• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

doowrah

So I missed out on Ness because I was in class from noon to 7 solid. As I understand it, he's totally sold out. Any chance anyone got an extra pre-order?

I have a sealed NA Gold Mario to trade. In fact, it's still in the box from target. DM me if anyone can help

Ashilyn

Yeeeah. I think I may try to get ZSS and ganondorf, but I'm done. I'll grab Robin and Lucina somehow and call it a day, this has just gotten too stupid.

Balb

OT from wave 4, but for those who had ike/dedede delayed from gamestop, did anyone ever get theirs? I haven't heard anything about my pre-orders :

I asked the employee at my GameStop about this since I'm in the same situation. He said the release date is still tba.

This is so infinitely fucked. I spent two hours F5ing GameStop at work - the site was down the whole time.

I missed out on the Best Buy preorders too because I had literally stepped away from my desk for eight minutes to buy some tea to calm a new round of stressful amiibo preorders.

If I shout FUCK into the void of the Internet enough times, NoA will stop sucking, right?

weevles

I don't understand why Nintendo would be willing to flood the market with only their core amiibo and under produce the rest. Would they rather see Mario, Luigi, and Donkey Kong sitting on the shelves gathering dust? I wish Nintendo would just flood the market with all versions of Amiibos.

Ultimadrago

Brian★;158641321 said:
KFOQgln.png

Neogaf exclusive!

I can't tell if this is a real or a joke.

Don't mess with my heart, mayne :(

Jobbs

Banned
I've resigned myself to the idea of just buying jigglypuff off of ebay. I've stopped being mad about it.

It's not that big a deal -- Especially if I wait a few days after it comes out and the price drops to $30 - $35 like it did with rosalina.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
So I missed out on Ness because I was in class from noon to 7 solid. As I understand it, he's totally sold out. Any chance anyone got an extra pre-order?

I have a sealed NA Gold Mario to trade. In fact, it's still in the box from target. DM me if anyone can help

Philip-J.-Fry-picture.jpg

Josh5890

Brian★;158642506 said:
My store is called PygeHD. You can see it on the bottom right. This is a tech store and we are currently adding Amiibo products. All Amiibo Preorders will be at retail price. No scalpers here and we don't allow multiple figures for 1 order (4 villagers).

Expect anymore stock for the amiibos that are out of stock or is that it for them?

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Brian★;158642506 said:
My store is called PygeHD. You can see it on the bottom right. This is a tech store and we are currently adding Amiibo products. All Amiibo Preorders will be at retail price. No scalpers here and we don't allow multiple figures for 1 order (4 villagers).
You're selling the US version?

Brian★;158642506 said:
Well that is quite awesome of you.

shandy706

Just checked and I can get wario from Japan for $9.30 cents...+ a few bucks for forwarded shipping.

Hmmm...I can get Lucina and Robin for around $24 each too...eh, if I don't manage to get a US set I'll just get a freak'n import set.

Muzy72

Banned
So, I wasn't able to snag a Jigglypuff yet but i did manage

Lucina x2
Robin x2
Wario x2
Charizard x2
Pac-Man x2
Ness x1

If anyone would like to make some trades, they're all US versions. For now, Ness is not for trade, but the rest of my spares are
What amiibo do you need besides Jiggly?

If I made a product with very high consumer demand AND scalper demand, I would move heaven and earth to produce enough product to satisfy both and then some. I know that doing so would severily decrease scalper demand for the next round, but at least the consumers would be happy and I would sell tons.

Is that...wrong? Would that not be lucrative? Why isn't that happening? Because Nintendo?

Regiruler

So what is my best chance to get the Splatoon 3-pack online? I already drove out and gamestop was the closest. I didn't think target would have in-store pre-order so I stupidly didn't check.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I don't understand why Nintendo would be willing to flood the market with only their core amiibo and under produce the rest. Would they rather see Mario, Luigi, and Donkey Kong sitting on the shelves gathering dust? I wish Nintendo would just flood the market with all versions of Amiibos.

Based on remarks by Iwata to investors, some Amiibo are much more expensive to make than others. They planned on compensating by selling more of the simpler figures. I suspect a lot of the rarer characters are, wouldn't you know it, the expensive, complex figures. The core Mario characters and Pikachu are mostly simplistic, and the Super Mario line are very simple molds.

If that's the case, then the problem would be that Nintendo is flooding supply with the simple amiibo because those make the most profit per unit, even if it means a noticeable percentage sit on the shelf and don't sell. The more rarified Nintendo characters like Captain Falcon, Dedede, and anything labeled Fire Emblem, are more intricate character designs.

rjinaz

Amiibo Thread 7 | Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse

Seriously screw gamestop. They said they would have online preorders and now they are saying they are sold out.

TheGrue

So what is my best chance to get the Splatoon 3-pack online? I already drove out and gamestop was the closest. I didn't think target would have in-store pre-order so I stupidly didn't check.

It hasn't gone up anywhere else, so your chances of getting it from another retailer online are probably good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom