• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

L9B9Dvh.gif

Made the GIF myself! You'd better be caught up to the most recent Part 8 chapter. I've been getting a lot of AmiiboGAF to start reading/watching JoJo on LINE. ;D
Mind if you get me on LINE?

MADGAME

I'll have a Lucina and a Robin for trade once they come out at the end of the month. If you're willing to part with a Rosalina for one of them...
I have all of wave 4 secured except Greninja, but once I collect the smash line I'm liquidating my doubles to Gaffers at cost.

I may look into these. I need a nice clean way of stacking the amiibo I won't be opening & I thought of designing a shelving unit to do so, but these may be a better idea.
I'm really liking them. Economical, stackable, and sturdy enough for the purpose. The guy selling them ships super fast.

Here's my proof.
Im41KQK.jpg
Can't believe there are still wave 1 Unicorns in the wild. Unreal. So jealous! Happy for you and hate you at the same time :)

Went Amiibo shopping at the Legendary Super Target (along with a random Best Buy & Walmart I passed by on the way there) last Saturday after Free Comic Book Day.

Gah. I swear, there are none of those left in NA, but there are even less than none left within a 100 mile radius of me.

That new Villager face looks so much better. I hope that through one of these restocks we can nab one.

Amazon is taking it's sweet time with these preorders. We signed up for a free month of Prime just for Wave 4 and it's now about to expire.

Armaly

Saw this thread and thought I was done with amiibos. Then I remembered I still need to snag Lucas to finish my set. e_e

well only target stores are getting jiggly so it should be expected they are getting a lot of Jigglys, just like rosalina

4 max of both lucina and robin = RIP , jeez i feel bad for fire emblem fans which is hilarious since fire emblem 3DS sold like half a million copies, the fan base is huge

SeanTSC

well only target stores are getting jiggly so it should be expected they are getting a lot of Jigglys, just like rosalina

4 max of both lucina and robin = RIP , jeez i feel bad for fire emblem fans which is hilarious since fire emblem 3DS sold like half a million copies, the fan base is huge

Best selling Fire Emblem game ever. Thus, we'll not stock them for shit!

Fucking Nintendo.

1up

Anyone have plans for the 29th? I'm planning on going to Walmart at 1030/11pm (its 24 hours), and hopefully grab all I can. Target opens at 8am and Toys R Us opens at 10am.

I also have a wedding that night at 6. It's gonna be a long day.

-Horizon-

Anyone have plans for the 29th? I'm planning on going to Walmart at 1030/11pm (its 24 hours), and hopefully grab all I can. Target opens at 8am and Toys R Us opens at 10am.

I also have a wedding that night at 6. It's gonna be a long day.

Eh, weddings are overrated. Amiibos are forever.

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
Yeah...yeah :( Bad time to finally get into the series.

Yeah, I was stunned. Marth I totally get and would let go, but Lucy and Robin? Really? It must be "some figures are more expensive" logic they brought up before because FE is hot right now.

I'm sure it's been discussed here before but how opposed would people be to the idea of paying a few extra dollars for specific amiibo? It sets a slippery slope for sure but if the choices are be ready in a 10 minute window at all times or pay 15 for a select set of characters I will take the latter. Especially if it means more people get what they want.

I've had Wednesday and Thursday nights off for months now, so I've been planning to camp out Thursday night at Target. But we've had 3 people quit at work in the last two weeks (out of a crew of 16) and two of them were forklift drivers, so I expect our schedules to change. If they do, I have a strong suspicion I'm going to be sick that Thursday afternoon and Friday night too so I can claim 8 hours of PTO. I finally got forklift certified on 5/2 and haven't missed a day of work or been late once since starting this job last August.

amiibo Wave 4 - Amazon UK ARRIVED

Got the notification for pick up yesterday on May 4th, the estimated date on the order said May 11th, got them 1 week early.

My friend is going to be so pumped! I told him I have to have my time checking them out before handing them over, he is an OoB collector so he is set. I am NA NiB sooooo....still waiting for May 29th....

OdO8LwY.jpg

I love Ness, but those eyes, man. What was in that coffee?

Got the notification for pick up yesterday on May 4th, the estimated date on the order said May 11th, got them 1 week early.

My friend is going to be so pumped! I told him I have to have my time checking them out before handing them over, he is an OoB collector so he is set. I am NA NiB sooooo....still waiting for May 29th....

I'm pretty happy with how all of Wave 4 looks so far. Nintendo has definitely gotten better at manufacturing these. We've come a long way from the days of Marf.

RootCause

I need Lucina soooo bad. :(

RootCause

The pain is all too real. :p

I have Robin, and Lucina reserved, but I have no faith in them coming through. Missed on Greninja, and Silver Mario might not have preorders. I wish nintendo would sell them directly from their site. Just take preorders for a month(non-refundable).

mantis23

The obvious easy solution would be for Nintendo to take orders in advance and produce that amount. The downside is that something like that would take FOREVER. Its got to be at least 6 months from design to delivery. I doubt people could handle that kind of wait.

Hey there, folks! Apologies for the delay, but it's without further ado that I can finally say that my custom Mega Man commission project is finally complete and in my possession! I promised pics, so here we go!:

pAXTmEFh.jpg

bkqFnhth.jpg

sfNQWTah.jpg

WtNMfy5h.jpg

SO AMAZING. I LOVE 'EM!

You can see individual pics here: http://tinyurl.com/oy33465

I'd post them all here, but it'd kill the thread to be blasted by more custom Mega Mans than are already on display, haha. Thanks to everyone who rooted for me to get these guys! So glad to FINALLY be able to show them off here!!

RootCause

The obvious easy solution would be for Nintendo to take orders in advance and produce that amount. The downside is that something like that would take FOREVER. Its got to be at least 6 months from design to delivery. I doubt people could handle that kind of wait.
I think they would, if it's guaranteed. Not having to hunt them down, or compete against scalpers with Internet scripts would be more than enough incentive to wait. IMO
Either way it'll never happen. Nintendo seems to want to be done with the smash line, and move into smaller series.

AdanVC

Hey there, folks! Apologies for the delay, but it's without further ado that I can finally say that my custom Mega Man commission project is finally complete and in my possession! I promised pics, so here we go!:

pAXTmEFh.jpg

bkqFnhth.jpg

sfNQWTah.jpg

WtNMfy5h.jpg

SO AMAZING. I LOVE 'EM!

You can see individual pics here: http://tinyurl.com/oy33465

I'd post them all here, but it'd kill the thread to be blasted by more custom Mega Mans than are already on display, haha. Thanks to everyone who rooted for me to get these guys! So glad to FINALLY be able to show them off here!!

Holy DAMN!!!! They look amazing! It must be great to finally have them in your possesion. I still remember when you were planning this project waaay before the Megaman amiibo released. Congrats! The paint job looks legit on each one omg

Holy DAMN!!!! They look amazing! It must be great to finally have them in your possesion. I still remember when you were planning this project waaay before the Megaman amiibo released. Congrats! The paint job looks legit on each one omg
It's so great, yeah! It feels like so long ago that I planned this, and I get excited whenever I see the fruits of my planning finally on display here in my collection!

Dragoshi1

I'm wondering if I should cave and get an import Lucina off of Amazon.

She's currently hovering around $46, with prime shipping, and I reckon it would come out roughly to the same price if I went with a typical import store.

Unless I can trade Gold Mario or Rosalina for her.

Jawmuncher

She's currently hovering around $46, with prime shipping, and I reckon it would come out roughly to the same price if I went with a typical import store.

46 seems very high for her. Import from Japan on ebay hovers around 35-36

Price is too high... I've never caved in and bought an amiibo above MSRP yet and I do not plan to.

If I was in your position, I'd either wait it out or trade.

-Horizon-

That is too expensive, don't do it. $30 should be the max for these pieces of plastic.

And even that sounds really dumb to pay for once I typed it out.

Dragoshi1

That is too expensive, don't do it. $30 should be the max for these pieces of plastic.

And even that sounds really dumb to pay for once I typed it out.

I usually take into account shipping fees on Amazon, since places like Playasia or Amiami will charge almost 20 bucks for shipping.

But I can wait for it to get lower or trade. But apparently they're out and about in Japan, then?

donny2112

Got Lucina and Robin in the mail from Amazon.co.uk over the last couple of days. Perfect condition. Love the details on these. No nerfed faces or other problems. Swords are free, so not getting bent like the Marth one does in box sometimes. Hopefully they do another reprint of these when the FE 3DS game comes out next year, since that game will have Amiibo support with it, so more people can get it without resorting to very high prices. (-_-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom