• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Marth was at Walmart at about 2 in the morning?

Soooooo glad I was able to get the one from GameStop. Now hopefully, Best Buy will actually have Meta Knight online this time around. He's probably the only one left that I want to "catch up" with the ones I missed.

I've got a Marth coming to me from Play-Asia so I'm not too pissed. $28 is I think a good price for him, especially as I didn't want to fight the USA reprint crowds. And I also scored a Villager for $30 on eBay!

Kilau

So with Marth restocks and the cheaper Villagers. How many people here have been able to complete the "Trinity" of Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer?

I was able to, and very happy about that. I wonder if we will have a new "Trinity" of unicorns now.

AdanVC

So with Marth restocks and the cheaper Villagers. How many people here have been able to complete the "Trinity" of Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer?

I was able to, and very happy about that. I wonder if we will have a new "Trinity" of unicorns now.

Hope this is a slight indicator of things improving for amiibo in america and see more restock of the unicorns from wave 1, 2 and 3... and get lot's of Ness. Ness everywhere. Ness is love and I still don't have one :'(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

If they can restock Villager, I'll have the original trilogy, & have it be all the US packaging.

Also, missed opportunity to have Pac-Man come out today, on his 35th anniversary. Or hell, Namco could've been like "HEY, HERE'S A PLATINUM PAC-MAN TO CELEBRATE, EXCLUSIVE TO OUR ONLINE STORE"

I'm starting to feel good about the 29th. I WISH IT WAS TODAY!!!

I just need Jigglypuff and Silver Mario. Greninja will be waiting for me at TRU and all of the rest are coming from Gamestop.

I was planning to go to the Nintendo World Store for the midnight launch of Splatoon that's also featuring the amiibos but the twitter account said that lines will start at 8am on that Thursday. That's insane. I hope it's a typo and they meant 8pm. I hope.

Tom_Cody

I was planning to go to the Nintendo World Store for the midnight launch of Splatoon that's also featuring the amiibos but the twitter account said that lines will start at 8am on that Thursday. That's insane. I hope it's a typo and they meant 8pm. I hope.
Damn man.

Just to be clear, the game will go on sale at midnight that night, right (and not Friday night)? If so, 8am is almost certainly correct.

I'm planning to head over there after work with a fully charged 3DS for local Monster Hunter goodness.

MADGAME

Hope this is a slight indicator of things improving for amiibo in america and see more restock of the unicorns from wave 1, 2 and 3... and get lot's of Ness. Ness everywhere. Ness is love and I still don't have one :'(

At least one Gamestop employee is claiming his store will get 2 Ness that aren't allocated to preorders. If more GS employees chime in and confirm the same over the next few days you might try your luck waiting outside Gamestop on 5/29

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/36w60m/my_store_will_receive_2_ness_for_529/

AdanVC

Since they will have whole wave 4 available, including Ness... I guess they are being serious. Later on there's gonna be people in line at the store weeks before an amiibo release just like those crazy Apple fans waiting for the new iPhone.

At least one Gamestop employee is claiming his store will get 2 Ness that aren't allocated to preorders. If more GS employees chime in and confirm the same over the next few days you might try your luck waiting outside Gamestop on 5/29

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/36w60m/my_store_will_receive_2_ness_for_529/

Ohh fingers crossed this happens!! Now I recovered a tiny bit of hope to get a Ness... even though I don't live on the US hah, but hope the slight stock improvement can get here in Mexico as well :(

Rocky

Banned

Uh, weren't the preorders they did for Ness, the web in store thing? And doesn't that mean those preorders will ship to peoples homes? So any coming to the store on launch day would be up for grabs.

Toki767

No Gamestops should have had pre-orders for in store pickup to begin with so I think it makes sense to assume anything that arrives on Friday should be first come, first serve.

I would assume that every gamestop that gets Ness amiibo would have them not for preorders, since they did not let you do in store preorders and only "web in store" shipped to your house.

Edit: Herp derp, 3 in a row.

MADGAME

Ohh fingers crossed this happens!! Now I recovered a tiny bit of hope to get a Ness... even though I don't live on the US hah, but hope the slight stock improvement can get here in Mexico as well :(
Best of luck!

Uh, weren't the preorders they did for Ness, the web in store thing? And doesn't that mean those preorders will ship to peoples homes? So any coming to the store on launch day would be up for grabs.

No Gamestops should have had pre-orders for in store pickup to begin with so I think it makes sense to assume anything that arrives on Friday should be first come, first serve.

I would assume that every gamestop that gets Ness amiibo would have them not for preorders, since they did not let you do in store preorders and only "web in store" shipped to your house.

Edit: Herp derp, 3 in a row.
I realize WIS was the only way Ness was offered. I included that comment because people in the thread I linked were claiming they were able to ship WIS orders to their GS and was questioning if the shipment were to fulfill those orders.

Anime

Neo Member

Nah, 8 A.M. sounds realistic.The boys were outside for gold mario the day prior at like sunset just for him alone.

They had a similar schedule for the New 3DS luanch.Nintendo fans dont play around and Nintendo World acknowledges this, that and to prevent loitering.

I say if you plan on going to NWS the 29th be sure to arrive on the 28th before noon.

ameleco

Seeing all the ebay listings for Marth pisses me off :( "9 available" PRE ORDER FROM WAL MART LAWL. Fuck the scalpers :( Why did they not limit it?

itsgoodmetal

Neo Member
Seeing all the ebay listings for Marth pisses me off :( "9 available" PRE ORDER FROM WAL MART LAWL. Fuck the scalpers :( Why did they not limit it?

Mr. Amel Eco (weird name btw),

Deal with it. This is a scalpers' world. You want a Marth? You want a *bleepin* Marth you *bleepin* little *bleep*? That'll be a $1,000,000 loan with 5% interest over 1 month, you *bleep*.

Sincerely,

The guy who just bought fifteen airplanes.

1up

People will be lined up across the street before that. I guarantee.

RootCause

Will do..hope it becomes available would really like one..and a silver mario too..the less amiibos I have to run around next Friday and try to get the better it is for me
I know target is supposed to put some online, not sure if it's on the 29 or earlier. Still bummed I missed silver Mario.

I know target is supposed to put some online, not sure if it's on the 29 or earlier. Still bummed I missed silver Mario.

Cool thanks for letting me know. Funny thing is I was online last night but away from the PC so I missed it..from the twitter post about gamestop I know now not to even bother going there for the amiibos I still need..so it will be between Target and Toys R Us, I really wish they did in store pick up it would make my job so much easier

alvis.exe

Managed to snag a reprinted Marth to replace my old derp-faced one.
kW3HmUS.jpg

It was worth it, right?

Now to get one of those reprinted Villagers from Japan and pray that I'll manage to get a Jigglypuff and Robin on the 29th.

ace_of_space

Neo Member
Well, I was already planning to camp at NW regardless of the time the line starts. I don't have anything better to do next week! I'll take pictures for you guys :)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
We need to get to Next Best OT fast! 11 pages to go! Think of the pages and pages of May 29th stories!

rjinaz

Just got this email from Target. Pretty cool actually:

Hi,
Thanks for pre-ordering the Target exclusive Nintendo amiibo Jigglypuff. Unfortunately, due to technical issues, your Order #xxxx was canceled.
We realize this is disappointing news. We'd like to apologize for our error by sending you one free Target exclusive Nintendo amiibo Jigglypuff. You can expect this item to arrive in the mail on or up to five days after the release date, May 29, 2015.
If you'd like to purchase additional Jigglypuffs, a limited number will be in stock on our site on May 29. Our stores will also have a limited number of these items available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Also confirms Jiggly will be on the website!

//ARCANUM

Just got this email from Target. Pretty cool actually:

Hi,
Thanks for pre-ordering the Target exclusive Nintendo amiibo Jigglypuff. Unfortunately, due to technical issues, your Order #xxxx was canceled.
We realize this is disappointing news. We'd like to apologize for our error by sending you one free Target exclusive Nintendo amiibo Jigglypuff. You can expect this item to arrive in the mail on or up to five days after the release date, May 29, 2015.
If you'd like to purchase additional Jigglypuffs, a limited number will be in stock on our site on May 29. Our stores will also have a limited number of these items available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Also confirms Jiggly will be on the website!

They apologized for canceling your Jigglypuff pre-order by sending a... Jigglypuff? I... don't even... OKAY! Sounds good! LOL! Congrats!

Target came through and is sending me a free Jiggly for canceling my order last month.

i5ZLggZ.png

That is really nice of them to do that :) Also great news about Jiggly being on the site, crossing fingers for pick up in store that way I dont have to rush like a mad woman hoping to get one..Friday is going to be INSANE, Target, Toys R Us, which one to go to first, decisions decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom