• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I GOT HIM

Im-so-jealous-Community-GIF.gif

But not really.

We get what NOA will give us

I've never seen the entire WIS servers crash this hard before though. They went down / under some strain for LE Majora and LE Majora system but these Amiibos just tanked the entire countries network

I dont understand why they insist on WIS though... The unavailable sku method is way better. This is infuriating and it holds up traffic.

Like seriously. Take full-price pre-orders all day today and then build that many Amiibos
Seriously its so fucking simple. They used to do that with CN platinum prizes, do that here.

Thank fuck that Ness isn't top priority. Lucina will be almost just as bad. If I have to pay scalper prices I hope I can get her for $30 or less. Will pay $40 tho. :/

I don't understand how this happens. They know they're super popular, and that every retailer exclusive one just gets hammered. I can't believe that anyone could be this incompetent.

Seriously its so fucking simple. They used to do that with CN platinum prizes, do that here.

Thank fuck that Ness isn't top priority. Lucina will be almost just as bad. If I have to pay scalper prices I hope I can get her for $30 or less. Will pay $40 tho. :/
Man if only that was feasible at all

Crayolan

Clearly Nintendo underestimated the "every Earthbound fan is a fanatic and desperate to buy anything series-related" effect.

VICI0US

Lol. 6th in line at a gamestop in colorado springs. servers are down so no one can pre-order. Other stores in the area appear to have the same problem.

Gonna be sad of other areas are processing them and they're sold out by the time their servers come back up

The web in store shit has to end. Just take your allocation and divide it up per store and allow each store to take that many reserves. We did it this way back when PS3 and Wii systems were reservable - each store could only take so many reserves.

Why they can't do this in this day and age is beyond my comprehension. Instead you create more customer issues and complaints by having all 4000+ stores trying to access an internal site all at the same time. Smart move.

Dartastic

I've been at this GameStop for 45 minutes. Not one person has made an order. I might just go eat lunch and go back to work. This is INFURIATING.

I dont understand why they insist on WIS though... The unavailable sku method is way better. This is infuriating and it holds up traffic.

Because honestly on our end its much easier usually. We have a set number and keep track of sales 100% in real time and gage when to cut off. Its a lot easier to ensure we can meet and fulfill all reserves. It can be a bit of an inconvenience in some ways but is better than having to cancel people's pre orders because we ordered too many.

The downside however, is when pure insanity like this hits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom