• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to GS 50 minutes early; first in line. Took 1 hr to process my order...was very nerve wracking but got Ness, Lucina, Robin, And Charizard. :)

About 20 people were behind me....and 7 gave up during that hour which was depressing to see :(

Het_Nkik

Not a good sign for me that Ness is getting sold out.

Unless there is word he is sold out everywhere, I will call my local GameStop before I head home from work.

They're web-in-store pre-orders only. Same stock for the entire country. It's gone.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Missed Ness (still salty), ended up buying a Splatoon 3-pack that won't arrive until 6-7 days after release. Can you cancel GameStop web-store orders? I have a feeling I'll be able to snag a Splatoon 3-pack at Best Buy and would rather get it from there (discount + free shipping) if possible.

Maggots

Banned
I've fought long and hard for my amiibo, but I think I am out. This is crushing me. And if the reason I feel so pissed in general is because of amiibo, I need to start rethinking my priorities. Anyone want the first 29 amiibo NIB? PM me with your offers.

Quitter

I'm done too

Samaritan

I cannot believe Toys'R'Us plans to start pre-orders between 7-9AM EST. Do they not realize that people on the Western half of this country would ALSO like to purchase these things?!

vid

Done. I spent four hours in line for Ness, only for him to sell out as I was getting my order taken.

It's not fun anymore. I loved the hunt, but now there isn't anything to hunt... just earlier and earlier times to start lining up.

I was going for a full Smash set, was drawing up plans for an awesome display case. Fuck it. I'll buy my scalped Ness and fuck the rest. It's just not worth it now.

Yeah, if I can't get Lucina today or tomorrow I'm just out

Just writing off Ness. It's not going to happen. They'll release more kinds of Mario amiibos than they'll make units of one Ness amiibo.

Absolutely ridiculous that Ness is gone before he even hit the web. He's the one I wanted the most too!

I will patiently wait for release day and buy one from ebay when the market floods. Yeesh.

Gunsmithx

Well I got screwed out of a ness but at least my buddy got one. I'm really bitter about this, it's ridiculous that we have to go through hoops like this

Velcro Fly

Yeah guy at GameStop tells me after I left it started working and everyone else behind me got Ness. I was the only person in that place for 2+ hours to not get one.

So we tried again and of course it was sold out. Could have got Pac Man though (because he isn't rare!)

So disappointed. It's not GameStop's fault at all that Nintendo can't stock these. This has always been and always will be Nintendo's fault.

Illucio

Banned
What does Nintendo want from me!?

I pre-ordered Splatoon, Puzzles and Dragons Z, Zelda U, Yoshi Wooly World, Xenoblade 3D and so on! I buy their New 3DS Console and bought every amiibo I could get my hands on. SO WHY MUST THEY PONDER ON WHY I SHOULD BE ABLE TO PRE-ORDER WAVE 4 AMIIBO!

I want my Ness, Lucina, Robin, Greninja, Splatoon Amiibo, and Wooly Yoshi.

Store exclusives, limited quantity... I can't take this no more, I'm about to sell off all my Amiibo and call it a day. Gaming was so less stressful before Amiibo came out, I used to be able to buy whatever I wanted with ease. My wallet is slowly becoming more empty. and I just want to purchase their merchandise through Nintendo so they are gaining my dollar and not some scalper! So why won't the mighty gods give me what I desire!?

I.. I just can't sit by my computer 24/7 waiting for an opportunity, I can't get to a store because I moved to a location in the boonies, and anytime I leave my computer for whatever reason I always get burned in the end.

NINTENDO IS MY MONEY NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU? IS AMERICA NOT GOOD ENOUGH EITHER!? DDDXXXX

I should take a nap... These past few hours have been killing me.

Going by my calculations, Ness sold out at 5:30 CDT.

d'oh. I saw people posting about an hour ago saying it was working again and said screw it i'll go up there what with rumors of maybe no online preorders at all and it was right around that time (6:30 ET) they were pulling it up for me

Ultimadrago

JIGGLYPUFF NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was on my drive to work when it happened. It went by all so fast ;___;

Missing Ness I'm less disgruntled about, as I already have a Japanese order in for him.

bigkrev

They sold out of Ness while entering my info in the computer :(

At least the guy working there was someone I went to High School with and hadn't seen much of since then, so we chatted a bit

JPS Kai

Easiest way to keep checking Gamestop.com is to load up the mobile site here.

If the item count raises from 34, that's when you know you need pack your bags and get ready for the Nesspocalypse.

Long story short: got there at 1:45, waited in line for an hour-and-a-half to get to the register, bought something while waiting in line, six pack and Fire Emblem duo sells out before the first person in line even gets to order, took another 40 minutes to process my Ness and Splatoon preorders when I got up there since everything else was fucking sold out, card got denied because my previous purchase's authorization was lost in GS's system, had to leave the store and call my card company to clear up the previous authorization, got in the back of the line again, used the same damn card successfully. So fucking embarrassing to have a perfectly valid card get denied after waiting for over two hours in line. The kicker was that the wife and kids had to head home after 30ish minutes of me waiting so I had to walk two miles back to our house like a fucking teenager.

Called GS support, waited half an hour, immediately asked for a supervisor, complained about the WIS program/complimented my home store for their amazing service during the fuckery. They gave me 15k rewards points and said that they'd "forward it along", whatever the fuck that means. Hopefully they get slammed by complaints today and put these on the website. I don't give a fuck about $15 in points; I just wanted to preorder what they said I could.

I have never had such a terrible store experience in my entire fucking life, and it's all GS corporate's/NoA's fault. Jesus fucking christ, if you're going to heavily advertise a preorder, then MAKE IT AVAILABLE FOR PREORDERING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom