost me to just go to a distributor and buy directly at this point...

Really? Well, that's news to me lol *removes amazon france bookmark*

We're all in the same boat. I think I recall tons of orders getting cancelled from Wave 2, and I think Walmart.com was one of the cuplrits...

This is Amiibo. Nothing is secure.

:(

So I guess it doesn't matter when the order was placed, ANYONE'S order can be canceled? That is ridiculous and I hope it doesnt happen to me. I already canceled my amazon UK order for Charizard and Wario(I kept Ness since I know that getting Ness from gamestop will be impossible) because I Really wanted the US release of these amiibos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom