• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about those Splatoon amiibos makes me want to buy the individual ones even though I already have a 3 pack pre ordered...........

It's not a complete set if you don't....

Not quoted cause couldn't figure it out.

RootCause

I figure if nothing is online by midnight tonight then I can go to sleep :)

And Yep I am counting the days til next Friday its gonna be INSANE..Im just hoping that I can get Jigglypuff, Lucina, Robin, Silver Mario, Greninja, and Marth already have everything else pre ordered
Target is terrible wih putting things up at absurd times. Are you on the west coast?

-Horizon-

Something about those Splatoon amiibos makes me want to buy the individual ones even though I already have a 3 pack pre ordered...........

It's not a complete set if you don't....

Not quoted cause couldn't figure it out.

You either press "Quote" once for one person or if you are quoting multiple people, press the "+" for each person you want to quote and then press "Quote".

Silver Mario looks like it'll be easier to get than Gold if any of these early numbers are correct. Not gonna worry too much about him now, just glad I finally got my Marth all squared away.

Target is terrible wih putting things up at absurd times. Are you on the west coast?

Yep..Southern Cali..I called my local City Target today, the guy didnt know what an amiibo was LOL so I had him give the phone to someone else, he said that the amiibos should be put up on Thursday evening so I should call then about how much they will have..I asked if there was any way they could hold a few for me he said to call back, I explained how I always buy my electronic stuff from that Target, who knows, maybe the 1 percent chance its possible, than I wouldnt have to run around like a fool from place to place on Friday hoping they have Greninja, Lucina, Robin, Marth, Jigglypuff and Silver Mario

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Silver Mario looks like it'll be easier to get than Gold if any of these early numbers are correct. Not gonna worry too much about him now, just glad I finally got my Marth all squared away.

He's also not store exclusive. Can't wait to see eBay flooded with scalpers barely selling Silver Mario for over $25.

AdanVC

need this

Your collector spirit of course. I think they look more attractive each amiibo packaged individually than three together. Can't wait to get squid girl she looks rad.

Yep, I would too, almost paying 20 for the shipping and tax from some of these retailers for Marth or Lucina, so since we'll probably never see a Metal Mario, this is close enough for me :p

Velcro Fly

Going to stay up for another few hours playing various 3DS games. Will be ready if anything drops tonight.

Also I'd love to find a Marth. I have one but the lady I work with told me last week her son has all of them besides Marth and Fox. She's been pretty good to work for so I'm keeping my eyes out for Marth for her and her son. It was surreal telling my boss about the trials and tribulations of amiibo hunting.

LostAnkh

Guys, are you ready for next Friday? I've sold my doubles, have my alarm clock set with email and calendar alerts, and I'm only getting 3 amiibo that day.

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/daily-afternoon-randomness-in-hq-41-photos-421.jpg?w=920&h=690
That face is precious, and makes me want to buy that Spidey figure.

RootCause

Since we're 10 pages until Next Best OT, how about we have a little discussion?

How do you guys store your amiibo? Loose on the table? Sealed on the wall? Hopefully not shoved in a cardboard box like this guy.

At least he didn't store them in a bag. :p
Mine are still sealed. I'll only unleash them once I have the full set. I'd take a picture of how I have them set at the moment, but I would have to get up from my bed. *lazy* :3

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Since we're 10 pages until Next Best OT, how about we have a little discussion?

How do you guys store your amiibo? Loose on the table? Sealed on the wall? Hopefully not shoved in a cardboard box like this guy.

Sadly, that's how mine are :/ I have NO ROOM in my current living situation, especially to keep them in boxes. All of my figures are currently safely stored until I can fully free them and display them in all of their figurey-glory!

I inherited a china cabinet as well, which I plan to put to good use once I move. Since I'm not into fancy cups and plates, I will use it to display figures! I think it even has a fixture inside of it to put those long tube lightbulbs in it. Not sure why it would be needed for fine china, but ok!

Crom

Glad to see Silver Mario shouldn't be hard to get. He's the only one I haven't gotten pre-ordered.

I still need the store exclusives and Silver Mario myself.

I hope for your sake that Silver Mario isn't as hard to get as Turboman.

33.jpg

Lols well yours is actually more like Toy Story 2. The reddit link was more like Toy Story 3. Quick someone redo the movies with amiibos instead.

When I get the rest of the amiibos I dont know where I am going to put them all..some put them on shelves, some put them in boxes, or those amiibo cases but those amiibo cases are expensive and you can only hold 8 amiibos at the most

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Just like Toy Story, amiibo want to played with and not stuck inside their plastic prisons. #openalltheyamiibo

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
If you want, I'll be your rival and constantly fighting you for a Ness :p

Maybe a Jigglypuff? That's the exclusive I'm after. Plus it's a round pink cute thing, which makes it all the more humorous to fight over :p It's basically Booster! Except with Amiibos, there's no real Booster. Everyone wants all they Amiibos...

mf luder

Well if you are in, you are in. Right now is the best time to grab some unicorns that came back in stock.

You can find reasonably priced Capt. Faclon, Little Mac, and Villager reprints on amazon. If you are super lucky you can find a Marth. Depending on where you live, Dedede may be in some stores on the 29th or even now, so don't give up on that one.

I'm in the uk, unfortunately the only place that sells amiibo locally is argos and the only thing they've got in stock is Fox and yoshi. I'm hoping the nintendo store will get some more stock as it seems to be the only place selling them at retail prices.

Let the flood continue

I think I'll go to target to try to get a jiggly , Lucina and Robin , which opens at 8 am , then camp out at toys r us which opens at 10 am to try to get greninja

PudgyBunny

Neo Member
My Jigglypuff is listed as "Backordered" so I dont know how they expect so many in store when they are starting to backorder the first people that preordered her? Kinda wondering if her shipment was pushed back.

Kilau

My Jigglypuff is listed as "Backordered" so I dont know how they expect so many in store when they are starting to backorder the first people that preordered her? Kinda wondering if her shipment was pushed back.

Have we seen any stock room photos showing Jiggly like we have with TRU and Greninja? Hopefully the status change is just something in their system going through the process.

RootCause

Well they better not sell anything online until they fulfill their online preorders. Would be all sorts of bs if they sold jiggly on the 29.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom