• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADGAME

Ordered some Amiibo cases, they arrived today and boy am I happy with them. They are fold-able plastic but are light, strong and stackable without stressing the box underneath. You can stack upright or laying flat, and perfect if you ever need to put them in storage.

Amiibo%20Cases_zpsv9tch79h.jpg

Oh and my doubles are up for trades...just saying.

Ordered some Amiibo cases, they arrived today and boy am I happy with them. They are fold-able plastic but are light, strong and stackable without stressing the box underneath. You can stack upright or laying flat, and perfect if you ever need to put them in storage.

Where did you get those and how much?

Mob

Uhh. No?

We have no idea what is causing the supply issue and it could well enough be entirely out of their hands. Nintendo does not control the United States retail chain. They've rather obviously fixed/solved the issue in Europe and Japan... so that only leaves us with one rather sensible option: retail is fucked in the states well and beyond any actual control Nintendo can force.

Um, not speaking for the whole of the EU but they've not fixed or solved anything for the UK.

The only difference between UK & US as far as I can see is we don't have to deal with the bs retailer exclusives.

MADGAME

Where did you get those and how much?

I ordered them here http://retroprotection.com/category...1395AF405D3F826.m1plqscsfapp04?categoryId=138

Fast shipping, and great experience. The guy lowered his price over the weekend after I made my purchase, and refunded me the difference on his own. He sent me a message saying he found someone selling them cheaper, and even though the competitor's product isn't on par with the quality of his, didn't want me to feel stiffed in any way.

He won my business for sure.

Hedgey

Uhh. No?

We have no idea what is causing the supply issue and it could well enough be entirely out of their hands. Nintendo does not control the United States retail chain. They've rather obviously fixed/solved the issue in Europe and Japan... so that only leaves us with one rather sensible option: retail is fucked in the states well and beyond any actual control Nintendo can force.

It's definitely not fixed in Japan. I had to literally run into a local Bic Camera to get a Ness. They were gone in minutes. It will be fixed when Nintendo finally creates enough toys to meet demand, and drives scalpers consistently out of business and out of the market.

Vena

It's definitely not fixed in Japan. I had to literally run into a local Bic Camera to get a Ness. They were gone in minutes. It will be fixed when Nintendo finally creates enough toys to meet demand, and drives scalpers consistently out of business and out of the market.

Wave 4 is a bitch everywhere.

I see doubles of both Pit and Captain Falcon and I need both, so what do you need? Although it looks like you are full on Dedede when he is one of the few rares that I have a couple of.

Oops sorry! I'm too excited haha

They look so good in person. I love them.

Did you just spend all the money or something? That was some good packaging.

Do you mind trading one Rosalina for a Jigglypuff or Greninja?

Holy crap, did you just start collecting them?

I realized what my shelf would look like now had I kept all of them boxed.

I see doubles of both Pit and Captain Falcon and I need both, so what do you need? Although it looks like you are full on Dedede when he is one of the few rares that I have a couple of.

Did you just spend all the money or something? That was some good packaging.

I started a couple weeks into wave 3. I kept seeing Link at the store as the main one I wanted so I held off waiting for a sale. Then I couldn't get Mega Man when he released and that was my next one I really wanted. Once I found it and got it, I instantly got addicted and the collector side of me took over. I never thought any of them would be limited.

kirby_fox

Banned
I started a couple weeks into wave 3. I kept seeing Link at the store as the main one I wanted so I held off waiting for a sale. Then I couldn't get Mega Man when he released and that was my next one I really wanted. Once I found it and got it, I instantly got addicted and the collector side of me took over. I never thought any of them would be limited.

A tale as old as time...mostly as old as November 2014 though.

A tale as old as time...mostly as old as November 2014 though.

Haha yea fortunately I hit a pretty good deal on them. But so far this current wave, not as much luck. 7am wasn't early enough for Greninja. Based on Best Buy's supposed quantities, May 29th will be pretty crazy.

Drago

Felt like changing up how I display my amiibo, and I felt like taking a pic because why not. Went for a group look, putting series chars close together and distanced from other series. It'll really look great once I finally have all the Smash amiibo (plus the Splatoon ones), whenever that is. Soon enough...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

I'll have a Lucina and a Robin for trade once they come out at the end of the month. If you're willing to part with a Rosalina for one of them...

NateDrake

I ordered them here http://retroprotection.com/category...1395AF405D3F826.m1plqscsfapp04?categoryId=138

Fast shipping, and great experience. The guy lowered his price over the weekend after I made my purchase, and refunded me the difference on his own. He sent me a message saying he found someone selling them cheaper, and even though the competitor's product isn't on par with the quality of his, didn't want me to feel stiffed in any way.

He won my business for sure.

I may look into these. I need a nice clean way of stacking the amiibo I won't be opening & I thought of designing a shelving unit to do so, but these may be a better idea.

G0523

So summer's around the corner and I wonder if this is on anyone else's mind:

Do you guys think that amiibo can stand the sunlight? My amiibo are displayed near windows so when it's sunny outside it shines through and I sometimes wonder if my amiibo will melt or worse. Anyone have any experience with this? Possibly with Skylanders or other similar toys?

-Horizon-

So summer's around the corner and I wonder if this is on anyone else's mind:

Do you guys think that amiibo can stand the sunlight? My amiibo are displayed near windows so when it's sunny outside it shines through and I sometimes wonder if my amiibo will melt or worse. Anyone have any experience with this? Possibly with Skylanders or other similar toys?
Wasn't a trick to fix some of the bent swords and poses to gently heat them? I can't imagine leaving them in a sunny area for half a day can be the best for them. I don't think they'll melt but they might become a little bit soft and more malleable to the touch.

Neoxon

Went Amiibo shopping at the Legendary Super Target (along with a random Best Buy & Walmart I passed by on the way there) last Saturday after Free Comic Book Day.

Mo8JcgA.jpg
jaLb8d3.jpg
Fuw72qq.jpg
cE3scCW.jpg
S5WuKvI.jpg
pE4ZWvQ.jpg
giV7ydO.jpg
PdSCvXU.jpg
9bWZ99a.jpg

Ibuki

Banned
I am thinking about getting out of the amiibo game. I already opened all mine, I think it will be way too hard to ship them all out. I wish I could just offload them all to a collector for retail and be done with it.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

DooD1234

Neoxon, you should have kept your mouth shut so you can have your own personal amiibo shopping store. Holy cow I can't believe you found all those NA rare amiibo like Little Mac and Villager but forgot Rosalina whole you're at it lol.

Neoxon

Neoxon, you should have kept your mouth shut so you can have your own personal amiibo shopping store. Holy cow I can't believe you found all those NA rare amiibo like Little Mac and Villager but forgot Rosalina whole you're at it lol.
That just occurred to me. Though the last time I mentioned the Super Target, it got raided by AmiiboGAF lurkers (the employees said that a shit-ton of people just came in & went for the Amiibos out of the blue). Only half their stock remained.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Nice to see a fellow JoJo fan.

L9B9Dvh.gif

Made the GIF myself! You'd better be caught up to the most recent Part 8 chapter. I've been getting a lot of AmiiboGAF to start reading/watching JoJo on LINE. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom