• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armaly

I'm so glad I got my Ness and Splatoon 3-pack pre-orders!

I think this is gonna be it for me. I have Yoshi, Link, Luigi (Mario Party 10 version, a.k.a. the better version), Shulk (coming in later), Ness, and Splatoon. I got all of the characters I wanted. =)

Same, I got Ness, Robin, Lucina, and Mega Man. Gave up on Little Mac so i'm set. I'll try for Ganondorf but i'm not going to put any actual effor it.

Sushigod7

Finally got to a GS store about about 15 people waiting when I got there after a little bit they said no more Ness so I left. What a fun day of refreshing GS .com and trying to get to a store. Fuck these exclusives.

Well, I'm pretty hell bent on completing the smash line; so much so I'm going to give in to scalpers soon, I'm sure. I only have a gold mario for one trade, but after that, I really have no other options for completing the series.

Wooly Yoshi (3 color), Lucas, Mew two, ...

Oh, you know you will be back.

Not interested in Lucas or Mewtwo, and I think it's redundant to have two Yoshi Amiibos.

The only reason why I would get one of the yarn Yoshis is if the other Yoshi Amiibos don't unlock that single-player co-op mode (which I doubt will happen, based on how Amiibos have been implemented so far), and even then I'm not too sure.

ash321

Well, I'm pretty hell bent on completing the smash line; so much so I'm going to give in to scalpers soon, I'm sure. I only have a gold mario for one trade, but after that, I really have no other options for completing the series.

You can import them. It will be cheaper.

IrishNinja

This can't be right. I ordered my splatoon 3 pack at 6:51pm EST. Ness was sold out. GS memo said they will put them online later according to a friend employee.

man i wanna hold out hope, but after the heartbreak earlier by the register im leaning towards a JP one on ebay again

ChaosXVI

Is Wario going to be common? Amidst all the excitement about Lucina and Robin at Best Buy...forgot to order him...

I'd be surprised if he wasn't a common, uncommon at worst. My main goal for now was getting all exclusives and Fire Emblem characters in this wave.

I'm 1 for 5 so far...Yay for Ness!

Shauni

Based on previous waves, I honestly don't think anyone should worry about Wario, Charizard or Pacman. They may be hard to get preorder wise, may even go a period were they are fairly rare, but will eventually be common or uncommon. I think any character from a large, or at least "known", franchise has been easy to get eventually.

Korosenai

That's a shitty teacher. Going to class shouldn't be a bonus.
Yes, he is a shitty teacher. He's also very biased against students and let's you know if he likes you or not. And on top of that, if you miss a single day (he said even if you die) you don't get the 45 bonus points. Those 45 bonus points are literally an entire grade (I have a 79 right now and without those bonus points id have a 69).

Bubba77

I kept refreshing the gamestop page forever with no luck. So i went to gamestop at 5pm eastern and easily got a ness and splatoon 3 pack preorder. Good luck I guess

Got the 6-pack and 3-pack from GameStop after a 30 minute checkout. Waited since the store opened and was first in line, so I guess that paid off. Unfortunately, that means I missed the Jigglypuff pre-order - so if anyone managed to snag a spare one, I am willing to trade either one of my spare Shulk or Rosalina for it.

Vuapol

I went over to Toys R Us at about 5 o'clock and Greninja pre-orders aren't up yet. Spoke to an employee and he told me they still haven't heard from corporate. He told me he wasn't completely sure, but that pre-orders will probably start tomorrow. I'll be damned if I'm gonna repeat the Lucario fiasco with Greninja.

Made it to the GameStop a couple minutes later. Completely empty store. Talked to the manager at the register and it took him a while but my Ness pre-order was processed. Sweet~ Almost had a heart-attack though. Halfway through my pre-order process I see a dude sprinting in through the front door out of the corner of my eye.

He starts yelling. I'm petrified as I'm thinking I'm about to get caught up in a damn armed robbery. Instead, the words out of his mouth are "Amiibo! Amiibo!". Starts rambling to the other cashier about how Jigglypuff is sold out at Target and how he's here to pre-order one of every amiibo. Cashier looks like he wants to throttle him. Manager tells me how much the day has sucked.

So, protip: Don't be a maniac when you're on your amiibo hunt. Cause if you are it makes the honest amiibo-collecting folk look bad and scares the shit out of innocent bystanders.

Shauni

I kept refreshing the gamestop page forever with no luck. So i went to gamestop at 5pm eastern and easily got a ness and splatoon 3 pack preorder. Good luck I guess

They never went up online. It was only in-store. It was announced as both initially, but it changed somewhere between yesterday and today, apparently.

I missed out on Jigglypuff, but I was able to score Ness and Pac-Man at the second GameStop I went to! Those are the only wave 4 Smash amiibo I really wanted besides Jigglypuff, so I'm pretty happy.

Hopefully Target re-opens Jigglypuff pre-orders at some point. Otherwise, unless I can happen to find Charizard somewhere (who I can honestly do without if it comes to that), I'm good until Palutena and Dark Pit pre-orders open!

Thoraxes

I missed out on Jigglypuff, but I was able to score Ness and Pac-Man at the second GameStop I went to! Those are the only wave 4 Smash amiibo I really wanted besides Jigglypuff, so I'm pretty happy.

Hopefully Target re-opens Jigglypuff pre-orders at some point. Otherwise, unless I can happen to find Charizard somewhere, I'm good until Palutena and Dark Pit pre-orders open!
If it's like Rosalina, the floodgates will open for about 2 hours on release day online.

I'm probably going to opt for European or Japanese versions of Greninja or Jiggly though. Much less of a hassle to deal with. Hell I have all of wave 4 with UK.

jason00

Neo Member
I had a pretty good Amiibo day today -- I managed to get Jigglypuff on target.com, Charizard and Pac-Man on Best Buy's site with my GCU, and my wife waited three hours in line to get Ness and the Splatoon 3-pack for me at a Gamestop store.

So, I want to pay it forward. To all UK amiibros -- a lot of people were upset because people here in the US bought all of the Amazon UK preorders of wave 4. I myself preordered Ness because I was worried about getting a US version. Well, I have a US version preordered now and instead of cancelling the UK preorder and letting someone randomly buy it at 3am on a Tuesday, I will transfer the order to someone in the UK (you have to pay for it obviously, but you can pay retail + cover all paypal fees on the money you send. I won't charge you anything extra). I don't have prime with the UK one so you have to pay shipping, but first person to PM me who has a UK address (i.e., you better live in England, Scotland or Wales) can take my preorder off of my hands. If no one sends me a PM by the time I get up for work tomorrow (5am CST in the US) then it gets cancelled.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I had a pretty good Amiibo day today -- I managed to get Jigglypuff on target.com, Charizard and Pac-Man on Best Buy's site with my GCU, and my wife waited three hours in line to get Ness and the Splatoon 3-pack for me at a Gamestop store.

So, I want to pay it forward. To all UK amiibros -- a lot of people were upset because people here in the US bought all of the Amazon UK preorders of wave 4. I myself preordered Ness because I was worried about getting a US version. Well, I have a US version preordered now and instead of cancelling the UK preorder and letting someone randomly buy it at 3am on a Tuesday, I will transfer the order to someone in the UK (you have to pay for it obviously, but you can pay retail + cover all paypal fees on the money you send. I won't charge you anything extra). I don't have prime with the UK one so you have to pay shipping, but first person to PM me who has a UK address (i.e., you better live in England, Scotland or Wales) can take my preorder off of my hands. If no one sends me a PM by the time I get up for work tomorrow (5am CST in the US) then it gets cancelled.
I will buy and in U.S.!!! PM'D

L95

They never went up online. It was only in-store. It was announced as both initially, but it changed somewhere between yesterday and today, apparently.

I went to my local store at around 4pm est today and the guy said they weren't up for preorder instore or online...

I asked about Ness, Lucina, and Robin.

Koppai

People don't seriously believe American's bought up all the UK preorders. Amiibo are popular everywhere, I really doubt that is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom