• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
Holy shit for EB Games Australia it appears that Greninja, Paultena, ZSS, Ganondorf and Dark Pit have all sold out already. Not even wave four sold out that fast, I think it took at least 48 hours for Lucina to sell out. The demand is real, the stock is not.

-Horizon-

I barely eve notice it. Would you rather have them go back to bright yellow and blue cause they still can!
Clear or not, that thing still sticks out like a sore thumb.

Why does Lucina even need that weird stand? It looks so silly and makes it look cheaper.
I'm trying to justify it in my head as something to help keep amiibos from simply snapping if dropped but that'll probably still happen if dropped right.

Brian★;158659294 said:
The Rosalina stand is ok. It's barely noticeable.
The stand for the Luma I can tolerate if only because since they're trying to match Smash's art then of course they'll need a way to put the Luma "in the air".

I wonder who owns this and pretty much all the amiibo used in the photos from Nintendo's website. Probably Bill Trinen. Hope she doesn't get that downgraded like Marth :c
Probably in some secret vault 30 meters under the surface of Nintendo in Japan never to be see again. Or they were all melted down to form the one true amiibo.

Holy shit for EB Games Australia it appears that Greninja, Paultena, ZSS, Ganondorf and Dark Pit have all sold out already. Not even wave four sold out that fast, I think it took at least 48 hours for Lucina to sell out. The demand is real, the stock is not.

It's been a day. What do you expect?

ZeroX03

Banned
Brian★;158661355 said:
Didn't it take Lucina and Robin 24 hours at EBGames as well?

I think it was roughly 40 hours for Lucina and 50 for Robin and Ness. Either we're getting less stock of Australian amiibo collecting is getting more brutal.

Ganondorf and Greninja are especially surprising. The Pokemon and Zelda series have been well stocked.

Palutena and Dark Pit were always going to be fucking rare as hell though lol.

vazel

Banned
I keep my Amiibos in a tote bag with my other games, they are pretty sturdy.
They are sturdy. My nephew likes playing with my amiibos, he throws them around like they're bouncing balls and he even bathes with them and nothing has broken, and the nfc still works despite having been submerged in water.

Edit: And just as I make this post I notice Mario has a few scratches on his cap. :( Oh well, at least nothing snapped off.

From the new Smash ones, Olimar, Jigglypuff, Dr Mario and Bowser Jr are the only ones left on EB Australia.

Take that as you will for what will be common.

-Horizon-

I keep my Amiibos in a tote bag with my other games, they are pretty sturdy.
Well glad to know they're good for something then.

They are sturdy. My nephew likes playing with my amiibos, he throws them around like they're bouncing balls and he even bathes with them and nothing has broken, and the nfc still works despite having been submerged in water.
Why did I start thinking of Toy Story when I read this?

Thank god, I passed out after staying awake for 24 hours and I was worried I missed out on Amazon pre-orders.
We still don't know when Amazon might put them up. They gave pages set up. But that's it.

ZeroX03

Banned
From the new Smash ones, Olimar, Jigglypuff, Dr Mario and Bowser Jr are the only ones left on EB Australia.

Take that as you will for what will be common.

I'm not 100% sure that's how things will fall. Something odd is up with Australian stock. Olimar being more common than Greninja and Ganondorf? Even ZSS I'm a little surprised about.

It could be that EB just put a conservative number of each up. I would be shocked if Ganondorf wasn't Sheik tier rarity at least.

ace_of_space

Neo Member
And to think things would get easier as the waves went on...

dMxd0tf.gif

Helloo amiibo thread. I have successfully ordered Ness from GS. I have no interest in keeping him. I do want Greninja. If my attempt to preorder Greninja fails in the coming hours I will happily trade Ness for one Greninja.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking I should set the alarm for 4am... just in case. If nothing within like an hour I will (try to) go back to sleep. $10 says if I leave it'll go up :/

skaflone721

Neo Member
Would people be interested in taking a Wave 4 Japanese order off my hands or should I just cancel. This is if I fail to get Lucina and Ness in the US.

It's for only the first 6, Lucina, Robin, Ness, Charizard, Wario and Pac Man.

All from Amazon JP but shipped using Tenso.

Id go through with it but I haven't confirmed myself on Tenso plus I'm really hoping for a US set and at this point, the shipping would probably be a lot.

Would people be interested in taking a Wave 4 Japanese order off my hands or should I just cancel. This is if I fail to get Lucina and Ness in the US.

Id go through with it but I haven't confirmed myself on Tenso plus I'm really hoping for a US set and at this point, the shipping would probably be a lot.

Shipping should be fine, should be approx $10 - $20.

Baliis

I'd be interested, shoot me a PM

The_Afroman

What's the total and I think I can do it.. PM me

Do we know if the Toys R Us preorders deliver to home addresses or are they in store pickup only? And do they pre-charge for orders or only charge when the item ships?

Also, I ended up getting my Ness preorder in way after the havoc at 2:00. The clerk called me up at work and said she'd saved one for me. What a nice lady!

Do we know if the Toys R Us preorders deliver to home addresses or are they in store pickup only? And do they pre-charge for orders or only charge when the item ships?

Also, I ended up getting my Ness preorder in way after the havoc at 2:00. The clerk called me up at work and said she'd saved one for me. What a nice lady!

no details. But I presume online = home address. In store = Pick Up Instore.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
This is probably a silly question but does Amazon.co.jp ship to the US?

Only for CDs and books. You will have to use a forwarding service for the amiibos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom