• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
snagged Pac-Man and Wario. Those were the only two I was interested in. Now bring on Splatoon please!

Don't use BB enough for GCU, don't care to. I wasn't going to buy all 5 anyway, I just want Lucina and Robin.

Will gladly wait for it to go on Amazon so I can get my free Prime Shipping and use my gift cards there.

I'm thinking I'm done, I'll pick up the ones from this wave I want and then get out while I can. I can't collect them all cause I have a job and don't have time to constantly check other sites for them to pop up. I'll be satisfied to have the fire emblem characters and then splatoon. Don't think I'll worry about any more unless they do more the FE if or the SMTxFE.

jls

Neo Member
i keep looking at my order page, blown away that I scored them.

i'm going to be shamed so hard for this but....

what game are Lucina and Robin from?

Fire Emblem Awakening! It's really good, I didn't think I was into strategy/turn based tactics but I've had a blast! I just got it recently.

jmizzal

o1OpVsv.png

Right at the "confirm order" button. :(

If anyone's getting an extra Lucina, I'd love one.

Happened to me too

Gamestop it is
No way they sell out of all of Lucina, Robin and Ness before I get there in the middle of the day

G0523

Damn, I overdrafted because of this Best Buy order. Hopefully my bank doesn't charge me for authorization holds.

Well this sucks, I had Lucina and Robin but was gonna add pac man to get free shipping and basically get him free...but I couldn't reorder them after I cancelled the one with only the two...not the best move but oh well

Happened to me too

Gamestop it is
No way they sell out of all of Lucina, Robin and Ness before I get there in the middle of the day

I let my dad borrow my car today so he could go to work, so I can't go to Gamestop for preorders.

I'm pretty much fucked on getting the two I want (Ness and Lucina).

Gartooth

I'm so fucking done with Amiibo. This is NOT HOW IT SHOULD FUCKING BE. I didn't get fucking Lucina OR Robin and I added them the SECOND THEY WERE FUCKING AVAILABLE.

GOD DAMMIT.

The dream isn't dead yet!
Unless you are like me and missed Jigglypuff. :(

Fox Mulder

I'm so fucking done with Amiibo. This is NOT HOW IT SHOULD FUCKING BE. I didn't get fucking Lucina OR Robin and I added them the SECOND THEY WERE FUCKING AVAILABLE.

GOD DAMMIT.

Nintendo loves it. If lucina or robin were easily available in store, they'd have a ton of unsold stock of niche characters.

This way they get a frenzy going and get to make fewer.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
This has been enlightening.

That port strike thing was nothing but PR bullshit. NOA is just incapable of meeting demand.

Screw it I will just get them when they are released, this is ridiculous, I tried ordering I kept on getting OOPS SOMETHING WENT WRONG when trying to sign in

batfax

Oh well for Lucy. I only wanted her because I had a BB giftcard I've been wanting to use anyway. I'll just gladly accept her Figma. Shame I won't be using her in STEAM though.

I've been wanting Lucina since day 1, and I won't be begging yet since Amazon has't gone up yet. But I won't be able to make it to Gamestop in time today so that sucks.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This has been enlightening.

That port strike thing was nothing but PR bullshit. NOA is just incapable of meeting demand.

There are still 2 months until release. They could be doing this in waves like the Gold Mario preorder.

AdanVC

GOD DAMMIT.

It is going to be Wave 3 nightmare all over again. My deepest fear. I tought Nintendo took all this time with wave 4 because they were fixing all the mess so wave 4 can be a breeze to get but looks like it just got worse. People have been waiting so long for them that the second preorders are up, the second it's sold out. Now I'm worried I will never get Ness or Pac-Man wich are the only ones I want from wave 4 :'((((((((((((((((

You can get free shipping on bestbuy.com if you add $35 worth of stuff in your cart. Ship the item(s) you want and select in store pick up for the items you don't want and you'll get free shipping. Someone in the GCU thread mentioned this and it works. I've done it before.

Came back to my computer after making some foods to see the preorders were up. Got to watch Lucina and then Robin disappear from my cart as I added in the rest. Fun times, fun times.

Can anyone tell me what their orders are showing? My sales tax is beyond weird.

I have $0.92 for 4 of the Amiibos and then Charizard has a $0.93 Sales Tax.

dodgeme

Pretty sure I caught the skus the second they went up. Kept refreshing my search and got lucky. All 5 are mine. Just need ness and Greninja now.

love the madness in the amiibo thread. Don't collect them but still enjoy following what's happening. Nintendo provides so much salt

RoyalFool

Banned
Amazon.co.uk have them all, says unavailable but if you drill into details you can pre-order. Got ness, charlizzard, wario and pacman.

Kalyst

Neo Member
Grats to everyone who managed to snag their Wave 4s from best Buy!

And good luck to everyone who's rustling up Gamestop within the next hour or so for their W4 preorders I'll be heading out in a bit :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom