• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gartooth

So my guess about Ness never appearing on gamestop.com and instead being sold out exclusively in stores was probably correct. Oh well, it beat standing in line for hours. This must have backfired on Gamestop pretty badly though, what a stupid decision.

Insaniac

Yessssss I got all the amiibos from this upcoming wave! Excited for my main man Ness to be standing proud with Pac-Man, Lucina and the Splatoon chick :)

On a separate note, anyone looking for a Robin? I just ordered one just to get free shipping from Best Buy. Will part for retail price + shipping costs (once I receive).

yes, i'll PM you

atomsk

Party Pooper
It's odd hearing all these stories of people getting multiple, as my gamestop was very strict with 1 per household (sure you could order them all, but only 1 of each)

Hobbun

Yessssss I got all the amiibos from this upcoming wave! Excited for my main man Ness to be standing proud with Pac-Man, Lucina and the Splatoon chick :)

On a separate note, anyone looking for a Robin? I just ordered one just to get free shipping from Best Buy. Will part for retail price + shipping costs (once I receive).

I think just about everyone here is looking for Robin.

I'll take it.

yes, i'll PM you

Edit: Damn. Beaten.

So my guess about Ness never appearing on gamestop.com and instead being sold out exclusively in stores was probably correct. Oh well, it beat standing in line for hours. This must have backfired on Gamestop pretty badly though, what a stupid decision.

The Gamestop tweet specifically said Ness would be sold online, so if that changed, it was probably changed today.

beanman25

It's odd hearing all these stories of people getting multiple, as my gamestop was very strict with 1 per household (sure you could order them all, but only 1 of each)

When I was leaving a guy went to buy his second Ness. To his credit (I guess), he waited to do it until another guy and myself got ours.

Crayolan

The only people it backfired on are the working employees and the customers. The higher-ups who make these decisions don't care, they're still gonna sell their whole stock.

I did it bros!
p5Ad0dT.jpg

Megatron

FOR THOSE THAT THOUGHT I WAS LYING ABOUT PRE ORDERING NESS OVER THE PHONE

First of all, i wouldn't lie to you guys. You are in the same boat as me and I just want to help fellow Gaffers out.
I have yet to go to the GS I pre ordered Ness from but I just received this in my email.

Idk why the cashier wanted to help me out, but i think this is proof enough that he did

I did the same thing. I also got the confirmation e-mal. Call call call people!

Gartooth

The Gamestop tweet specifically said Ness would be sold online, so if that changed, it was probably changed today.

If I remember right, Gamestop said that Ness would be sold online at 3pm EST. That was later changed to him being sold at 3pm EST at stores via ship to home orders. I do think they might have reiterated that he would be online at some point so we will see.

The only people it backfired on are the working employees and the customers. The higher-ups who make these decisions don't care, they're still gonna sell their whole stock.

I was referring to their site being down for an hour or more which could have lost them sales of other products to competitor online marketplaces. Granted it was in the middle of the day so it probably wouldn't be that big of a loss, but I'm not a logistics guy so who knows. :p

Shauni

Unfortunately, I think the 1 per customer is more of a store choice than a real rule.

Megatron

i really should have pre ordered charizard from best buy

if he becomes rare this will be the 90s all over again, no charizard card :p

He won't, you'll be fine. It's just hype. He's one of the best known Pokémon. There will be tons of him. He's certainly better known than Shiek.

What's the European front looking like for Wave 4? I'll just import them all from Amazon like I did with Marth. Just to avoid NoA's bullshit and the retailer's bullshit.

If I remember right, Gamestop said that Ness would be sold online at 3pm EST. That was later changed to him being sold at 3pm EST at stores via ship to home orders. I do think they might have reiterated that he would be online at some point so we will see.

Unless it was hidden in a reply to someone, last public word they said on it was that Ness would be sold online at 2PM CDT.

FOR THOSE THAT THOUGHT I WAS LYING ABOUT PRE ORDERING NESS OVER THE PHONE

First of all, i wouldn't lie to you guys. You are in the same boat as me and I just want to help fellow Gaffers out.
I have yet to go to the GS I pre ordered Ness from but I just received this in my email.

Idk why the cashier wanted to help me out, but i think this is proof enough that he did

I did the same thing. I also got the confirmation e-mal. Call call call people!

And how does it work, you give them your credit card info over the phone and you can order whatever you want? I called two gamestops in areas of SoCal that are in the boonies and they did NOT want to take my info over the phone..so not sure which gamestops to call. I just want the splatoon bundle, pac-man, wario, and MAYBE MAYBE Ness if I can get lucky

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Right when I was ringing up, ness was listed as sold-out.

Going to another gamestop just down the street to check.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
It's 100% on Nintendo. They're the common link in every amiibo-related issue.

Yeah. I feel sorry for some of the retailers. TRU shipped me Pit and CF for free and gave me a $15 GC. Best Buy gave people a $50 GC for the Majora's Mask 3DS fiasco.

It's 100% on Nintendo. They're the common link in every amiibo-related issue.

NoA carries most of the blame. But GameStop should have restricted a strict one per person. Their site should have listed the Amiibos and their site should have been ready for the traffic.

Hugstable

Banned
I'm done with this, went to my gamestop just now after I got out and everything sold out. This has gotten stupid, it's just not worth it. I honestly feel like selling all my amiibos right now, I don't see why these supply issues have to be a damn thing.

mstevens

Why do they keep doing this during normal work day hours? Ugh. Do it at 6-7 pm or something so the normal worker has a chance.

And how does it work, you give them your credit card info over the phone and you can order whatever you want? I called two gamestops in areas of SoCal that are in the boonies and they did NOT want to take my info over the phone..so not sure which gamestops to call. I just want the splatoon bundle, pac-man, wario, and MAYBE MAYBE Ness if I can get lucky
No he just confirmed my account and printed out a hold on the item. Basically he has it held for me and it isn't paid for until I come in the store by 9pm tonight

Shauni

NoA carries most of the blame. But GameStop should have restricted a strict one per person. Their site should have listed the Amiibos and their site should have been ready for the traffic.

Agreed. NOA is, of course, the root of the problem, but the fact that GS was literally destroyed for like an hour is without a doubt on them. That PK Thunder was the slow ball kind, GS didn't even bother to try and dodge.

No he just confirmed my account and printed out a hold on the item. Basically he has it held for me and it isn't paid for until I come in the store by 9pm tonight

Oh I see how it works..yeah I was told the same thing, that if I come to the store within an hour I can get it, that they would just place a hold for me..I will just try going to a few gamestops tomorrow and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom