• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I'm officially out of the amiibo game. Wish all ya'll luck. It's been real. It's been fun. It's been real fun.

nAP2mNy.gif

prmtyme

Neo Member
Little by little i forget about amiibos than i see the damn things at stores online etc....ill never be out the amiibo game ...nintendo has me hookline and sinker

AdanVC

Someone is supposedly selling the whole amiibo collection until wave 3 for $22,800 mexican pesos or $1,484 dollars...
CEXKXcIVIAAaytj.jpg

brb buying them all it's totally the deal of the year, screw my new car... not!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Someone is supposedly selling the whole amiibo collection until wave 3 for $22,800 mexican pesos or $1,484 dollars...
CEXKXcIVIAAaytj.jpg

brb buying them all it's totally the deal of the year, screw my new car... not!

Plot twist: It's the guy who bought all they amiibo from Akim.

kirby_fox

Banned
Watching an episode of 3rd Rock from the Sun and it's a take on beanie babies. So many lines remind me of amiibo.

"You used to just collect after work, but now you do it first thing when you wake up!"

-Horizon-

Watching an episode of 3rd Rock from the Sun and it's a take on beanie babies. So many lines remind me of amiibo.

"You used to just collect after work, but now you do it first thing when you wake up!"

We don't even wake up anymore, not in this unending nightmare lol

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I really want a Greninja.

Would a Gold Mario Amiibo be a fair trade for one.... I wonder... :?

One Gold Mario is averaging out to be worth 472 Greninjas or 35 Ness, give or take 50 Jigglypuffs.

Ryfferr

So I walked by the EB Games in the city today and...

It's been 11 days since release and I was surprised to find him there. Just... pointing at people asking them to buy him. Behind him are several Marths actually.

zulux21

I really want a Greninja.

Would a Gold Mario Amiibo be a fair trade for one.... I wonder... :?

I need may 29th to come so I can start trading people for what I need :/

on the plus side I don't care about region or in box or not so that should make some trades easier. plus I should have enough trade stuff to get what I want from all the currently announced waves...

I am screwed if they announce a megaten x fire emblem wave though @_@

Jergingha

Neo Member
I need may 29th to come so I can start trading people for what I need :/

on the plus side I don't care about region or in box or not so that should make some trades easier. plus I should have enough trade stuff to get what I want from all the currently announced waves...

I am screwed if they announce a megaten x fire emblem wave though @_@

Would you happen to be in need of a Gold Mario................ ?

zulux21

Would you happen to be in need of a Gold Mario................ ?

I am not, he is one of the 4 amiibo I currently own (him, zelda, link, and shulk)

that being said Greninja is one of the preorders I got in on for this wave, and as long as mine ship I should have an extra for trade so I might be able to help you out then. (and quite possibly would make a trade like that since gold mario still has decent trade value) But I refuse to set up any sales or trades until I actually have the product in hand

Marth, Pit, Ike, dark pit, paulina, gannon, zero suit are the only ones I really want (maybe Rosalina, megaman, shiek, ness, jiggypuff, lucas) that I don't have as I am not going for a complete set, but merely the ones that I want and the ones I think will have useful unlocks in a game in the future. (aka zelda, kid icurus stuff is stuff I want in general, FE stuff will likely be useful in future FE games, and zero suit just is pretty on the eyes :p)

Fox Mulder

It's been 11 days since release and I was surprised to find him there. Just... pointing at people asking them to buy him. Behind him are several Marths actually.

Seeing stores like this doesn't even anger me anymore. It's nice that you can buy such a variety of amiibo, or even pick up the gamecube adapter on a whim.

Thoraxes

Yup, totally dodgy. All you Americans should avoid this website.
Please stop buying up our amiibos :(

At that price it'd be cheaper to just use an Amazon-fulfilled scalper anyways. I was just going to go that route for Greninja and Jiggly because it's faster shipping.

Rocky

Banned
At that price it'd be cheaper to just use an Amazon-fulfilled scalper anyways. I was just going to go that route for Greninja and Jiggly because it's faster shipping.

Yeah, 94 bucks for both of them shipped to the US. Why do they charge shipping for each item? Why not charge shipping for the whole order and ship both together? It would make a big difference.

LiK

nothing from YesAsia preorders so far. expected release date is end of July. welp.

might just give up at this point.

G0523

nothing from YesAsia preorders so far. expected release date is end of July. welp.

might just give up at this point.
Yeah, my order for the Ness amiibo said that the estimated delivery date is August 1. D: Still better than paying scalpers! I can be patient.

Hey when I got up this morning I saw this on Reddit, Captain Falcon in stock on Amazon.jp

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00O9GPEBQ/

I've never ordered from Amazon.jp before though and I don't know how to work it out to get them to ship to NA, anyone have any experience? I'm sure they're sold out by now anyway, but it would be good to know for future reference.

kirby_fox

Banned
Hey when I got up this morning I saw this on Reddit, Captain Falcon in stock on Amazon.jp

I've never ordered from Amazon.jp before though and I don't know how to work it out to get them to ship to NA, anyone have any experience? I'm sure they're sold out by now anyway, but it would be good to know for future reference.

I don't think they ship to NA, you have to use a forwarding service.

Have Palutena and Dark Pit gone up anywhere other than Amazon.co.uk? I was able to get most of Wave 4 from them and would've loved to have snagged those two as well, but it seems like preorders went fast.

AdanVC

Ike, Ness, King DDD, Meta Knight A DAMN GC ADAPTER... all on display ready to be purchased just by casually walking into the store... we would NEVER experience something like that in America and that is just insanely depressing and ridiculous.

Edit: Just so y'all can have an idea of how ridiculous things are here, at least in Mexico, I saw a GC adapter the other day in a random electronic shop at $1,800 pesos wich is around $120 dollars... So depressing.

Ryfferr

Ike, Ness, King DDD, Meta Knight A DAMN GC ADAPTER... all on display ready to be purchased just by casually walking into the store... we would NEVER experience something like that in America and that is just insanely depressing and ridiculous.

Edit: Just so y'all can have an idea of how ridiculous things are here, at least in Mexico, I saw a GC adapter the other day in a random electronic shop at $1,800 pesos wich is around $120 dollars... So depressing.

Last time I went there around 2 weeks ish ago they had several lying around the store

There were still some in the Wii U section of the store when I went yesterday and took the photo. Also, as far as I remember, King DeDeDe was like available online for like a while after Wave 3 launched cause I was thinking that nobody actually wanted him.

crimnos

https://otakumode.com/shop/5477edc3d4ec659d680f0604

Right there. Shipping is $24, but if you sign up with them with a new account, they give you a coupon for free shipping. Good deal in my opinion. Don't know if she's cheaper elsewhere but she's completely sold out at other known online stores as far as I'm concerned.

Well, I was still looking for one since I finally have the money clear for it, so thanks! I only got a $5 off coupon rather than free shipping, though :/ Just bought something else to get it up to $100.

So help me out here, guys, 'cuz this sounds too good to be true, so it probably is.

At this link I can get a Captain Falcon amiibo from red star 53 for 1530 yen, that comes out to 12.77... then Tenso will ship it here for 750 yen (estimate), which comes out to a total of about 18 dollars. Sure there will be tax and ... I don't know, a shipping fee from "red star" too? I'm having trouble translating the japanese pages enough to really get a clear picture of this, am I really about to import a japanese falcon for 20 bucks, or am I about to make a huge mistake?

EDIT : OK, did all the math, it's 1530 for the fig, 350 to ship to Tenso, then 750 to ship here, 2630 yen total, roughly 22 american dollars. I really can't imagine this is real because the Falcon's on Amazon.com are going to almost double that amount... help?

Well, I was still looking for one since I finally have the money clear for it, so thanks! I only got a $5 off coupon rather than free shipping, though :/ Just bought something else to get it up to $100.

Man that's weird, maybe I just got really lucky. I actually wanted to get it yesterday but didn't since shipping bumped it up to almost $100 and decided against it. When I looked at it this morning I got a pop up saying I could get free shipping on one order if I signed up, so I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom