• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvaPot

tumblr_inline_nm5gv8vVEW1r2ou9t_500.png

kierwynn

Man, it's been a crazy day. Luckily, I managed to order everything today (being at work and on my phone proved to be a blessing for jigglypuff lol) and filled in the empty spots in my current collection (got the 3 commons I was missing for a good price from Target and found someone with the only rare I was missing <3). I feel like I've probably used all my amiibo luck for this wave, but I hope I manage to snag greninja. Honestly, tho, as lucky as I've been today, idk how much more of this I can handle. Still so many left to go and it only gets worse as time goes on... I think, at this point, it's the community that is keeping me going more than anything. lol

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Certainly got quiet in here... I guess everyone's in bed and/or napping until TRU stuff?

Anyone else waking up at 4AM/7AM with me? I won't be up for long but I hope something shows up around then...

Megatron

Certainly got quiet in here... I guess everyone's in bed and/or napping until TRU stuff?

Anyone else waking up at 4AM/7AM with me? I won't be up for long but I hope something shows up around then...

Getting up at 4 for a maybe is asking a lot, IMO.

Jrs3000

I'll be just getting off work at almost that time so I will see if it shows at 7.

Neo Dark

I want the Lucina amiibo, but if I don't get it at least I'll have this.

GSC10603.jpg

comes out this month. :)

The thing I've been looking forward to for 4 months now. It also looks better than the amiibo. Wish they did a better job on the face and color for her amiibo

You know seeing this reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh! Know like when Pegasus traps souls into cards (well he wasn't the only one but he did do that). Yeah that kind of thing. I was tempted to doodle a comic for this but I'm on spring break... and therefore I am lazy. So instead someone else can do it but here's how I imagine it.

Oh and I'm using Horizon for this story since I know he loves Lucina and I've already used him enough for jokes so I'm sure he won't mind =P

Horizon: Yes! Lucina pre-order. Now to pay! Wait... what's this? Pay with soul? Must be a typo. Oh well *clicks and blacks out*
(Horizon wakes up and sees amiibos the same size of him)
Horizon: WTF? LIFE SIZED AMIIBOS?! Wait is that a TV? And that's a mirror. WHAT? I'M A LUCINA AMIIBO?!?!
(Meanwhile at Nintendo HQ)
Rosalina: It seems another victim has fallen for our trap Mr. Iwata.
Iwata: Good... good. All is going according to plan. The world would never suspect you to have the millennium eye and using its powers to take people's souls and to trap them into amiibos. Amiibos learning to fight from NFC? (laughs) What a ridiculous thing people believe in. No... those are human souls fighting for their lives!

And that is the story of why Rosalina has a bang covering her eyes.

Audience: IT IS NOT!

Fine. It's the story of why amiibos are limited in quantities. Speaking of which... would you like to pre-order? Just click this button

Jobbs

Banned
the scalper complaining is getting kind of played out I feel.

Not that you don't have a right to feel upset that you missed Jigglypuff (just as an example -- and by the way, so did I and now I'll probably need to buy it off of ebay!), but secondary markets existing for items that are undersupplied and overdemanded are just a natural force of nature. Yeah, it's unfortunate that a squeezed supply meant you missed your chance to get it at retail price, but getting mad about it feels sort of like getting mad at the clouds for raining on your picnic. It's just a force of nature, a fact of life. You missed out; I missed out. Bummer, move on!

SalvaPot

The thing I've been looking forward to for 4 months now. It also looks better than the amiibo. Wish they did a better job on the face and color for her amiibo

You know seeing this reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh! Know like when Pegasus traps souls into cards (well he wasn't the only one but he did do that). Yeah that kind of thing. I was tempted to doodle a comic for this but I'm on spring break... and therefore I am lazy. So instead someone else can do it but here's how I imagine it.

Oh and I'm using Horizon for this story since I know he loves Lucina and I've already used him enough for jokes so I'm sure he won't mind =P

Horizon: Yes! Lucina pre-order. Now to pay! Wait... what's this? Pay with soul? Must be a typo. Oh well *clicks and blacks out*
(Horizon wakes up and sees amiibos the same size of him)
Horizon: WTF? LIFE SIZED AMIIBOS?! Wait is that a TV? And that's a mirror. WHAT? I'M A LUCINA AMIIBO?!?!
(Meanwhile at Nintendo HQ)
Rosalina: It seems another victim has fallen for our trap Mr. Iwata.
Iwata: Good... good. All is going according to plan. The world would never suspect you to have the millennium eye and using its powers to take people's souls and to trap them into amiibos. Amiibos learning to fight from NFC? (laughs) What a ridiculous thing people believe in. No... those are human souls fighting for their lives!

And that is the story of why Rosalina has a bang covering her eyes.

Audience: IT IS NOT!

Fine. It's the story of why amiibos are limited in quantities. Speaking of which... would you like to pre-order? Just click this button

So.. you are now an amiibo and can interact with Rosalina, Lucina, Paulatena, Peach, Samus and all the others...

Hmmmm...

Salamando

So.. you are now an amiibo and can interact with Rosalina, Lucina, Paulatena, Peach, Samus and all the others...

Hmmmm...

Yes, but wouldn't they have other people's souls inside of them too? You may be interacting with a Rosalina amiibo, but inside it's a scalper who smells of rotten eggs...or worse...could be he-who-shall-not-be-named. With the number of Rosalina's he's picked up...

Someone on reddit is now saying TRU will be up within 3 hours or less...and is asking for a mod verification...may be legit or may be bs...

Screw this out of wave 4 all I want is pacman wario ness, and the splatoon triple pack. Looks like ima have to import a ness like I had to do shulk and ike ; ;

Parham

Banned
Someone on reddit is now saying TRU will be up within 3 hours or less...and is asking for a mod verification...may be legit or may be bs...

That would be a pretty hilarious "fuck you" to all of the folks who already went to bed and planned on waking up around 7 AM EST.

Salamando

Spread mass rumor preorders go up between 7-9...people hoping for preorders go to sleep early to be awake on time...preorders go up even earlier than that...chaos ensues

I was hearing that Europe got wave 5 preorders today and sold out. Is this true? Also does anyone know if the Yarn Yoshi amiibo has pre orders in any part of the world? I know NA doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom