• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisD

The new Villager has a serious case of droopy face. Just a tiny bit higher for the whole face and it would have been better than the original. :(

Mistle

Saw a few Marths and Ikes in general retail in Australia. This is after a long drought. Wonder if they'll go back to being rare once sold out, or if they'll keep em decently stocked from now on

Maengun1

I like the new Villager alteration better than the old one. Wonder how available they'll be....I never really tried to get a Villager before (and good luck if I had) but he and Olimar (who I'm planning to get) are the only Mario Kart mii costumes I'm missing.

Nintendo got me good

Joei

Ok so I'm finally going to give in and buy an amiibo. Live in Aus so most of them are available. I'm tossing up between SSB Peach, Kirby, Pikmin, Jigglypuff, Rosalina, Toon Link and splatoon Amiibo. I own SSB and MK8, and I want to own Splatoon, Pikmin 3 & Toad Treasure Tracker (But the first two cost $80AUD). Can anyone help me decide?

Toad Amiibo for Captain Toad is worth it. Aside from the Amiibo looking good, it has a neat function in CT to extend the play-through a little. I don't know if you own Hyrule Warriors or plan on getting it (from a non-musou gamer, HW is totally rad and worth it), but Link and other Zelda based ones have their use (a new weapon for Link and powered up weapons for the other characters) so Link and Zelda ones could be worth it as well.

1t3RXml.png

Real quick photoshop I threw together on the right Villager face. Just brought it up a few MM

ExVicis

1t3RXml.png

Real quick photoshop I threw together on the right Villager face. Just brought it up a few MM

Much much better.

Ever since someone pointed out the neither of the Amiibos are how Villager actually looks I can't help but think now that both of them look really awful and deformed. I almost question now how he can be worth so much.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Been out of the loop for a bit but trying to return!

Woolly Yoshi go up anywhere for US buyers yet?

YSkNTAx.gif

still no Amazon still no Amazon still no Amazon still no Amazon still no Amazon WHAT ARE THEY DOING

SaviourMK2

Are there any other pictures of Villager to even verify this is the new design?

Are we sure someone just didnt get lucky and get a defect one

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
1t3RXml.png

I was gonna post how if the eyes on the 2nd edition were a bit higher, it'd be perfect. Now I have actual proof.

2nd one is still better looking than the first print, but now it looks like he has a big forehead.

If you don't care about Japanese packaging, here is a way to get some amiibo for $23. That's not too bad, is it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amiibo-Robi...f0a0250&pid=100034&rk=1&rkt=8&sd=261848103693

They have Ness, Robin, Lucina, Wario, Charizard, Pac-Man, Little Mac, Mega Man, Villager, Captain Falcon.

They are $17 + $6 shipping and then $4 shipping for each additional one.

NEVERMIND! They are different prices once you select from the dropdown. I thought they were all $17.

kirby_fox

Banned
Sooooo, I missed Lucina and Robin didn't I?!

I quit.

I mean...Amazon isn't up yet. If they ever go up.

And there could be a ton actually in stores. We only know the preorders sold out and we have no idea how many were up for preorder. The only ones you're going to be hurting for are the exclusives.

Villager is mine! Found him for $35 on ebay. Couldn't resist :)

That finishes up wave 1-3 for me. Now I just have to get wave 4. I have Ness on lockdown but still need the rest.

bigkrev

Nintendo statement on status of Amiibos

We appreciate the enthusiasm that our fans continue to show toward amiibo. Sales for the product have exceeded our expectations. We understand how frustrating it can be at times if consumers are unable to find certain figures, and we apologize for that.
We’re trying to meet the demands of our fans and consumers by increasing the amount of amiibo we manufacture and ship to retail. We may continue to see consumer demand outpace supply levels for certain characters at times, but we will do our best to prevent that from happening.

As our library of amiibo continues to grow, some figures will be easier to find than others. We are constantly looking for the opportunity to reissue amiibo and are already making plans to bring back some currently out-of-stock amiibo figures. Stay tuned for details.

Nintendo plans to make it easier for consumers to know when new amiibo are on the way, through Nintendo press announcements, timely updates on our social media channels and working closely with retailers.

We remain committed to keeping amiibo affordable and easy to access as a platform to enhance game-play experiences. These plans include Animal Crossing amiibo cards that will become available by the end of 2015, and a free-to-download app for Wii U called amiibo tap: Nintendo’s Greatest Bits that launched on April 30, 2015, that lets consumers enjoy playable scenes from certain NES and Super NES games with amiibo.

Tl,dr: itsfuckingnothing.gif

ChrisD

1t3RXml.png

Proof positive of the best possible Villager.

What's this about GameStop's Bundle and horror stories? I'm counting on that going through without issues to get Lucina and Robin...

Velcro Fly

I want those animal crossing cards

Will literally buy an entire box if they are blind packs

I just fucking want them

Also it's good they are reprinting stuff. Would be swell to reprint some store exclusives like Rosalina too.

Saw this posted on their facebook about 20 minutes ago.

We appreciate the enthusiasm that our fans continue to show toward amiibo. Sales for the product have exceeded our expectations. We understand how frustrating it can be at times if consumers are unable to find certain figures, and we apologize for that.
We’re trying to meet the demands of our fans and consumers by increasing the amount of amiibo we manufacture and ship to retail. We may continue to see consumer demand outpace supply levels for certain characters at times, but we will do our best to prevent that from happening.
As our library of amiibo continues to grow, some figures will be easier to find than others.

We are constantly looking for the opportunity to reissue amiibo and are already making plans to bring back some currently out-of-stock amiibo figures. Stay tuned for details.

Nintendo plans to make it easier for consumers to know when new amiibo are on the way, through Nintendo press announcements, timely updates on our social media channels and working closely with retailers.
We remain committed to keeping amiibo affordable and easy to access as a platform to enhance game-play experiences. These plans include Animal Crossing amiibo cards that will become available by the end of 2015, and a free-to-download app for Wii U called amiibo tap: Nintendo’s Greatest Bits that launched on April 30, 2015, that lets consumers enjoy playable scenes from certain NES and Super NES games with amiibo.

If Marth is flooded I'll see it as Nintendo listening and things are changing

If its like before then the great flood x restock will happen during the holiday season

bumpkin

I want those animal crossing cards

Will literally buy an entire box if they are blind packs

I just fucking want them

Also it's good they are reprinting stuff. Would be swell to reprint some store exclusives like Rosalina too.
I'd probably do the same. Of course then we'll have to hope they aren't going to pull a fast one and make it impossible to get an entire set without buying more than one box.

Does anyone know how the Pokemon booster pack boxes fare as far as that goes?

Velcro Fly

I'd probably do the same. Of course then we'll have to hope they aren't going to pull a fast one and make it impossible to get an entire set without buying more than one box.

Does anyone know how the Pokemon booster pack boxes fare as far as that goes?

My only worry is availability. I mean it's cards they should be available but I don't trust Nintendo to not fuck it up somehow.

I mean the KI:U AR cards were given away at stuff like PAX and never even made it to NA Club Nintendo or anywhere else easy to get. I will never forgive them for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom