• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Banned
I doubt it since they said I could order more on the 29th.

I think that new policy is targeting people that order large quantities and not just 2.

And that's where the letter doesn't make sense. They've advertised a limit of only 2 per customer, and some Target managers on Reddit are saying they will limit it to only 1 per customer. So you really shouldn't be able to get more.

rjinaz

And that's where the letter doesn't make sense. They've advertised a limit of only 2 per customer, and some Target managers on Reddit are saying they will limit it to only 1 per customer. So you really shouldn't be able to get more.

Yeah I'm guessing this free one won't count toward the total. I'll probably be able to order 2 more on the 29th if i wanted and if I get lucky enough to be around when they hit to squeeze an order in. I'm going to try for just 1 more.

kirby_fox

Banned
For everyone wondering who may have the bigger stock...

TRU: 870 locations
Best Buy: 1,056
Target: 1,934
Walmart: 4,177

There's 3 possible ways to look at this data. The first is that the least amount of stores could see more stock, because all companies were given the opportunity to buy the same amount of each figure. Say for instance Nintendo allowed you to buy 20,000 of each character. TRU allocations would have more stock (~22) versus Walmart (~4) because it has less stores.

The second way is that the bigger companies were allowed to buy more than smaller companies, because they were bigger. So while TRU only got to buy 10,000 the deal with Walmart gave them 50,000. This would put both companies at around the same amount.

The third is that the bigger companies would sell more, so they got to buy way more than the smaller companies. Say TRU only got 10,000 but Walmart got 100,000. TRU would then be at ~11, while Walmart would have ~23 per store.

What should we gather from all of this? I wasted a bunch of time and we have no idea what stores will have what because Amiibo is war.

rjinaz

Well yay! In that case, wanna sell me a Jiggly? ;)

No my point was, they cancelled my two preorders and are giving me one for free. So I was going to get two, now am getting one, well one for sure anyway. Hence why I am still interested in trying to get another on the 29th. Unless you are suggesting I sell you my one and only jiggly :p

ZXzdEEG.jpg

Here's my Marth, his hair is a little wonky but I think it's within reason. If you can get a mother-in-law that lives in the middle of nowhere, make sure to use her as a resource for your amiibo gathering needs. Now I need to send her some flowers or something.

//ARCANUM

No my point was, they cancelled my two preorders and are giving me one for free. So I was going to get two, now am getting one, well one for sure anyway. Hence why I am still interested in trying to get another on the 29th. Unless you are suggesting I sell you my one and only jiggly :p

oooooooh now i understand lol, sorry

HardRojo

Since the prices of Amiibo were raised here in Peru, I was thinking about getting only the ones I really want instead of all of them. Greninja, Charizard, Ness and Wario are definitely in my list for next week. I don't really care for Fire Emblem since I don't play the series so if I had to pick 2 more I guess they'd be Pacman and Jigglypuff. Thing is Jigglypuff doesn't really convince me and I might regret not getting the FE ones... oh well, I'll just have to see how it all plays out next week. I might end up getting them all anyway lol.

mf luder

I've just bought yoshi and samus, it may have been a mistake because now I want more! What do you guys think are the best looking/quality amiibo? I'm going to get wooly yoshi, toad and bowser.

Kilau

I've just bought yoshi and samus, it may have been a mistake because now I want more! What do you guys think are the best looking/quality amiibo? I'm going to get wooly yoshi, toad and bowser.

Dedede and Bowser are both great looking and solid. Fox has some great detail. One of the best looking to me that is easy to get right now is Mega man.

Thoraxes

I feel more anxiety over getting Jiggly, Greninja, and Silver Mario than I do about getting all of my wisdom teeth pulled in a couple weeks.

Hopefully I can get a scalper Jiggly and Greninja for around $35 each. Japanese if I have to.

Though I may trade my extra Lucina and Robin for them too.

mf luder

Dedede and Bowser are both great looking and solid. Fox has some great detail. One of the best looking to me that is easy to get right now is Mega man.

Thanks, I like Dedede but seems pretty rare and or expensive at the moment. I want to get ganondorf as well. I like the way fox looks as well and can get him pretty easily so I'll add him to the list.

HardRojo

Run fast and far while you still can! There's no turning back once you're in deep!
The Super Mario line is very nice, Bowser looks really good and so does Yoshi so maybe you should check those out too.

mf luder

Run fast and far while you still can! There's no turning back once you're in deep!
The Super Mario line is very nice, Bowser looks really good and so does Yoshi so maybe you should check those out too.

I resisted for so long and then just caved, I've got the super mario collection bowser on order.

Drago

lol I'm an idiot. Got that Target email and I thought it said my other Jigglypuff got cancelled and I was pissed. Came into the thread to complain and I see people getting free Jigglys and I go back to read the full email... free Jigglypuff! Huzzah!!

TheWorthyEdge will be happy. :p

Kilau

I resisted for so long and then just caved, I've got the super mario collection bowser on order.

Well if you are in, you are in. Right now is the best time to grab some unicorns that came back in stock.

You can find reasonably priced Capt. Faclon, Little Mac, and Villager reprints on amazon. If you are super lucky you can find a Marth. Depending on where you live, Dedede may be in some stores on the 29th or even now, so don't give up on that one.

RootCause

Can anyone log in at target? It's not letting for whatever reason. Hoping it doesn't last long, as I don't want to miss out on silver Mario.

LESS THAN A WEEK LEFT UNTIL WAVE4MAGEDDON

Thanks, I was able to log in. Not sure why it was acting up.
I'm going to stay up late , hope I'm able to get something if anything goes up.

I figure if nothing is online by midnight tonight then I can go to sleep :)

And Yep I am counting the days til next Friday its gonna be INSANE..Im just hoping that I can get Jigglypuff, Lucina, Robin, Silver Mario, Greninja, and Marth already have everything else pre ordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom