• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimentios

If someone is willing to trade his gold mario with Villager (EU), Fox (EU), Marth (EU), or Toad (EU), please contact me. Thanks.

:O

AdanVC

Brian Altano from IGN just tweeted this pic of Wario and omg it's insane how awesomely detailed he looks. Look at that fingernail detail!

CEVYhJcUsAEuT7h.jpg

It's like Nintendo already mastered their amiibo making machine because wave 1 figures don't like as detailed as this. Kewl.

Ibuki

Banned
I was pretty convinced I'm getting out of amiibo hunting with all the bullshit going on with stock and preorders. I cancelled some pre orders but I can't bring my self to cancel Ness or the Splatoon Pack... I am so on the fence but I have spent so much already...

LiK

I was pretty convinced I'm getting out of amiibo hunting with all the bullshit going on with stock and preorders. I cancelled some pre orders but I can't bring my self to cancel Ness or the Splatoon Pack... I am so on the fence but I have spent so much already...

aw snap, Nigri avy

Shauni

So I think all I need still to satisfy my Amiibolust is ZSS, Ganondorf, Mewtwo and maybe, maybe Lucas. Depending on how much shit I feel like putting up with to get him at that point. After that I'll just leave it to time and chance how many I get.

I honestly think Ganon and ZSS will not be hard to find. People seem to think ZSS will be unicorn-level, but considering how Samus was pretty uncommon, I think it has a chance of being on shelves for at least a little while. Mewtwo is up in the air. I could see it being common if they don't give it to TRU as an exclusive. May god help you on Lucas, though. After Ness, I have no optimism on that motherfucker.

RootCause

I honestly think Ganon and ZSS will not be hard to find. People seem to think ZSS will be unicorn-level, but considering how Samus was pretty uncommon, I think it has a chance of being on shelves for at least a little while. Mewtwo is up in the air. I could see it being common if they don't give it to TRU as an exclusive. May god help you on Lucas, though. After Ness, I have no optimism on that motherfucker.
I hope she is. I've got DPit, and Ganon reserved. Missed out onzss, and Palu.

-Horizon-

What I see happening, pulled out of nowhere and supported by absolutely nothing:

Dark Pit - uncommon
Palutena - uncommon to rare
Ganon - common to uncommon
ZSS - uncommon to rare
Olimar - rare
Bowser Jr - common
Dr Mario - common

G&W - rare
Falco - common
Rob - uncommon to rare
Duck Hunt - common

Mewtwo - uncommon
Lucas - rare

DooD1234

Yay, my Robin came in today which means I can also expect Ness and Lucina sometime next week. I'll share pictures with you guys later along with my opened collection. Feels good to have a new one in your hand yet so painful to grab one. I think that feeling is what cause my amiibo addiction.

CorvoSol

Ganon will probably pull a Sheik, be hard to find at first then easy to get. Hard to imagine they'd make a Zelda character rare. ZSS has boobs though, and outside Peach and Zelda boob'd miibos vanish into the ether.

Mewtwo and Lucas will be straight hell, though. If I have to choose, though, Mewtwo comes before Lucas. Sorry, Lucas, but Mewtwo means more to me.

Shauni

Ganon will probably pull a Sheik, be hard to find at first then easy to get. Hard to imagine they'd make a Zelda character rare. ZSS has boobs though, and outside Peach and Zelda boob'd miibos vanish into the ether.

Mewtwo and Lucas will be straight hell, though. If I have to choose, though, Mewtwo comes before Lucas. Sorry, Lucas, but Mewtwo means more to me.

Well, there's Shiek and Samus, and neither of them were rare, though both got phased out. Rosalina was a retailer-exclusive, so that comes with other baggage. Is there anyone else really? I don't know, ZSS may very well be super rare, but considering how it's from a fairly well known franchise and vanilla Samus was uncommon, I think it's possible she won't be too hard to find.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Welp. Just won an ebay auction for Palutena for $37. I normally wouldn't pay that for one but I really want Palutena. :(

But we don't even know what the deal is with her in the west yet.

Well if paying more works before patience, then why not.

Shauni

I feel the odds of her not being a unicorn in the States is pretty unlikely. Not only is she and Dark Pit being released in their own little wave, they're from a lesser known franchise were the premier star of said franchise was an instant unicorn. Be really surprising to me if she's common/uncommon.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I feel the odds of her not being a unicorn in the States is pretty unlikely. Not only is she and Dark Pit being released in their own little wave, they're from a lesser known franchise were the premier star of said franchise was an instant unicorn. Be really surprising to me if she's common/uncommon.

I do feel like they will be rare, but not quite as rare as we think. Because there is ONLY 2 in the wave, there is no common, uncommon, etc in the set. Exclusive? I'd say 90% they will be, but a bit easier to get than a full set of 6-8 in a wave.

Vidiot

Yeah I know. :/ There aren't many I would do it for but Palutena is one of them. Especially since Pit was ultra rare and he's the star of his series.

Fox Mulder

I do feel like they will be rare, but not quite as rare as we think. Because there is ONLY 2 in the wave, there is no common, uncommon, etc in the set. Exclusive? I'd say 90% they will be, but a bit easier to get than a full set of 6-8 in a wave.

Yeah right, every wave has been worse than the last. A two figure wave of very niche characters will just be little mac'd or retailer exclusives as they rush to finish the smash line out of obligation.

I have no faith they'll fix stock issues, especially as they enter the final smash waves with ROB, game & watch, and duck hunt.

RootCause

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised it's taking them this long to come up with something, unless they are waiting to have the numbers in hand (or at least allocations with shipping numbers), first. They are out in a few weeks, after all.

RootCause

I'm actually surprised. Amazon is like the only place that can announce they are doing something like this and it not crash them. Just really didn't think that they would.
I'm sure they can survive it, but scalpers are going to buy everything, unless they set a limit, and even then.

crimnos

I'm surprised it's taking them this long to come up with something, unless they are waiting to have the numbers in hand (or at least allocations with shipping numbers), first. They are out in a few weeks, after all.

I think that's probably exactly the deal, that they want them in hand before going live.

Am_I_Evil

probably want concrete numbers so they can go up and sell just once instead of over and over and over like every other site has been doing...

Vidiot

Called up my bank today to let them know the Target charge on my account is a preorder I placed and to just keep authorizing the charge until the item (Jigglypuff ) ships at the end of May/early June. Don't want it to get canceled.

Giving a prior notice and only 1 per customer is like the best thing they can do, really

Besides 1 per IP or per street address... but 1 per IP is going to destroy us since several guys here in the office want some xD

Jawmuncher

Here's some important information on Amazon pre-orders. Amazon Josh (who is actually legit and has posted on other forums under the same name) disclosed that they're trying to find a solution that's fair for everyone and that he intends to offer at least 24 hour notice before they go up. This could either be great or a flaming nightmare.

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comm..._a_lot_of_false_alarms_from/cr0ids6?context=3

Amazon Josh.
That guy was supposed to be handle the PC sales like Tony did.
But whatever happened now amazon doesn't care about sales. I'm still bitter.

Just do it at 9 pm EST
That's
6 pm PT
7/8 pm mountain time
I'll assume most people would be home/leaving work
If they do it at like noon EST that's just silly

1 per account would have people creating accounts for friends x family x fake accounts

They can just use super saver shipping and still get it
The power of multiple tabs/browsers/mobile

Also black Friday had prime users have a 10 minute pre sale for items so I assume they would implement that too

Have the Kid Icarus characters gone up on Amazon JP yet?

nevah.gif?

Came to post the Amazon Josh thing, glad to see you guys are already on it. I have all the ones I want until Wave 6 at least, so I'm not worried about these but still want to help.

I also hope that NA collectively gets this figured out before Lucas's release... I don't want to camp at a GameStop again...

RootCause

Just do it at 9 pm EST
That's
6 pm PT
7/8 pm mountain time
I'll assume most people would be home/leaving work
If they do it at like noon EST that's just silly

1 per account would have people creating accounts for friends x family x fake accounts

They can just use super saver shipping and still get it
The power of multiple tabs/browsers/mobile

Also black Friday had prime users have a 10 minute pre sale for items so I assume they would implement that too
Lol they should do the prime 10 minute presale. 😏

RootCause

If Amiibo become the first things ever to bring AMAZON down, do you think Nintendo will do anything? Maybe make even fewer Amiibos?
They'll continue making the same amount. They've known for months that amiibo are a hot item, and nothing. Plus they don't have the best relationship with Amazon.

ZeroX03

Banned
apXXwKl.jpg

Quick cellphone picture of my Ike. I think he looks okay. That's the full FE set completed. Ready for all those IS games with amiibo support.

Any Lucarios floating around at a decent price? Might have to wait for a restock of him. Only amiibo I'd like but don't already own or have pre-ordered.

rjinaz

I think 9EDT /6PDT seem to be fair for everyone, and good luck amazon.

Well he said "normal business hours". I took that to mean 8-5 but then he could have just meant during the day I suppose.

A bit bummed by the 1 limit. 2 would have been better but I can understand it. I don't like the idea of a notice much. While it sounds good in theory I can imagine them being up for seconds as opposed to minutes. This is how their flash sales always go. It's like a lottery.

RootCause

Well he said "normal business hours". I took that to mean 8-5 but then he could have just meant during the day I suppose.

A bit bummed by the 1 limit. 2 would have been better but I can understand it. I don't like the idea of a notice much. While it sounds good in theory I can imagine them being up for seconds as opposed to minutes. This is how their flash sales always go. It's like a lottery.
Was it confirmed to be limited to one?

MADGAME

Was it confirmed to be limited to one?

This is what the confirmed Amazon rep said

I'm hoping to give at least that much notice, and we're planning to limit them to 1 per customer.
Also, they'll definitely be going live during normal business hours (pacific time) so we can watch and make sure nothing catches on fire (Except Charizard's tail, amirite?).

So "planning" sounds firm, but maybe not 100% and potentially subject to change.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Do we have a specific trade thread or do we just make an offer here?

Got a Little Mac (first run NA edition), and would like to get either a Meta Knight or Rosalina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom