• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the biggest disappointment of the day is being in a Gamestop full of Nintendo fans for 90 minutes and only getting two Street Passes.

georly

I think the biggest disappointment of the day is being in a Gamestop full of Nintendo fans for 90 minutes and only getting two Street Passes.

I don't bring my 3DS to work, and I had to go from work to gamestop. I imagine many people were in the same boat. I bring my 3DS everywhere except for work, since it's pointless (no streetpasses at work, nor on the way to work, and i can't play it at work).

Goomba64

Banned
Wow what a day, I managed to get 20 amiibos including 10 of Ness which I immediately flipped for $15-20 profit each right outside the store. Thanks nintendo for the easy money.

Ness isout of stock! (according to some people)
Honestly, Gamestop did ok with their exclusive. They got enough in stock to provide with the whole community.

Velcro Fly

Wow what a day, I managed to get 20 amiibos including 10 of Ness which I immediately flipped for $15-20 profit each right outside the store. Thanks nintendo for the easy money.

This kind of thing should be ban worthy when there's multiple people with lives that missed out

backlot

Brian★;158633761 said:
Honestly, Gamestop did ok with their exclusive. They got enough in stock to provide with the whole community.

Where's mine then?

Ray-J-Stare-VH1-For-the-Love-of-Ray-J.gif

for 5000 stores and lets say 3 hours after it went live, it was a "decent" launch , i know a lot of people didnt get ness :( but he lasted a decent chunk of time

Palocca

Damn, I feel really bad for the people that had to wait in line only to get denied...

When the Gamestop server crashed, my store had us write down our information in the order that we arrived. I was probably... 10th in line? But I got the order confirmation in the e-mail, then got a call from the employees confirming and telling me to come down and pay for the amiibos.

Shoutout to the Gamestop off Beverly and Detroit in Los Angeles. You guys are great.

Brian★;158633761 said:
Well Reddit jumped the gun. People in this thread were using the WIS system around the time I guessed and did not get it.
So yeah actually sold out now. Unless they add more...

<Activating Sarcasm Mode>
And thank you for giving everyone who wanted an Amiibo a frustrating day! You are the bomb!

Sponge

Banned
JIGGLYPUFF NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was on m,y drive to work when it happened. It went by all so fast ;___;

Missing Ness I'm less disgruntled about, as I already have a Japanese order in for him.

I have a Japanese Ness ordered too. It's every other Amiibo I'm worried about.

Koppai

Damn, I feel really bad for the people that had to wait in line only to get denied...

When the Gamestop server crashed, my store had us write down our information in the order that we arrived. I was probably... 10th in line? But I got the order confirmation in the e-mail, then got a call from the employees confirming and telling me to come down and pay for the amiibos.

Shoutout to the Gamestop off Beverly and Detroit in Los Angeles. You guys are great.

That is a really awesome thing they did :)

SaviourMK2

Brian&#9733;;158633761 said:

Speak for yourself, I had no car today and was completely fucked. Unless they decide to put him online, I lost out on Ness completley

He's just trolling. No way someone at Gamestop would be doing that without getting fired.
An employee let a friend of mine buy 3 but he had to get 1 per transaction and he had to go to the back of the line every time he purchased a single Ness. Everyone who came got a Ness so nothing happened to him lol. I imagine some employees would let people buy how much they wanted.

Palocca

How does this even work though? Did you write down their phone numbers and tell them you're going to call once they arrive?

_woLf

Brian&#9733;;158633761 said:

If you didn't have school, a job, or no car, sure.

Velcro Fly

Launch was awful.

I'd rather see online and in store limit of 1 per address.

WiS was down for much of the afternoon.

And honestly it was so hot in my GameStop I felt like I was either going to faint or puke while standing there waiting. =/

Did you manage to get Ness, silky? I may have missed if you did or not, but I know you were going to try.

Was sold out by the time I got back there. Probably missed it by only a few minutes. GameStop guy I could tell felt awful about the whole thing since it started working again after I left and just about everyone behind me in line got one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom