• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Banned

Sushigod7

You guys ready for Nightmare scenario?

Now that Nintendo is hooking up with Universal to make rides based off Nintendo imagine Amiibo you can only get at Universal Studios.

Don't say this wont happen!

Disney has Vinylmation exclusives at the park and also Tsum Tsums that are exclusive to Disney World.

Imagine only being able to get Waluigi and Daisy at Universal. D:

You can get Tsum Tsum at Target and Disneystore here (I live in Orlando) only the main characters though.

AdanVC

Last time I went there around 2 weeks ish ago they had several lying around the store

There were still some in the Wii U section of the store when I went yesterday and took the photo. Also, as far as I remember, King DeDeDe was like available online for like a while after Wave 3 launched cause I was thinking that nobody actually wanted him.

I'm crying. Crying! NoA pls.

fernoca

Earlier than anticipated!
Instagram quality pic said:
wDFNN4f.jpg
The rest should be here by June.

-Horizon-

DooD1234

So guys I wanted to share a story that I had a very terrible nightmare
and by terrible I mean really stupid
. I got home from work like I usually do and I went inside noticing all my amiibos were missing
except for Peach.
. I frantically looked around and eventually concluded that I had been robbed despite all my other stuff is still there like my Wii U/PS3 and my games and a bunch of other stuff. I screamed a Darth Vader style NOOO! And woke up from my dream. Went to my amiibo shelf and see they are all still there exactly as where I position them. I breathed a sigh of relief to say the least

Anyways, I haven't opened my Robin yet but he looks freaking amazing. The face is perfect the details on him is very nice and I love the extra detail they threw on his tome. He is the best looking human character by far beating out Pit and Little Mac I feel.

-Horizon-

EXCLUSIVE TO NINTENDO LAND AT UNIVERSAL.

ZERO SUIT SAMUS ALT COSTUME EDITION!!

Also Shulk in swimtrunks or boxers or whatever edition

If this were to hypothetically happen, I would respond with: Well, its been a fun ride but I'm getting off here.

Now that Nintendo is hooking up with Universal to make rides based off Nintendo imagine Amiibo you can only get at Universal Studios.

Disney has Vinylmation exclusives at the park and also Tsum Tsums that are exclusive to Disney World.

Well... guess I can hope its characters I don't care about. They'll probably keep it mostly focused around the Mario and Zelda brands. Since I don't care too much about Mario and Co. Amiibo, and I already have a decent set of Zelda Amiibo, I might be okay with this. But if they touch Fire Emblem characters.... oh god.... someone hold me.

fernoca

Looking ace. Where did you import from?
eBay actually. :p

A japanese seller had a few bundles for $120-something for all 6 some weeks ago, which came at around $20-ish per amiibo. Better than going to stores early on May 29th to look around multiple then probably ending paying over $30/$40 for some.

Guys, I'm contemplating keeping a opened collection for Amiibo now, since this is just becoming frustrating. I want to collect them, but I don't think it's worth trying to get two per Amiibo to keep one open and one sealed. The sealed collection is literally just sitting in my closet because I have nowhere to display it.

My opened collection is all over my room and it kinda looks nice. What do you guys think?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I'm contemplating keeping a opened collection for Amiibo now, since this is just becoming frustrating. I want to collect them, but I don't think it's worth trying to get two per Amiibo to keep one open and one sealed. The sealed collection is literally just sitting in my closet because I have nowhere to display it.

My opened collection is all over my room and it kinda looks nice. What do you guys think?

Open all they amiibo!

scoot3r

I'm in the same boat but I just bought some collector cases specifically made for amiibo off eBay relatively cheap. Hopefully after I get them I can display the boogers on a shelf.

You should probably open them all and sell the duplicates to... well... me. -.-

RootCause

eBay actually. :p

A japanese seller had a few bundles for $120-something for all 6 some weeks ago, which came at around $20-ish per amiibo. Better than going to stores early on May 29th to look around multiple then probably ending paying over $30/$40 for some.
Not bad. ITs a little late for me to import wave 4, but I'm definetly importing wave 5, and forward.

ExVicis

Why are you doing this? Can't I just live in my more tolerable ignorance just a little bit longer?

kirby_fox

Banned

Luckily for me it'll just be Pink Gold Peach or Purple Plated Wario and I won't need to go.

I mean, I'll still wind up going to it at some point in the future. But I said that with The Simpsons ride too...and I was supposed to have been to California multiple times by now...I really should stop spending money on amiibo and travel more.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
As of Amiibos aren't bad enough, I missed Pax tix today and scalping prices are absolutely insane on eBay :( There better NOT be any exclusive Amiibo there!!

Ha ha, Univeral Orlando is a mere 30 minute drive from where I live! Bring it on, Nintendo!

I'm joking. Please don't bring it on.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. Of all the things to put up there. They couldn't have done that a couple years ago when the game came out??

Yeah, it's a bit late for that. They basically forced NA to rely on digital scans of the cards.

Vena

Heads up from the investors meeting, Iwata addressed shortages and apologized. He said that they'd be focusing on making more of low stock Amiibos and, in particular, that were/are used with games (as in, more than just Smash).

So this is something the company is aware of on the investor level.

Velcro Fly

Piss Mario is not enough

It should have been a Piss <insert retailer exclusive that will never get a reprint>

Because seriously fuck Nintendo's anti consumer practices.

Neo Dark

Meh, those Nintendo characters never bothered me anyways.

Dam it, since I don't have a Palutena on lock down yet, I'm looking at AR cards for KI:U
I saw Kid Icarus AR cards on Nintendo's store today, $2/pack
WTF?! Where was this when I wanted to order these years ago? Ugh will have to order some later on. I thought you guys might have just mistaken it for https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...alse&productId=prod150211&categoryId=cat10992 which I have seen before but nope.. it's the real deal. Unfortunately it looks like it's series 2 though. https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...false&productId=prod10208&categoryId=cat50009

Ha ha, Univeral Orlando is a mere 30 minute drive from where I live! Bring it on, Nintendo!

I'm joking. Please don't bring it on.
You know, if this happens, you're going to be tasked with the responsibility of helping us get them right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom