• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

I missed the two store exclusives but got the 5 that I really wanted. Can't be all bad.

But I am planning on being up tomorrow for Greninja preorders :(

He almost didn't even make it to the store.

Lucina and Robin went before ness. It was crazy Being the one behind the register and trying to process people's orders. We had a big line and the bundled sku went down after we were able to process three orders (which took over an hour). thankfully our customers were cool about things. We all embraced the struggle together.

So, I wasn't able to snag a Jigglypuff yet but i did manage

Lucina x2
Robin x2
Wario x2
Charizard x2
Pac-Man x2
Ness x1

If anyone would like to make some trades, they're all US versions. For now, Ness is not for trade, but the rest of my spares are

SaviourMK2

11081183_10205517113702711_847730162760832400_n.jpg

I'm sure tomorrow I'll have to beat Greninja enough times to make up for it.

But I feel somewhat better, just needed 10 minutes to beat up ome Lv 9 CPUs.

Considering watching my Sonic amiibo wreck their shit up.

dodgeme

Damn I have no interest in getting up at 7am for Greninja but am gonna have to now after getting everything but Ness so far.

So, I wasn't able to snag a Jigglypuff yet but i did manage

Lucina x2
Robin x2
Wario x2
Charizard x2
Pac-Man x2
Ness x1

If anyone would like to make some trades, they're all US versions. For now, Ness is not for trade, but the rest of my spares are

In have a jiggly puff to trade for Lucia and Robin

jason00

Neo Member
People don't seriously believe American's bought up all the UK preorders. Amiibo are popular everywhere, I really doubt that is the case.

I was exaggerating a bit, but there sure were a lot of UK residents upset on both GAF and Reddit so I thought I would let one of them have the Ness order. I don't want/need a UK one since I am in the US.

Man today has been so defeating, so many scalpers in my area and im the sucker who has a real job and cant get to the stores on time, Ive managed to get everything so far but the way this is going im considering selling my collection at cost. Nintendo of america really underestimated the american market. How are you gonna make these things so limited!!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Wow what a day, I managed to get 20 amiibos including 10 of Ness which I immediately flipped for $15-20 profit each right outside the store. Thanks nintendo for the easy money.

We take our thread rules very seriously. Prepare yourself.

Shun

Brian★;158637784 said:
Nope, only in Stores.

Hey Brian, will you guys be offering any Jigglypuff, Greninja, Palutena, Zero Suit, Ganon, Dark Pit some time down the line?

Or is that all through your notification system?

I give up. I had all the American Versions until now but I decided to spend the day in disneyland with my brothers daughters and I missed out on everything.

Now Im wondering if i should sell everything or just wait.

I can go into any store and get all disney infinity but not amiibos , Nintendo is retarted.

You know what sucks? Being on moving day #2, having time to get to 2 GameStops, and finding out that they're already out of everything.

Grok4Spock

Was first in line at 3 pm, but had to get to work and left empty handed thanks to GameStop's meltdown. Was able to get back there while getting something to eat only to find that Pac Man and the Splatoon 3-pack were all that was left. My precious Wario was all gone. If I can get these Amiibo pre ordered on Amazon, my WIS order is as good as cancelled...

If it's like Rosalina, the floodgates will open for about 2 hours on release day online.

I'm probably going to opt for European or Japanese versions of Greninja or Jiggly though. Much less of a hassle to deal with. Hell I have all of wave 4 with UK.

Heh, seriously. Jigglypuff is going to be really hard to get.

Actually, I'm going to Japan for a couple of weeks in early-mid May. If Jigglypuff releases early there for some reason, I'll just pick one up while I'm there!

Greninja goes up for pre-order on Toys 'R Us's website tomorrow morning, right? I'll have to see if I can nab him.

Kilau

11081183_10205517113702711_847730162760832400_n.jpg

I'm sure tomorrow I'll have to beat Greninja enough times to make up for it.

But I feel somewhat better, just needed 10 minutes to beat up ome Lv 9 CPUs.

Considering watching my Sonic amiibo wreck their shit up.

Nicely done lol, have you played Blue Namagem yet?

Shun

Brian★;158639095 said:
I will actually offer it soon ;)

Oh awesome, I will be looking forward to that and hopefully we can do the Pokemon/Kid Icarus/ZSS-Ganon orders together to ship at the same time.

Thank you for putting your store up and giving others a second chance.

radcliff

Managed to pre order Ness and Pac-Man at Gamestop in store after work. Robin and Lucina were sold out. They still had the Splatoon set for pre order, but I didn't want those.

Meia

What a fucking day.

Went to gamestop at 11am, asked if they were doing the preorder, girl didn't really know much about what was happening, so came back at 3pm. Was fifth on the line that was forming, and we ALL know the computer shenanigans, so won't get into that.

Finally get up to the register, have Lucina, Robin, Ness, and the female squid in the cart. After 10 minutes, Lucina and Robin were removed. She tried again, 10 minutes after that, removed again, and SOLD OUT appeared from them. Still had Ness and the squid go through, so not too bad I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom