• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
welp I listed my amiibos in the BST thread. pray 4 me.

ibhEUJL0hOExrO.gif

DooD1234

Has greninja and jigglypuff ever reappeared to order from like anywhere at all? I just need those 2. Is anyone beside Marth showing signs of restocks coming soon?

Also, what are you some of doing to protect your amiibos from the summer heat?

Akim

Banned
$500

SHIT

tbh man, commons are a hard sell now, you might be better off doing all rares x unicorns for close to ebay prices than list the commons for not cheap but kinda cheap

Sadly 500 is almost what the ebay prices would be for the rares/unicorns. I'm just throwing in 23 commons :p

rjinaz

Sadly 500 is almost what the ebay prices would be for the rares/unicorns. I'm just throwing in 23 commons :p

Yeah that's going to be a hard sell to most on GAF. Most won't pay more than at cost here.

It looks like you could do well on ebay honestly. Personally I would just sell the rare ones. By now most people have all the commons. You might be able to pull $350-400 on the rare ones alone.

MADGAME

Speaking of ebay, I have a decent amount of extra rares I could sell for respectable cash. I don't want to, I just want to trade them for Villager/Marth then sell my extras to Gaffers. If I list on ebay I'm a scalper, and also supporting scalpers. So far not one single of my Amiibo has been bought or sold in this manner, and I'd like to keep it that way. Sadly, those two are so rare I may have to resort to it if I want a complete NA NIB collection.

rjinaz

Speaking of ebay, I have a decent amount of extra rares I could sell for respectable cash. I don't want to, I just want to trade them for Villager/Marth then sell my extras to Gaffers. If I list on ebay I'm a scalper, and also supporting scalpers. So far not one single of my Amiibo has been bought or sold in this manner, and I'd like to keep it that way. Sadly, those two are so rare I may have to resort to it if I want a complete NA NIB collection.

Well if you didn't buy them to sell them, I don't see how that would be scalping, though others might disagree. Anyway in the end do what's best for you personally.

Anyway definitely don't want this thread to devolve into another scalping debate that accomplishes nothing but getting people angry.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, let's not start a big scalper discussion again. Do whatever, just don't brag about it in the thread. :)

Crom

Well if you didn't buy them to sell them, I don't see how that would be scalping, though others might disagree. Anyway in the end do what's best for you personally.

Anyway definitely don't want this thread to devolve into another scalping debate that accomplishes nothing but getting people angry.

Yeah, let's not start a big scalper discussion again. Do whatever, just don't brag about it in the thread. :)

Cool....let's change the subject guys.

How about those US Amazon preorders?!

Crom

Geez, they never went up? I was away for a couple of days. :p

No...unless I missed it. I personally don;t need them so haven;t been watching but I didn't get any alerts on Line. I have all Wave 4 preordered except Jigglypuff, Greninja, and Ness but I know some people are hoping to get a Lucina or Robin from Amazon,

Maybe we get lucky and they put up Wave 5 at the same time (doubt it) Missed out on the overseas orders for Dark Pit, Zero Suit Samus and the rest

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
No...unless I missed it. I personally don;t need them so haven;t been watching but I didn't get any alerts on Line. I have all Wave 4 preordered except Jigglypuff, Greninja, and Ness but I know some people are hoping to get a Lucian or Robin from Amazon,

Maybe we get lucky and they put up Wave 5 at the same time (doubt it) Missed out on the overseas orders for Dark Pit, Zero Suit Samus and the rest

At this rate I expect Smash to be done worldwide before Amazon US Wave 4 goes live.

skaflone721

Neo Member
Looking for a NA Lucina (Walmart canceled mine as expected and I'm utterly devastated)

Would anyone be interested in trading for one of the following for it?

NA Greninja
EU Jigglypuff
EU Dark Pit
EU Paulutena
EU Ganondorf
EU Zero Suit Samus

Figured I just throw this out there now to see the responses.

rjinaz

Looking for a NA Lucina (Walmart canceled mine as expected and I'm utterly devastated)

NA Greninja
EU Jigglypuff
EU Dark Pit
EU Paulutena
EU Ganondorf
EU Zero Suit Samus

It's still too early. It's hard to know what I'll be able to get at this point and I'm sure others are in the same boat. If you get no takers, I'd try again shortly after release.

Crom

NA Greninja
EU Jigglypuff
EU Dark Pit
EU Paulutena
EU Ganondorf
EU Zero Suit Samus

Sorry to hear that

We can make a deal. I PMed you. I need everything on that list so when the time arrives and if you still don't have a Lucina we can trade for whatever I still need at the time.

Who knows though....maybe you get one before then

Amazon will hopefully come up one of these years and you may snag one.

CorvoSol

So I think all I need still to satisfy my Amiibolust is ZSS, Ganondorf, Mewtwo and maybe, maybe Lucas. Depending on how much shit I feel like putting up with to get him at that point. After that I'll just leave it to time and chance how many I get.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So I think all I need still to satisfy my Amiibolust is ZSS, Ganondorf, Mewtwo and maybe, maybe Lucas. Depending on how much shit I feel like putting up with to get him at that point. After that I'll just leave it to time and chance how many I get.

you can never leave this place

Welp, I missed the guy with the NA Greninja by a bunch of hours.

If anyone has a NA Greninja to trade I have all of wave 4 available, except Ness, to trade.

bumpkin

Just saw this pop up on a banned site -- if you preorder Splatoon from Toys R Us (with a required $1 deposit), you can get any amiibo for $5 when you pick up the game. I'd totally do it if I hadn't already preordered from Target.

Source: https://twitter.com/jose_senpai/status/595767131477831680/photo/1
That'd be a great deal if I didn't have Best Buy's GCU membership...

Best Buy
Splatoon: $47.99
Amiibo: $10.39
Total: $58.38

TRU
Splatoon: $59.99
Amiibo: $5.00
Total: $64.99

It looks like I will probably have an extra Robin and Lucina. If these orders go through, is anyone willing to trade a Greninja for one of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom