• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

jls

Neo Member
*faceplam* i've played that damn game lol

Hahaha really? Only some of the main protagonists... Although there are a million people to keep track of lol.

Oh god that new FE game is split into 2 games. I bet there is going to be exclusive Amiibo for each game.

Isn't that only confirmed for Japan so far? People were discussing it yesterday and it seemed like US direct kept on referring to it as "game." Unless there has been more news.

Robin and Lucina were the popular ones? Damn.

I ordered a Pac-Man for $20 but I'm not sure if I even want it.

They were always going to be the popular ones, even if they're not the most popular characters. Bet availability is going to be super super low for whatever shitty reason by Nintendo.

Beckx

Welp. See the tweets, go to BB Robin/Lucina page, have live pre-order buttons, nothing but errors.

They're still there, those live buttons, still giving nothing but errors.

Amazon, don't fail me now.

D-Stubbs

Was lying in bed reading GAF on my phone and saw the reddit link that Best Buy pre orders might go up soon. Get up and hop on my computer and the second I do Line starts buzzing on my phone. Damn looking at the comments I can't believe I snagged a Robin and Lucina. I feel very lucky.

You can get free shipping on bestbuy.com if you add $35 worth of stuff in your cart. Ship the item(s) you want and select in store pick up for the items you don't want and you'll get free shipping. Someone in the GCU thread mentioned this and it works. I've done it before.

Yeah. Ordered the FE people and Pac Man just now and I wasn't charged for shipping. Just tax.

Now all of a sudden I am freaking out if my preorder ends up getting a "Sorry, we don't have this" e-mail...

Man that Bestbuy shiping is killer.

I ordered Lucina & Pacman (The only ones I care about) along with a preorder of Splatoon to offset shipping costs.

Bestbuy doesn't charge you right away right? They only place an auth I think?

shandy706

Well darn, no notification for those pre-orders.

The ironic thing....I was registering my massive stock of Amiibos with the Wii U we just got, LOL.

Darn you Nintendo.

Fire Emblem Awakening! It's really good, I didn't think I was into strategy/turn based tactics but I've had a blast! I just got it recently.
Yeah, if you like the Strategy RPG genre, Fire Emblem: Awakening is really good.
Also do not really blame you since all FE Amiibos have been rare now.
Glad I got the collection though.

Ugh. I didn't see the Best Buy links until Robin and Lucina were gone. I still got the other three, but then Wario sold out while I was putting in CC info, so they charged me $5 shipping on Charizard and Pac-Man each.

I just cancelled everything.

ichbinmiah

Neo Member
For what it's worth- I snagged Robin and Pac-Man and completed my purchase -- a full 5 minutes before the NowinStock text alerts just now reached my phone.

Probably mostly the fault of my carrier and it's a neat site regardless, but it's not the instantaneous "drop everything and buy" solution I was hoping would help me snag the rarest of these Amiibo. With a few-minute lag like that, it's more of a "you missed it again" alert than an "act now" alert, isn't it. :/

Jobbs

Banned
I got lucina/robin/charizard preordered from best buy, but I so do not trust best buy with stuff like this so I don't feel safe at all.

still really salty about missing jiggypuff.

Man that Bestbuy shiping is killer.

I ordered Lucina & Pacman (The only ones I care about) along with a preorder of Splatoon to offset shipping costs.

Bestbuy doesn't charge you right away right? They only place an auth I think?

So far, my account hasn't been charged and I ordered like 10 mins ago. Just an authorization from what I've been reading here.

AdanVC

love the madness in the amiibo thread. Don't collect them but still enjoy following what's happening. Nintendo provides so much salt

WAT?? Not funny at al!! :'( Those who really want to get them are literally in hell right now cuz they sold out IN SECONDS.

ash321

This has been enlightening.

That port strike thing was nothing but PR bullshit. NOA is just incapable of meeting demand.

It is going to be Wave 3 nightmare all over again. My deepest fear. I tought Nintendo took all this time with wave 4 because they were fixing all the mess so wave 4 can be a breeze to get but looks like it just got worse. People have been waiting so long for them that the second preorders are up, the second it's sold out. Now I'm worried I will never get Ness or Pac-Man wich are the only ones I want from wave 4 :'((((((((((((((((
It's one store guys, wait for amazon target and Walmart.
Also pacman not as popular as we though.

damn i forgot to hit the confirm on the 3 "common" ones. wario charizard and Pacman. Now 2 of the 3 are gone and i have to pay shipping. not the first time. at least i got Robin and Lucina. It is a bad amiibo day today sigh

The only one I even want in this wave is Charizard. Can't believe they're already sold out of preorders on Best Buy. I'm hoping he won't be that rare, but who knows.

Man, I remember that I actually forbade myself for ever ordering from BestBuy ever since they did not get me Smash/GCU adapter on time... And look at me now.

I don't feel safe with BB at all.

Boogiepop

It wouldn't add most of them and stole Robin and Charizard from my cart. Goddamn it. This really sucks, and all because I'm on my stupid phone.

Thank you BB for throw preorders up before Gamestop.

Got all 5 with GCU and free release date shipping. ^_^

Now to head to Gamestop and try to get Ness... hopefully that goes better than Target did this morning.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I got lucina/robin/charizard preordered from best buy, but I so do not trust best buy with stuff like this so I don't feel safe at all.

still really salty about missing jiggypuff.

BestBuy ship to home is generally safe. Very few people have had cancelations, and they are revamping their shipping procedures because of a number of complaints regarding bubble mailers.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
According to the guy who posted about BB over on Reddit, it sounds like they're working on getting them up later today at some point. He said he'd let people know in that Reddit thread when he learns anything.

Awesome, I really want to snag them at Best Buy because of the GCU discount. Thanks for the update!

Thank goodness. Got them all from BB.

Still sad about Jiggly though. I wanted her the most.

She'll most likely pop up again. This time with an official announcement from Target.

I predicted Gold Mario would pop up again seconds before he actually did when the first initial preorders happened.

So don't worry lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom