• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taisaijin

The salt get saltier whilst the in-store ad roll mocks us..

(Still no orders processed, mutinous mentality building.)

photo%20apr%2002%2C%2012%2020%2053%20pm.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Thank you Best Buy for saving me from a Gamestop nightmare.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
the clerk at this store is mad at GS corporate for not being prepared for this, he's a super nice dude tbh. Line has grown to 15 people

Because honestly on our end its much easier usually. We have a set number and keep track of sales 100% in real time and gage when to cut off. Its a lot easier to ensure we can meet and fulfill all reserves. It can be a bit of an inconvenience in some ways but is better than having to cancel people's pre orders because we ordered too many.

The downside however, is when pure insanity like this hits

When it comes to highly allocated product like this - the smart thing would be to assign each store a set number of reservations. They did this back with the Wii and PS3 launches and it worked great. Having been a manager for GameStop for 12 years (no longer at the moment) I can say this web in store stuff is a huge inconvenience for the customers. Plus they have to have the item shipped to their home - and if they want release date guarantee they have to pay extra shipping charges. Completely ridiculous.

Ludist210

On the bright side, maybe all of this Ness madness will convince Nintendo that they need to release Mother 3 (and Mother) over here.

Got the other five at Best Buy. Missed Jigglypuff by minutes.

This is truly a nightmare.

First in line and all I want is Robin and Lucina.

Also refreshing Amazon every couple of seconds in case they go up while I'm waiting.

I have to drive home at 5, and it takes me 20 minutes. I don't trust Amazon enough to leave my computer.

Welp, I guess I'm staying late at the office.

//ARCANUM

it's their own damn faults really (gamestop's)! they told everyone that ness would be available online at 2pm and then sent an internal memo saying he wouldn't but then didn't tell people. so now everyone is hitting their website hard which is causing the stores to not be able to place WIS orders.

this is what happens when you change shit at the last second and don't inform people.

B-Ri

so all hope is lost now to get Ness?

Im done collecting these things anyway, if I can get my hands on charizard, wario, pacman, and ness (which sounds like a hard task) Im done,

this is just ridic. I was just collecting those that i enjoyed during my childhood, and ness is the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom