• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGrue

I've been cursing a lot lately and I apologize. But FUCK Nintendo of America. My business is officially coming from Japan.

I can't take this anymore. No online preorders AND they've sold out? Fuck you.

Not sure you can blame Nintendo for what Gamestop chose to do. Target put theirs up online and TRU will do the same. Gamestop made the choice to make it in-store only.

Megatron

As for boxed amiibo, your best bet is probably a bookshelf (like you have now) or hanging them directly on a wall using push-pins - don't stick the pin through the package, just hang the box on the plastic part of the pin.

Better be doing that in like the basement or something. Sun Damage is going to destroy those boxes' coloring over time.

Thoraxes

Heh, seriously. Jigglypuff is going to be really hard to get.

Actually, I'm going to Japan for a couple of weeks in early-mid May. If Jigglypuff releases early there for some reason, I'll just pick one up while I'm there!

Greninja goes up for pre-order on Toys 'R Us's website tomorrow morning, right? I'll have to see if I can nab him.
I need to remember to make a TRU account when I get home tonight. I'll definitely be up when it's time.

Jobbs

Banned
Has the amazon preorde for Splatoon gone up at all? I was never notified.

And does every retailer draw from the same stock?

I don't THINK it has, I've been watching it all day -- but you shouldn't rely on Amazon notify. It's NOT reliable at all. In fact, in my experience it barely works.

I was too late...
ad-charliebrown.gif

no-there-is-another-random-34463500-245-170.gif

sonto340

I've been cursing a lot lately and I apologize. But FUCK Nintendo of America. My business is officially coming from Japan.

I can't take this anymore. No online preorders AND they've sold out? Fuck you.
I will never understand the rage at NINTENDO for this.
The anger should be directed at scalpers and store workers who order 10 or 15 for themselves with the intention of selling them on eBay. There were three or four people at my GameStop with that exact intention and the employees had no desire to turn them away. They were letting them purchase multitudes of them at once. That's where the anger should be. Fuck scalpers.

SaviourMK2

Not sure you can blame Nintendo for what Gamestop chose to do. Target put theirs up online and TRU will do the same. Gamestop made the choice to make it in-store only.

So you're saying despite the incredible demand that this store exclusive thing STOP, they went ahead and did it anyway.

The anger should be directed at scalpers and store workers who order 10 or 15 for themselves with the intention of selling them on eBay. There were three or four people at my GameStop with that exact intention and the employees had no desire to turn them away. They were letting them purchase multitudes of them at once. That's where the anger should be. Fuck scalpers.

I'll give you that. Scalpers need to taken out back and shot.

As annoying as scalpers may be for people, if Nintendo did supply enough the scalpers wouldn't be that much of a problem...

Wanderer5

Lol a couple hours ago I stumbled upon a gamestop on the way to college, and curiosity brought me in to learn that they still had Ness and Pac-man. Within a few mins I was walking out with a receipt of a order for Ness.XD

Did the amiibo come up on amazon yet? I have a friend that been freaking out of missing out all of the ones she wanted.:/ I suggested to see if Amazon had them up.

Their decision to do stupid store exclusives, and release limited amounts with little to no restock

sonto340

As annoying as scalpers may be for people, if Nintendo did supply enough the scalpers wouldn't be that much of a problem...
Of nintendo made more scalpers would just buy more. I'll agree that NINTENDO should be producing more but all the auctions in eBay with 10 or 15 in stock are the problem. Of all of those weren't in the hands of scalpers there would be hundreds more in the hands of collectors.

_woLf

I've been at work all day today. What does Nintendo expect me to do? I can't take a 3 hour lunch just to go stand in line and hopefully get a reservation.

And NoA doubling down on making it even worse with more exclusives...I just don't know what to think anymore.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Whelp time to bow out of this dumpster fire. Probably gonna get rid of my entire collection at this point NoA is filled with idiots I swear.

Lol, I was just staring at my collection and thinking the same thing. I'm gonna keep a couple, but I think the rest are going on eBay this weekend.

Might as well build funds for game collecting!

Jomjom

Banned

The rage is directed at Nintendo because if they simply just:

1) Took preorders first and then produced those numbers + X extra

or

2) Offered amiibo on their website

there would be no scalpers.

TheGrue

So you're saying despite the incredible demand that this store exclusive thing STOP, they went ahead and did it anyway.

I was addressing this comment:

"No online preorders AND they've sold out? Fuck you."

I agree with you that store exclusives suck, but Nintendo didn't make Gamestop not make them available online. Nintendo has blame for entirely different reasons and I'll agree with you on that front.

Of nintendo made more scalpers would just buy more. I'll agree that NINTENDO should be producing more but all the auctions in eBay with 10 or 15 in stock are the problem. Of all of those weren't in the hands of scalpers there would be hundreds more in the hands of collectors.

You would be surprised, the small amount of Majora's mask 3ds that came in two weeks ago made the average price of one online decrease by 100 dollars.

I assure you, if Nintendo upped the supply enough, scalpers wouldn't be able to sell as well as they are selling now. People would have no reason to buy overpriced scalped amiibos that are readily available for retail price other than the buyers being uninformed. I'm not saying scalpers aren't part of the problem, but to say that you don't understand the rage at Nintendo for this is kind of silly to me...

Jomjom

Banned
I think I probably will be selling all of my amiibos after today and just keeping to Disney Infinity from now on. Not being able to get a single preorder today has really killed my interest for amiibo. I guess in a way I should be grateful.

I wonder how much I could get for a full set of all the amiibos pre-Wave 4 still in packaging.

Thoraxes

this, resellers find a way :p

i didnt see any kids/babies with adults ordering any but lots of people in line were talking about that

LOL. Even then, you'd have people asking their friends/family who aren't interested in amiibos to try and place orders for 'em.
I'd be fine with that and mandatory blood donations.

Imagine how many lives they could save if they tied amiibos to donating blood lol

Fushin

Check your email for an order confirmation if you had trouble at the register earlier. Happened to me and I went back and was able to go through. My GameStop is awesome though. Ness and Splatoon pack! Yay!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I assure you, if Nintendo upped the supply enough, scalpers wouldn't be able to sell as well as they are selling now. People would have no reason to buy overpriced scalped amiibos that are readily available for retail price other than the buyers being uninformed. I'm not saying scalpers aren't part of the problem, but to say that you don't understand the rage at Nintendo for this is kind of silly to me...

Exactly.
Just look at how much the Pikachu amiibo is selling for on eBay.

VICI0US

OT from wave 4, but for those who had ike/dedede delayed from gamestop, did anyone ever get theirs? I haven't heard anything about my pre-orders :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom