• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

The thing I've been looking forward to for 4 months now. It also looks better than the amiibo. Wish they did a better job on the face and color for her amiibo

You know seeing this reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh! Know like when Pegasus traps souls into cards (well he wasn't the only one but he did do that). Yeah that kind of thing. I was tempted to doodle a comic for this but I'm on spring break... and therefore I am lazy. So instead someone else can do it but here's how I imagine it.

Oh and I'm using Horizon for this story since I know he loves Lucina and I've already used him enough for jokes so I'm sure he won't mind =P

Horizon: Yes! Lucina pre-order. Now to pay! Wait... what's this? Pay with soul? Must be a typo. Oh well *clicks and blacks out*
(Horizon wakes up and sees amiibos the same size of him)
Horizon: WTF? LIFE SIZED AMIIBOS?! Wait is that a TV? And that's a mirror. WHAT? I'M A LUCINA AMIIBO?!?!
(Meanwhile at Nintendo HQ)
Rosalina: It seems another victim has fallen for our trap Mr. Iwata.
Iwata: Good... good. All is going according to plan. The world would never suspect you to have the millennium eye and using its powers to take people's souls and to trap them into amiibos. Amiibos learning to fight from NFC? (laughs) What a ridiculous thing people believe in. No... those are human souls fighting for their lives!

And that is the story of why Rosalina has a bang covering her eyes.

Audience: IT IS NOT!

Fine. It's the story of why amiibos are limited in quantities. Speaking of which... would you like to pre-order? Just click this button

tumblr_inline_nm5gv8vVEW1r2ou9t_500.png

7/10, needs more time travel

vazel

Banned
Luckily I slept in today because I had a migraine so I'm going to be up all night playing Evolve and watching Netflix while having the amiibo section of toysrus.com automatically refreshing itself on my second monitor thanks to a chrome extension.

NIGHT-

welp! I don't go into work till tomorrow night. I got me a big bowl of fried rice, a movie playing on my tv and constantly refreshing my computer and iPhone. That Amiibo collecting life!

Nori Chan

I'll just wake up at 2 and stay up for a little bit and see if he's right if not, I'll just have to wake up every now and then to see if this thread has blown up or not. Lucia, Robin, and Greninja left for me. of course with puff as well

Thread got removed--seems other redditors didn't believe it all.

Anytime anyone makes a claim it often gets removed if moderators aren't on to check on the claim...so I wouldn't read into it being taken down one way or the other...

I'm doubtful that it's real...but there is a part of me that thinks he's not full of shit...

The thing I've been looking forward to for 4 months now. It also looks better than the amiibo. Wish they did a better job on the face and color for her amiibo

You know seeing this reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh! Know like when Pegasus traps souls into cards (well he wasn't the only one but he did do that). Yeah that kind of thing. I was tempted to doodle a comic for this but I'm on spring break... and therefore I am lazy. So instead someone else can do it but here's how I imagine it.

Oh and I'm using Horizon for this story since I know he loves Lucina and I've already used him enough for jokes so I'm sure he won't mind =P

Horizon: Yes! Lucina pre-order. Now to pay! Wait... what's this? Pay with soul? Must be a typo. Oh well *clicks and blacks out*
(Horizon wakes up and sees amiibos the same size of him)
Horizon: WTF? LIFE SIZED AMIIBOS?! Wait is that a TV? And that's a mirror. WHAT? I'M A LUCINA AMIIBO?!?!
(Meanwhile at Nintendo HQ)
Rosalina: It seems another victim has fallen for our trap Mr. Iwata.
Iwata: Good... good. All is going according to plan. The world would never suspect you to have the millennium eye and using its powers to take people's souls and to trap them into amiibos. Amiibos learning to fight from NFC? (laughs) What a ridiculous thing people believe in. No... those are human souls fighting for their lives!

And that is the story of why Rosalina has a bang covering her eyes.

Audience: IT IS NOT!

Fine. It's the story of why amiibos are limited in quantities. Speaking of which... would you like to pre-order? Just click this button

tumblr_inline_nm5gv8vVEW1r2ou9t_500.png

Horizon becomes Lucina? :eek: He can be just like Mizuki xD

and yeah, I'm staying up now. :p

Anywhere online I can still order a Mega Man Amiibo? or am i going to have to go hunting

I think Wal-Mart still has him, worth checking at least

MicH

God, it is good living in Europe with this Amiibo craze. Pre-ordered wave 4 months ago and yesterday I pre-ordered Greninja, Jigglypuff and the blue Yarn Yoshi. Feels good! Awaiting the next wave of Amiibo

Thread got removed--seems other redditors didn't believe it all.
That's what happened to other rumors as well that was later proven to be real. It happens when there isn't anyone around to verify it at the time.

I'm just going to go to sleep and wake up at 6:45. I hope what he says isn't true.

weevles

Anytime anyone makes a claim it often gets removed if moderators aren't on to check on the claim...so I wouldn't read into it being taken down one way or the other...

I'm doubtful that it's real...but there is a part of me that thinks he's not full of shit...

That's what happened to other rumors as well that was later proven to be real. It happens when there isn't anyone around to verify it at the time.

I'm just going to go to sleep and wake up at 6:45. I hope what he says isn't true.

Whelp.

weevles

The thread indicates a mod was looking at it, but the fact it's still deleted does make me wonder. I'll be up late either way anyways so...

Kitoro

So, I'm entering into an official Nintendo Amiibo Tournament at Wondercon this weekend...

I own every currently released Amiibo in the US so far, but haven't gotten around to open many yet.

I'm wondering which Amiibo AI is the most well-known for being formidable.

I know a lot of it has to do with level, food stats, and battle experience, but which Amiibo should I focus on to try and make it to the top?

I main Dedede, so I'm inclined to finally open my Dedede Amiibo and train him up, but I'm looking to work on the best AI there is!

Thanks!

God, it is good living in Europe with this Amiibo craze. Pre-ordered wave 4 months ago and yesterday I pre-ordered Greninja, Jigglypuff and the blue Yarn Yoshi. Feels good! Awaiting the next wave of Amiibo
Wait... Yoshi amiibo pre-orders were up there already?!?! (I know you're getting the game early but I have hardcore foaming for adorable plush Yoshis.)

So, I'm entering into an official Nintendo Amiibo Tournament at Wondercon this weekend...

I own every currently released Amiibo in the US so far, but haven't gotten around to open many yet.

I know a lot of it has to do with level, food stats, and battle experience, but which Amiibo should I focus on to try and make it to the top?

I main Dedede, so I'm inclined to finally open my Dedede Amiibo and train him up, but I'm looking to work on the best AI there is!

Thanks!

might see you there. i'm gonna enter my megaman, that i had the computers train for me.

what day you going?

Thanks!

Twitch has has a couple 24-7 Amiibo Fighter streams, and i've watched quite a few times.

I'd have to say Wii Fit Trainer and Villager seem to finish 1st quite often, and usually always in top 3 finishers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom